Practicing!
adam b
Jan 29 2008, 01:23 AM
GMC:er
Ok so I have been playing for about 2 years.I just started using a metronome like two weeks ago. I also just started learning alternate picking (I'd been using economy). I am in the military and on my free time I like to play guitar but I noticed some bad habits I picked up. I hardly ever work on rythtem guitar and it shows. I have almost no rythem when it comes to chords. I work mostly just running up and down scales, and just playing around on the lower frets not even staying in key. I think when I make up stuff from scales it all sounds too similar and it gets old. I am stuck here and need some advice on how to get away from just scales!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- adam b   Practicing!   Jan 29 2008, 01:23 AM
- - Paul Coutts   I think you have to know the scales before you can...   Feb 11 2008, 05:34 AM
- - Pavel   I was starting by running up and down the scales j...   Feb 11 2008, 01:00 PM
- - adam b   QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 11 2008, 07:00 AM) I w...   Feb 13 2008, 05:43 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 03:05 PM