Birthmark's Mtp Thread
Emir Hot
Dec 1 2009, 05:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Birthmark

Please write a short info about your current playing abilities, prefered styles and post some recordings or a video.
I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
birthmark
Dec 3 2009, 09:04 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Dec 1 2009, 04:46 PM) *
Hi Birthmark

Please write a short info about your current playing abilities, prefered styles and post some recordings or a video.
I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

Hi Emir,

Thanks so much for taking your time for the MTP. I only found this thread tonight, so sorry Im a little late!

Ok, I have been playing guitar (mainly acoustic) for many years but only when I signed up to GMC was I really serious about learning the Guitar.

My abilities: I can play chords and some lead, but am not comfortable improvising - I think this is because I have not yet masterd feeling comfortable on the fretboard. I want to be able to sred like you do wink.gif

My preferred styles: I enjoy hard rock and some melodic metal. I enjoy "choppy" modern rock with riffs thrown in here and there to keep it exciting!

Here is the only recording Ive done. I have been practicing hard since then and feel like I can definately be challenged with a harder piece! I look forward to you being my instructor (was hoping it would be you!)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
discover your discomfort!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 5 2009, 05:27 PM
Instructor
First of all sorry for the delay. You signed up a bit later so you are likely to miss the first week assignment but you can catch up two of them within the next week.

Hi and thanks for the video. Well this take is not bad at all. The are things you should pay attention. You can submit this one for the REC program by the end of the month but first let's fix some things here. The first thing is the fingering. On 0:17 you're playing notes with the 2nd finger where the 3rd should really be the right choice. This way you're stretching too much and this is not comfortable for anyone. Check my lesson video and you'll see what I mean. The diminished run on 0:39 was out of time. This one is in 8th triplets and when you reach the last note it goes to normal 8th notes. Check the right timing there in the GP file. The next thing is the vibrato. Vibrato should be played from the wrist not from the finger. In this particular case of a ballad feel you should vibrate in 8th notes feel and that needs to be consistent throughout the whole take whenever you have a long note. Your vibrato is sometimes faster than that which ruins the melody flow. You had some notes that you didn't pick properly but that just needs a bit more concentration. The last thing is your sound. Try 20 or 30% more distortion and if you have a bit of delay in tempo that would also be nice.

Now let's start with something that many other guys are learning. Because you are entering the world of soloing, improvisation and some theory stuff, we need to start from scratch and learn some essential things. I am talking about major scale patterns in 5 positions which every serious player in the world should know.

This is the chart and the video from Dexxter's MTP thread. Here I am explaining the first 3 positions of the chart and you can figure out the other two. Later we will play much more compex things with these patterns but this is our starting point. Check how other guys are progressing with the same thing on the assignment threads.

This is how Dexxter did it. He made a drum loop and played over it. It would be nice if you can do the same.

You can do this assignment as soon as possible to catch up with the next one by the end of next week.

I will open the new assignment thread where you can post your final work. Keep this one for disscussion and practicing.

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Dec 5 2009, 05:28 PM

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2010, 12:28 AM
Instructor
Hi

Can you please let me know if you are happy to continue with this (now old) MTP phase. Sorry that I've been too busy and obviously too late as now is March but I got permission to continue if you want. I see that you haven't done this assignment that I've given you long ago.

Let me know either way so we can move on or lock the topic smile.gif

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 11:31 PM