8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
The Football Thread
superize
Jul 30 2009, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
The only leauge i follow with great interest is the one i play in laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 30 2009, 05:13 PM
GMC:er
Unless my beloved Arsenal start buying some replacements for all the players we're selling I can't see us doing very much at all this season! We'll be lucky to stay in the top 4!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 30 2009, 05:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 30 2009, 06:13 PM) *
Unless my beloved Arsenal start buying some replacements for all the players we're selling I can't see us doing very much at all this season! We'll be lucky to stay in the top 4!

Pfft. Arsenal...pfft. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 30 2009, 05:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 30 2009, 06:13 PM) *

No way, you are Arsenal fan? smile.gif
I support Arsenal as well but Partizan Belgrade in the first place of course wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 30 2009, 05:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 30 2009, 06:49 PM) *
No way, you are Arsenal fan? smile.gif
I support Arsenal as well but Partizan Belgrade in the first place of course wink.gif

That's it! I'm off the MTP! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 30 2009, 05:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 30 2009, 06:52 PM) *
That's it! I'm off the MTP! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Haha. I will get you back on it when you hear this story !

My first ever Premier League game I saw in London LIVE was Totenham vs Charlton at White Hart Line. Totenham won and I was in VIP lounge because starting eleven goalkeeper for Charlton was good friend of mine Sasa Ilic (Serbian guy).

Did that do it ?

I went to see Totenham maybe 3 or 4 times more at White Hart Line because there was one Serbian guy who was supporter of them so I went with him to Spurs games smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 30 2009, 05:55 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 30 2009, 01:21 PM) *
I don't really think we've begun our spending yet this summer. Or selling for that matter. Crouch and two young right/left backs (one of which is going back on a one year loan) is all.

You're supposed to be in for Huntelaar and possibly Vieira with Bent off to Sunderland Cael. At this point in time with out Huntelaar in and Bent out your net spend is the second or third highest - highest is City.

Spurs are also linked with an awful lot of other players so I do agree that you haven't stopped spending - just like City haven't.

SJ - I'd assume Arsenal will now be looking for transfers in with the large amount of cash City have given them this week and I think Arsene will spend it wisely smile.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 30 2009, 06:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 30 2009, 06:55 PM) *
You're supposed to be in for Huntelaar and possibly Vieira with Bent off to Sunderland Cael. At this point in time with out Huntelaar in and Bent out your net spend is the second or third highest - highest is City.

Spurs are also linked with an awful lot of other players so I do agree that you haven't stopped spending - just like City haven't.

SJ - I'd assume Arsenal will now be looking for transfers in with the large amount of cash City have given them this week and I think Arsene will spend it wisely smile.gif .

True, it's in generel been a very quite window. I can't remember the price tag of the two young left/right backs, but I think it was 3m a piece. Crouch was about 9m. That adds up to 15 million pounds. It's not a lot, and I think in generel it says more about the window than us.

I know we're in for a lot of other players - I actually have a list of most of the players rumored to come to us. It adds up to 70 or more. Though he has a grim past I wouldn't mind seeing Viera at Spurs.

If we sell Bent and another few our net spend will be about 0. Daniel Levy runs the economy side of the club very well. Though we've bought many players during the last few years, one has to consider the out goings as well. Robbie Keane and Berbatov brought in 50 mill.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 30 2009, 08:06 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jul 30 2009, 05:55 PM) *

I hope so! He's got quite a knack of buying good young players!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 30 2009, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 30 2009, 05:01 PM) *
True, it's in generel been a very quite window. I can't remember the price tag of the two young left/right backs, but I think it was 3m a piece. Crouch was about 9m. That adds up to 15 million pounds. It's not a lot, and I think in generel it says more about the window than us.

I know we're in for a lot of other players - I actually have a list of most of the players rumored to come to us. It adds up to 70 or more. Though he has a grim past I wouldn't mind seeing Viera at Spurs.

If we sell Bent and another few our net spend will be about 0. Daniel Levy runs the economy side of the club very well. Though we've bought many players during the last few years, one has to consider the out goings as well. Robbie Keane and Berbatov brought in 50 mill.

I think the two Kyles were at least 10m. Everton had agreed 5m just for Naughton according to SUFC but you offered at least 10m for both with one back on loan. Crouch was supposed to go to Sunderland for 12m but didn't want to go north so I think he went to you for 10m - good deal imho, well worth 10m as he'll score quite a few. Bent to Sunderland - maybe 12-15m so a good deal if you get Huntelaar for 10-12m? Keane and LFC - wink.gif. At the mo it's really only city who are throwing cash about though...

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 30 2009, 07:06 PM) *
I hope so! He's got quite a knack of buying good young players!

He has SJ, he has. I've a lot of time for Arsenal because you've developed and bought wisely rather than just thrown cash about. I think we (EFC) are pretty much trying the same mate. An example I think we're trying to follow though the press hate us for it. (How I hate Sky when they forget that we've been in the top 4 once and been top 5 regularly for the last 5 years. Oh wait Sky news flash - MCFC to challenge for 5th and break in to the top 4 rolleyes.gif dry.gif .)

More seriously - IF LFC do lose Alonso and Masch I think they'll struggle more than Arsenal to stay top 4. And it looks like Alonso is gone...

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jul 30 2009, 11:28 PM
Spurs are just one of those teams that screams average. Getting rid of Bent would be great though. He is terrible. Huntelaar would be a quality signing, I really do rate him. I still can't see Spurs doing that well though. Why anyone would want to buy Crouch I do not know. I don't care what anyone says he is useless. Watching him week in week out last season only confirmed my thoughts, but no one else seems to see it! He has no first touch is useless with both feet and unbelievably average in the air. Just because he has a foot headstart on most balls into the box doesn't mean he will put it away. And don't even get me started on his England performances.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jul 31 2009, 10:36 AM
Bobby Robson had died today aged 76. Absolutely heatbreaking. It always pained me to see him so frail in his last few years. What a legend and fantastic bloke.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 31 2009, 10:51 AM
Yes a real shame. He had been ill for some time. RIP Sir Bobby

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jul 31 2009, 11:04 AM
Robson on his time at Newcastle:

"A number of councillors wrote to me to say they had never seen so much emotion in a ceremony of that kind. Perhaps it was because I had talked about my father, and how he went down the pit white and came up black, in an area where the two colours symbolise a city's love of football, a love that burns within me and will never fade."

I'm so crushed. He was the most likeable person in football.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 31 2009, 12:12 PM
RIP Sir Bobby.
sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 31 2009, 12:21 PM
I'm not that into soccer, american football, nba for the win.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 31 2009, 01:53 PM
Instructor
RIP Bobby Robson.

We, Partizan Belgrade fans have great memory of him. 2003 Champions League qualifier 3rd round. First game we lost in Belgrade (0-1 was result) but then away managed to come back with 1-0. We than played extra time which resulted in penalties and we went through. That is the first time some team in Serbia managed to enter Champions league from creation of new country.

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Aug 2 2009, 09:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 31 2009, 07:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Jul 29 2009, 10:25 PM) *
I'm not alone now!!. I thought I was the only one here sick about football. I'm quite sad because Boca Juniors lost it's game yesterday aganist Manchester United. But, anyway, it's not a serious cup.
I'm very excited because the Apertura 09 will begin next week and Boca got a lot of great players. Let's see how is it

+1 supporting Boca til death! laugh.gif

QUOTE (superize @ Jul 30 2009, 12:28 PM) *
The only leauge i follow with great interest is the one i play in laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

hahaha, man!!! laugh.gif

the next word cup will be awesome! FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 is not too far from today.
so I think we´ll have a lot of fun following our countries´teams.

btw, which of your countries are in or out of the world cup?

+Quote Post
Duncan
Aug 1 2009, 12:39 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 31 2009, 01:53 PM) *
RIP Bobby Charlton.

Bobby Charlton's dead?

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 2 2009, 09:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Duncan @ Aug 1 2009, 01:39 AM) *
Bobby Charlton's dead?

Typo, Bobby Robson...

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:13 PM