11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Potsau's Bootcamp, Two man enter, one man leaves!
Potsau
Feb 28 2020, 01:38 PM
GMC:er

Could you please check out my right hand control and movement also if its nicely fixed on the bridge. Im feeling so much movement. Thx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2020, 09:55 PM
You've got it! Your hand is planted on the bridge and your picking with the thumb/first finger without lifting or wagging the hand. This takes a LOT of work and some folks just never get it. Well done!

Todd
QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 28 2020, 08:38 AM) *

Could you please check out my right hand control and movement also if its nicely fixed on the bridge. Im feeling so much movement. Thx

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 29 2020, 06:55 PM
Sup. Can u please show me a vid of your right hand where you play a minor pentatonic over 6 strings. I cant imagine how my right hand should repositioning from 1st to 6th and 6th to 1st while its fixed on the bridge. You know what I mean? 😬

At this time I carry my arm high and low equal to 1st and 6th. I think I should change the angle of my fight hand but that implicates tha my palm cant stay fixed on the bridge.

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 29 2020, 06:54 PM) *
Sup. Can u please show me a vid of your right hand where you play a minor pentatonic over 6 strings. I cant imagine how my right hand should repositioning from 1st to 6th and 6th to 1st while its fixed on the bridge. You know what I mean? 😬

At this time I carry my arm high and low equal to 1st and 6th. I think I should change the angle of my fight hand but that implicates tha my palm cant stay fixed on the bridge.

*right hand 😂

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 29 2020, 08:49 PM
I hear ya. It's a bit trick at first and it's ok to move the hand when needed, it's just a good idea to try to develop a center strategy where you can park you hand in the middle of the bridge and reach low or high just by tilting your hand. I'm using the "Lynch" technique in this vid and extending my mute by straightening my fingers out. You can curl the fingers in and get similar results.

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 29 2020, 01:55 PM) *

*right hand 😂

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 29 2020, 09:36 PM
Many thanks. Looks like your wrist changes position over 2 axes. Wrist to pinky over y axes. And thumb to 6th string x axes. Is that right?

When you on 1st string your thumb is really near to 6th string and otherwise far from 6th when you playing 6th string

I checked my vid. I did same with my wrist but was moving my arm up and down

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 1 2020, 01:03 AM

After 2 hours metronome I cannot realize the beat anymore. But I improved about 20bpm. Tryin next week the double triple and quadripel

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2020, 07:04 AM
Yup! It's ok to move the hand a bit if needed. I'm just trying to help you re train your hand to focus on a center strategy so that it becomes an instinct to try to keep your hand somewhere near the middle of the bridge so that you can hit all the strings and still keep a mute. This comes in handy later on when we start doing open string licks on every string and the left hand can't be used for muting. Make sense?

Todd

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 29 2020, 04:36 PM) *
Many thanks. Looks like your wrist changes position over 2 axes. Wrist to pinky over y axes. And thumb to 6th string x axes. Is that right?

When you on 1st string your thumb is really near to 6th string and otherwise far from 6th when you playing 6th string

I checked my vid. I did same with my wrist but was moving my arm up and down

Very good progress. This is one where we use every string and a very complex pattern. It's only natural to have to focus on the left hand on this one. Once you get used to the pattern, you will be able to notice your picking hand again. Your picking is good! You are moving the hand just a bit much but you are still keeping a good mute. It's about twice as hard to try to keep the hand centered as it takes focus when it's not yet an instinct so it distracts from your focus on the fret hand. For the purpose of 13, the left hand is more important so I'd say you are ready to make a MISSION VID!

Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 29 2020, 08:03 PM) *

After 2 hours metronome I cannot realize the beat anymore. But I improved about 20bpm. Tryin next week the double triple and quadripel

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 1 2020, 07:38 AM
Ok great. Thx 👍

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 1 2020, 08:59 AM
I decided not to play that much in 13. But I could see gret progress for myself. Approx 3 hours of practice.
You have great teaching skills.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2020, 09:51 PM
Impressive work Soldier!!! This scale Inversion is complex. It's nearly impossible to shred it. It's more about just playing it without forgetting where you are in the pattern. You KRUSHED it and did all the multi picking as well!!! NICE! Let's debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*TACTICAL PRECISION: Firstly I want to see precision. I want to see each note struck and not missed. You did a great job of keeping it together! This is a very complex lick and you nailed it. It's all about precision here. Without a high degree of precision, this lick just falls apart.

*STEADY PACE: You did well on your pacing. I noticed it drifting just a bit on the Triple and Quad picking but that's understandable. It takes a long time to be able to Quad Pick a complex lick at speed and keep it even. Your first two passes were quite steady.

*QUIET AS DEATH:
Muting is CRUCIAL on these types of licks that use all the strings, it's very hard to keep it from generating string noise. Not a problem here! Silent as the grave!

Well fought Soldier! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 1 2020, 03:59 AM) *

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 1 2020, 10:24 PM

I tried 14. In 2 Tempi. To look how my habbits may change while playing in different tempi

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 1 2020, 09:51 PM) *
Impressive work Soldier!!! This scale Inversion is complex. It's nearly impossible to shred it. It's more about just playing it without forgetting where you are in the pattern. You KRUSHED it and did all the multi picking as well!!! NICE! Let's debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*TACTICAL PRECISION: Firstly I want to see precision. I want to see each note struck and not missed. You did a great job of keeping it together! This is a very complex lick and you nailed it. It's all about precision here. Without a high degree of precision, this lick just falls apart.

*STEADY PACE: You did well on your pacing. I noticed it drifting just a bit on the Triple and Quad picking but that's understandable. It takes a long time to be able to Quad Pick a complex lick at speed and keep it even. Your first two passes were quite steady.

*QUIET AS DEATH:
Muting is CRUCIAL on these types of licks that use all the strings, it's very hard to keep it from generating string noise. Not a problem here! Silent as the grave!

Well fought Soldier! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Sarge

Yeah thanks for that new nice badge and critics. 👏

Here is 15 😉

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 1 2020, 10:50 PM

And here is 16
I played the Triads over all three major chord modes in cmajor.
v i iv

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 1 2020, 10:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2020, 11:17 PM
Maybe do two passes on 15, a slow one and a fast one. Your synch is drifting just a pinch at this speed. You are doing a GREAT Job on your muting hand!!! Your timing is improved as well! You are maybe an eighth of a second behind the metronome. Maybe slow this one down just a pinch for your Mission video. You have made great improvement. Keep it up!!!

QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 1 2020, 05:24 PM) *
Yeah thanks for that new nice badge and critics. 👏

Here is 15 😉

I'd say 14 is ready to go!!! Do you want 14 to be a Mission vid or do you plan to make another one?

QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 1 2020, 05:24 PM) *

I tried 14. In 2 Tempi. To look how my habbits may change while playing in different tempi

Here is 15 😉

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 1 2020, 11:15 PM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 1 2020, 11:29 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 1 2020, 11:17 PM) *
Maybe do two passes on 15, a slow one and a fast one. Your synch is drifting just a pinch at this speed. You are doing a GREAT Job on your muting hand!!! Your timing is improved as well! You are maybe an eighth of a second behind the metronome. Maybe slow this one down just a pinch for your Mission video. You have made great improvement. Keep it up!!!

I'd say 14 is ready to go!!! Do you want 14 to be a Mission vid or do you plan to make another one?

15: You right.

14 For mission. There are 400 missions left to Burst like hell. If I double my Tempo til there, I will be happy. 😍

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 1 2020, 11:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 2 2020, 10:30 AM

I did my homework grandmaster todd. Had push it to 220. I didnt feel the cap there. In my starting there is a lack to join right in the tempo. But I can join better after 1st loop. I feel the starting point has to be more aggressive to join directly in the tempo. 😉

And in my first takes the metronome was way to pianissimo. Changed it on later takes.

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 2 2020, 10:31 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 2 2020, 07:57 PM
Well Fought Soldier!! I can you muting position keeps getting better and you pick control keeps getting better as well. This drill forces the hand to do non stop string switching and there are no gaps so if you miss one note, it stands out. You have a very good handle on drill and it's a great warm up when practicing so keep it in your routine! You have come a long way in a short time. Congratulations! Your 14 Mission was very good and this one is quite good so let's test you out of 14 and Debrief 15, it's a bit more complex.

MEDALS OF HONOR

Sweep Shape: This is a "quasi sweep" it's not picked like a sweep, but the shape is similar to a sweep lick. It's complex. It requires a good left hand that can stick the landing with the pinky and keep tight control between the hands. This is the
most important part. You nailed it!

Follow Up: Making things even more complex. Part of this drill is a scale so you have to adapt from a sweep to scale shape. Getting this transition to be smooth is the entire point of the drill. It's very smooth so well done!!

Precision: Lastly, a high degree of precision is required for this entire thing. If you falter at any point it will stick out like a sore thumb. The good news is you never slipped. Score!!

Most Impressive. Your hand synch and work with the metronome gets better each vid you make. I can see the time spent when I watch your vids. I can hear the effort and practice when you play. This is what it takes to make true gains in your skills and your doing great! Keep it up!!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 2 2020, 05:30 AM) *

I did my homework grandmaster todd. Had push it to 220. I didnt feel the cap there. In my starting there is a lack to join right in the tempo. But I can join better after 1st loop. I feel the starting point has to be more aggressive to join directly in the tempo. 😉

And in my first takes the metronome was way to pianissimo. Changed it on later takes.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 2 2020, 09:36 PM
Great many thanks. You Right, I spent more than 7hours a week for the bootcamp. I can see how hard it is to self Control on practice time. But it is very nice Concept the bootcamp. So I rarely have to overcome myself. wink.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 2 2020, 10:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2020, 02:17 AM
I can hear the hours of practice in your playing. There is no way around putting in the time. If anyone says different they are not being truthful and probably want to sell you their own magical guitar course. It comes down to discipline and repetition. You have to spend time in the "wood shed" as we say smile.gif Keep it up Soldier!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 2 2020, 04:36 PM) *
Great many thanks. You Right, I spent more than 7hours a week for the bootcamp. I can see how hard it is to self Control on practice time. But it is very nice Concept the bootcamp. So I rarely have to overcome myself. wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 3 2020, 10:44 AM
Now I can join the fight by now. My form is very constant. Last week I started practice at 150. Now I start at 190 without loosing synch. I know its a bit fuzzy and hardly drifting but im falling in a calm dream wrapped in blessed smoke. My head is clear. I think thats the feeling of a virtuoso. But its might not enough to play like a virtuoso. 🥳

g major c major f major triads

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 3 2020, 10:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2020, 01:24 AM
LOOK AT HIM GO! This is based on a classical Etude and requires you to change strings non stop while keeping synch and sticking the landing with your pinky. It's a "mini" classical etude. Your hand has adapted very well to this and your timing with the metronome. You do drift just a bit now and then but it's not enough to keep you from moving on. You have really improved. Keep this up!! Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

SOLID MUTE: Firstly, a bad mute on this, means non stop string noise. The good news is that your mute has come a long way and you are keeping it all nice and tight!!!!

SYNCH OR SWIM: With every single MISSION your hand synch is getting better and better. Keep up your missions and it will keep getting better!

ARTICULATION: Very well done on picking articulation! Your hand is centered and your in control of your picking! You are NOT picking from the Elbow. Avoiding that bad habit is key to progressing. In short you KILLED IT!! Nicely done on your lesson Revision Video as well!!

This is a complex but of playing and you RIPPED IT UP!!! You just..

LEVLED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 3 2020, 05:44 AM) *
Now I can join the fight by now. My form is very constant. Last week I started practice at 150. Now I start at 190 without loosing synch. I know its a bit fuzzy and hardly drifting but im falling in a calm dream wrapped in blessed smoke. My head is clear. I think thats the feeling of a virtuoso. But its might not enough to play like a virtuoso. 🥳

g major c major f major triads

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:40 AM