Shame
Bossie
May 6 2012, 09:05 PM
GMC:er
today i saw a great band performing on an american car meeting...they really rocked and played lots of great classics;
Unfortunately the crowd didn't even bother to applause or react in any way ....i felt really ashamed in their place!!

Guess they we're too busy with their burgers and stuff.....couldn't believe it and i never saw this before .. huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bossie: May 6 2012, 09:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dinaga
May 6 2012, 09:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
You know what they need? They need... a Dickinson biggrin.gif

He always knew to solve these problems in his own way smile.gif Breaking the 4th wall in style xD

There is also one more topic-related Dickinson "incident" but I can't seem to find it on YouTube. Anyhow, he got angry because the crowd in the first rows were those VIP people who don't actually care for the music and just sit there motionlessly and watch the show without passion. I remember listening to .mp3 a long time ago where he called on them by saying "they just sit there eating hot dogs" (he said that with some swears included, of course) biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dinaga: May 6 2012, 09:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 7 2012, 08:04 AM
Instructor
I don't know if I am allowed to post the link here, so I will just hint you guys to look for it on youtube - it's about Dave Grohl, breaking up a fight during a Foo Fighters show and getting the 'firestarter' kicked out of the audience biggrin.gif

@Bossie - well, in Romania it happens ALL THE TIME! It's just that the burgers are being called 'mici' and they are some sort of grilled meatballs smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 7 2012, 08:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ May 6 2012, 09:41 PM) *
You know what they need? They need... a Dickinson biggrin.gif

He always knew to solve these problems in his own way smile.gif Breaking the 4th wall in style xD

Oh yeah, I saw this a long time ago. I'd hate to be one of those guys that gets told off by a band onstage ! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Bossie @ May 6 2012, 09:05 PM) *
today i saw a great band performing on an american car meeting...they really rocked and played lots of great classics;
Unfortunately the crowd didn't even bother to applause or react in any way ....i felt really ashamed in their place!!

Guess they we're too busy with their burgers and stuff.....couldn't believe it and i never saw this before .. huh.gif

I guess nothing gets in the way of people feeding their fat faces ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 7 2012, 05:26 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Been there with my former band as well...usually at the beginning of a show when people still hold on tight to their beers. Luckily, they always loosened up after one or two hours and they would rock with us biggrin.gif Sometimes our singer would say: "Applause is the artists bread...and look how thin we all are!" This usually broke the ice biggrin.gif
I remember sitting in a restaurant at a vacation in the caribbean with my ex and a band started walking around and playing. No one bothered to applaud but the two of us laugh.gif Needless to say these three guys from the band came to our table every evening, asking us what songs we wanted to hear and tought us some spanish. The weird thing was, other people would give them huge tips, while we would only pay very little (like a dollar every evening)...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 7 2012, 07:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 7 2012, 05:26 PM) *
The weird thing was, other people would give them huge tips, while we would only pay very little (like a dollar every evening)...

Well, you've got to hold on to your money. It's not cheap being an international playboy ! wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:00 PM