Ibanez 570dxqm - Purchase , Upgrade
SteveGuitar
Aug 6 2013, 05:25 PM
GMC:er
Hey, I already posted this in the practice Room section, but I just realised that it actually belongs here:

Greetings GMC Folks,

I am looking forward to buying an Ibanez S570DXQM - BBB. Reason why I want this guitar is that I went to the Ibanez Rack where the Jems and other Guitars were hanging and not even looking at the Price, I took it directly to the testing room. I was amazed that such a thin Body had such sustain and the sound was just awesome (tried on a Hughes and Kettner Amp, think it's a 400$ Amp). Then I looked at the Price which was about like... 620$. I expected way more ohmy.gif . Well the moment I had it in my Hand it was just great , it plays well , it feels nice, the cutaway is awesome, i couldnt find anything that I could call bad on this Guitar (except that it is REALLY thin and sometimes feels kind of strange because it's so light weight) wink.gif

Well now to the Pickups cool.gif . The Stock Pickups aren't that great for some Styles of Music I play. For Example the Blues . They get kind of Fuzzy and somehow sound dirty and too fuzzed. I've tried playing on other Amps (always trying out new settings) but the same thing until I switch to other Guitars with "quality" Pickups. That's why I'd like to swap the infinity Pickups to a custom configuration [HSH system]. I talked with a cool guy at my local Music Store and read in the Forums, tried a few "live", and I really like DiMarzio Pickups. Ithought about an Evo 2 in Bridge Position, and a PAF Joe in Neck. Now I have no Idea what Pickup I would put in the middle, single coil format position. Anybody an Idea of what I can put in there? rolleyes.gif And then a more important question: Does Anyone own this Guitar and might want to warn me of some bad Features, because suprisingly I have only heard good things about the Guitar itself. dry.gif Has anybody got experience with changing Pickups on that Guitar?

Another Thing: I was thinking about scalloping the 21st - 24th fret. I like the accessbility when it's a bit easier to do clean bends and vibrato on those . Good Idea ? Bad Idea?

Well Forum , do your Magic, thank you in Advance laugh.gif

Post Scriptum: Excuse my English , I'm from Germany laugh.gif dry.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:51 AM