The Complaint Thread
mattacuk
Dec 14 2007, 01:14 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 14 2007, 12:11 PM) *
I was devasted and went to bed with the `ump (sorta) laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif Yes I was there the first time around, unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 14 2007, 06:23 PM
GMC:er
My compliant is that this PC build I tried to do whent horribly wrong!!! Now I have to go about it another much longer way and all my work I put in is for nothing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 14 2007, 09:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gerald @ Dec 14 2007, 06:23 PM) *
My compliant is that this PC build I tried to do whent horribly wrong!!! Now I have to go about it another much longer way and all my work I put in is for nothing!

What went wrong? What components did you put in?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 14 2007, 10:20 PM
Well basically to make a long story short - I'm trying to take a Ghost image of a desktop and tweak it to work on a laptop. The FRUSTRATING part is that it's blue screening when I'm trying to boot up the laptop in XP and none of the administrator passwords we have is working to access the hard drive to run the recovery console. So I can't even run a chkdisk /F or anything!!! I've even gone as far as chaning the administrator password for the local account on the desktop drive, reimaged and it still does the same thing!

So now I have to rebuild it from scratch, which is what I was orginally going to do, but the sad part is that I have to deal with all the specially licensed software and I cannot install it without new cd keys from the vendors.

/rant

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 14 2007, 10:31 PM
Instructor
Maaaan, licenses can really be pain in the a**.... i'm so sorry - i know what computer issues can do to you - makes you want to shoot yourself sad.gif sad.gif

Good luck m8! Hope you solve the thing soon!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 14 2007, 10:33 PM
Moderation Policy Director
That sounds fraught with peril!

Ghost image will have all of the wrong device drivers etc - you might get away with it but I would doubt it. Plus you will have to reactivate your copy of XP and any software that is hardware locked will need to be re-registered sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 14 2007, 10:44 PM
I've done it before on 2 other ones. It's for my work and we have a universal image that is "supposed" to have all the drivers. What appears to be happening is that the image that is on this PC is a version prior to ones I was working with before. I even went in and reimaged a 3rd time after I went into device manager and ripped out the components to see if I could make it work.

It's a pretty dirty way of doing it, but it would save us a lot of trouble reinstalling these programs. And of course they want these laptops done like yesterday and they just packed 3 more on us! The other thing that sucks is I was orginally going to build all three of the laptops I'm working on from scratch and do it the long way, but because they want the rush on these I was asked to do it this other way with Ghost. So I just wasted like a day and a half worth of work!

This post has been edited by Gerald: Dec 14 2007, 10:46 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 14 2007, 10:55 PM
Ugh! That sucks sad.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ayen
Dec 15 2007, 09:51 AM
18,000 honor (roughly one or two thousand kills) is way too much for one dagger, and Malchazaar wont drop my freaking dagger!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 15 2007, 10:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ayen @ Dec 15 2007, 09:51 AM) *
18,000 honor (roughly one or two thousand kills) is way too much for one dagger, and Malchazaar wont drop my freaking dagger!

huh.gif playing WoW again? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 16 2007, 06:44 PM
So this sucks ...

For my new studio I needed a new monitor as I now have a separate room for my office. I go to BestBuy and get a nice 28" beast of a monitor. I get it home, and one of the pixels is dead, and the thing keeps making a sparking noise and cutting out on me ...

(This isn't the really sucky bit yet ... read on ...)

I take it back to BestBuy yesterday and they replace it with no Quibbles - nice lady at the returns desk made it an amusing episode ... fair enough. While I am there for the second time I decide that I can't continue my life without a 50" plasma screen. Surprisingly my wife agrees ...

Now we choose the perfect model, its in stock, and the nice man puts it in our car and we go home. Earlier that day we had to remove 2 inches of ice from our entire driveway so we are already exhausted. My wife is 5'2" - despite that we somehow together wrestle it out of the car and up the basement steps into the den, we are on the verge of collapse. This thing weighs 250 pounds.

Happy that my labors are over I unpack it, only to find a HUGE scratch on the screen mad.gif

Further inspection reveals that this must have been a return that they just sent out again - the packaging isn't complete, the scratch has finger marks around it as if it has been rubbed. Damn you Best Buy you should have inspected it if it was a customer return!

Determined that we would have a day of rest today (Sunday) we decided that our only course of action was to go back to Best Buy there and then and get a replacement. Sooo, we lifted the damn (250lb) thing all the way down the cellar steps, into the back of the car, and drove back to Best Buy to return it.

The pleasant returns lady was pleased to see us - we were old friends by then blink.gif

She calls the warehouse guy on her radio to get another one. None in stock. Aaarrggh! Why not? Apparently that Best Buy doesn;t carry that particular TV as a stock item, its for order only, depsite the fact that we saw one on the display floor, AND they gave us one when we asked for it. So the one we got MUST have been a customer return, and from a completely different store as well (the gits who scratched it obviously didn't dare take it back to the store they bought it from!)

We got out money back and went to Circuit city, got an identical one and yes, we hauled the damn 250lb thing up the stairs again.

Finally though, this one is perfect and is amazing, so it all ended well. The 28" monitor is also ok.

But it snowed again today and we had to move it all aside so I can get to work in the morning so I am now fit for nothing again ....

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 16 2007, 06:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Sorry but LMAO but i shouldnt be sorry andrew

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 16 2007, 06:51 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Dec 16 2007, 12:48 PM) *
Sorry but LMAO but i shouldnt be sorry andrew

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

biggrin.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 16 2007, 07:12 PM
Instructor
You know guys, reading your posts here i understand that it's not only my country that is screwed up but it's just how the world works. Thanks for the complaints - makes some things a lot clearer to me wink.gif

Andrew: sorry about that man....paying that much, you sure expect it to be perfect, and than you get home and find out that it's a return sad.gif sad.gif No comments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 16 2007, 11:01 PM
My life fu**ing sucks, I have so many damn problems and I don't know what to do anymore. I am so depressed. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 16 2007, 11:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Dec 16 2007, 11:01 PM) *
My life fu**ing sucks, I have so many damn problems and I don't know what to do anymore. I am so depressed. sad.gif

Your life rocks! smile.gif Imagine those with no house, no family, no parents, no money...they are still surviving! And you are even a member of GMC wink.gif So - you see? Your life ROCKS! smile.gif

I always think about things like those when i am in bad mood for days and it helps wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 16 2007, 11:13 PM
aaaargh bad rsi again playing up...

all this info about it makes me worry - Kris not playing for 6 month etc, I was doing so well too, I dont even want to lay guitar down for yet another week...

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 16 2007, 11:15 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 16 2007, 05:09 PM) *
Your life rocks! smile.gif Imagine those with no house, no family, no parents, no money...they are still surviving! And you are even a member of GMC wink.gif So - you see? Your life ROCKS! smile.gif
I always think about things like those when i am in bad mood for days and it helps wink.gif

That is true but I have so many problems.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 16 2007, 11:23 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Dec 16 2007, 10:01 PM) *

The key is to talk to your friends & family if you can about your problems m8, take it from someone that has been through counselling (as have many others) because life was "that bad" (or so it seemed), my life now and has done for many years totally changed 200% for the better, if ever I feel down now I look back on that time in my life and feel glad that I turned it around to what I have now.
As Pavel says life is not as tough as it may seem once you get things into perspective with a little help, talk to people, dont bottle it up, its the worst thing you can do. You only get one shot at this m8 so enjoy it as much as possible where ever and whenever you can wink.gif chin up smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 17 2007, 12:07 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The Damned Geth do not want to die on "Insanity" whatsoever!! and they keep overheating my Assault Rifle and then bum-rushing me and rifle-butting me to the ground, then shooting me in the ass with a rocket!!!

Well thats my complaint for the day....

+Quote Post

56 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 34 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:13 PM