Low Action On The G String
Marell
Nov 5 2010, 12:11 AM
GMC:er
Hi, I have a Jackson Dinkey D2T2 and it was working perfectly fine till today. I've put on a new set of strings and the G string is very low compared to the rest and it hits the frets. I've tried to change the neck but it doesn't work, just makes the other strings go very high and hard to play. Can you help me? mellow.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 5 2010, 12:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
Are you sure it is sitting right on the saddle and in the nut?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 5 2010, 02:17 AM
Zakk has a great point here. The way a string sits in the saddle can drastically impact it's position. Also, if your saddle has risers (little allan screws) make sure they are properly elevated. You may need to take it to a pro to have it set up.

Todd

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 5 2010, 06:20 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I had the same problem with my guitar since I bought and and started playing it .. well only after 2 years I bought.. I never cared about it since it would buzz without connecting it to anything but won't buzz if I connect it to my computer/GNX4 back then. It was too much and later the 2nd string also started to buzz. I just found out probably a month back when my intonation was becoming a serious issue and I was fixing it DIY.

And when I opened the neck locks, I found that the string had really cut through the metal than other strings. I kept a piece of hard paper instead of buying a new neck piece and strangely it stopped buzzing and it plays so well now. smile.gif Perhaps, yours is a similar issue. If it has locking nuts, check the metal by removing the lock and string. If you have fixed one like in Les Paul, the cut might have gone deeper so you might want to try experimenting with it, adding a piece of paper or changing it altogether.

Hope that helps!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Marell
Nov 6 2010, 08:28 PM
Thank you guys. I've checked my neck and i need to install a new one (already ordered). Thanks again for help. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
stratman79
Nov 6 2010, 10:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
A new neck?? you mean nut surely?? A new neck seems a little drastic!!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Nov 7 2010, 07:11 PM
Instructor
yeah.. a new neck ohmy.gif?

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 12 2010, 12:17 AM
Instructor
You tried to change the neck? What exactly do you mean?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:22 PM