> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Socky42's Music Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2016, 08:48 PM
Instructor
Wou!! It's starts really cool! I like it! What software are you using to record it? Maybe we both can have the full project.

That Djent track is killer, it has blown my mind. The rhythms, and the production are superb! It's a cool reference for this one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 8 2016, 10:10 PM
GMC:er
I'm using Logic Pro X for the project, but I can just bounce out stems and midi files so you at least have the outline of the project when I'm done with the rough arrangement, should be able to get the first half to you Thursday/Friday for you to start writing and recording some parts.

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/doomintrotest/s-lmAMN

So for the collab part of it, we can do all the rhythm parts together, e.g 0:28 you'll play the full main riff and I'll slowly come in with the staccato riff and there's some harmonies in the riff later on.

I've left gaps at 0:45, 0:53 etc. they're the fast little licks in the original song; was thinking maybe you could write those fills.

Don't want to change the original song too much since it's such an iconic track, but once we transition into the 'newer' half, we can start experimenting with riff ideas.

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/bridgetransition/s-bP6Ei - Kinda what the transition will sound like, automated the tempo to slowly go down. I'll find some other drum samples to use once we start working on that part.

Might try and find a bass player to collab with too instead of using midi all the time.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2016, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Your version made me smile of happiness. biggrin.gif I love it, the riffs with staccato sound SO aggressive, I love it.

I'll write the parts that you suggested off course. I'll be on tour from Friday to Sunday, so you can use the weekend to continue polishing the arrangement and send me everything on Sunday night, or Monday.

Getting a real bass player is a great idea! Do you have anyone in mind?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 9 2016, 05:30 PM
I know a couple of other guys on youtube that play bass but I'll wait till after I finish arranging till asking, no point getting a real bass if I'm just gonna bury it in a busy mix later. laugh.gif

There's a video of Mick Gordon, who wrote the new soundtrack, talking about how he modernized the original track at around 1:00. Gonna do more experimenting with the 4 main notes of the riff. Then in that section you could write some dissonant reverb-heavy stuff to compliment it.

edit: I think I'm done with arranging, https://soundcloud.com/socky42/doomtestarrange/s-XgCn8

Added some sound effects from the game to give it a bit more character and trying out some subtle synths in the back for a more chaotic feel. I think 3 minute is long enough.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jun 10 2016, 09:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2016, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky, great stuff! I'm here on tour with my band. I could do some preview of the arrangement and I can say that this is very promising. I'll be able to analyse it better as soon as I get back home. That vid also looks totally interesting, I'll watch it complete too.

Thanks mate!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 11 2016, 03:22 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 12 2016, 11:57 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3287032...bDoomCollab.zip

Here you go man, the files for the collab. Hopefully you can open the MIDI file, you can record all the parts on there; double tracked DI would be best, I can layer it onto mine for a beefy quad track in the final mix. I left the little licks in the MIDI but write whatever you want of course.

And you're playing whatever harmony I didn't play at
1:29 to 2:03. I can't check right now. laugh.gif

The glitchy end part you can leave out. I'm gonna be chopping that up anyway.

150BPM for slower parts and 220BPM for the faster, original part.

And a video in 720p but you can record that separately later.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jun 13 2016, 12:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2016, 12:31 AM
Instructor
Awesome!! Thanks a lot!! I'm now dowloading this one. I'll will mount the project tomorrow and be back with news. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 13 2016, 01:09 PM
Cool lemme know if there are any problems, I'll keep working on the mix.
You don't need to play the slow-down riff part if it's too much trouble. Ended up just splicing together different takes to get it right. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2016, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Project mounted and everything working great! I'll start trying things tonight. I have to re-check where and what I'll play. If you have some minutes please summarize your ideas in a new post to be sure that I work on everything.

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 14 2016, 09:54 PM
I messed up some bass notes in the version I sent you but that's not too big of a deal; the MIDI guitar notes are 100% correct though. I only have 136 bars so I'll go by time instead. laugh.gif

Rhythm

You're doing the intro chugs from 0:09 to 0:28.

Then only do Rhythm C from 0:28 to 0:45.

Next Rhythm L and R from 0:45 to 1:19 - This is exactly the same as what I've played already.

At 1:21 to 1:28 you only do Rhythm C again.

From 1:29 to 2:03 you're playing the higher rhythm harmony, should be able to see the notes in the Rhythm R midi file but you can do whatever you think sounds good.

Then 2:34 to 2:49; it's just the original riff but slower.

Leads
The one bar lead fills at 0:45, 0:53, 1:02, 1:19, 1:28, 1:37, 1:46, 2:03. You don't have to write 8 separate ones, pretty sure in the original they repeat anyway but it's up to you.

And anywhere from 2:15 to the end you can try experiment with some ambient sounds; maybe some distorted/heavy reverb stuff. You can also just leave it blank if you think it'll be too messy then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2016, 04:11 PM
Instructor
Excellent! Thanks Socky! Unfortunately the monitor of my studio computer is dead. I'll try this stuff on my laptop until I get a new one which should happen at the end of this week.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 15 2016, 07:30 PM
Alright can't wait to hear it!

The audio doesn't all need to be in one take btw, you can do it section by section, overdub leads separately etc. Then just combine takes into a "Rhythm L DI", "Rhythm R DI" and any other tracks you do.

Neither does the video, I do a lot of cuts in my videos to keep it interesting anyway. You can combine all separate videos into one then I can cut around it with my own footage.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jun 15 2016, 07:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 18 2016, 07:50 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3287032...mTest2Synth.mp3

Here's what I've got with the mix so far, redid my kick and snare sound so they cut through the mix a bit more and added a glitchy synth to the bridge part at 2:21.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2016, 06:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jun 18 2016, 03:50 PM) *
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3287032...mTest2Synth.mp3

Here's what I've got with the mix so far, redid my kick and snare sound so they cut through the mix a bit more and added a glitchy synth to the bridge part at 2:21.

wooooooou!! This is one of the most amazing tracks I've ever heard man!! It's totally killer. And the mix sounds GREAT in my dynaudio monitors!! You'll receive news from me soon. biggrin.gif

The bridge part appearing in the end is fantastic.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 21 2016, 07:53 PM
Haha thanks man! Picked up a lot of awesome mixing tips from a youtube channel called Death Culture Metal Production! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDQXwwTIpY

Gonna see if I can incorporate some subtle synths into the older theme without making the arrangement too busy to differentiate it from the original a bit more.

Started editing the video just to save some time later, there wouldn't be any footage in the bass-only part so I found some footage of the games loading screen to glitch into. laugh.gif

Think you'll be able to get it done by the end of this week/early next?

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jun 21 2016, 08:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2016, 08:30 PM
Instructor
Cool! Thanks for the link! I'll definitely check those production tips.

I think that I can have it among those days that you've said.

Is your video shot with the black background? I can do the same thing to make it look similar, or I can try any other thing like the roof of the building where I live...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 21 2016, 08:37 PM
Yeah I've shot with a black background, but do it from the roof, that'd look awesome! And I think it'll be more interesting for people watching to have some contrast.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2016, 10:58 PM
Instructor
Hi Socky,

Here you can download my audio files: http://tinyurl.com/jzsouby

I've recorded 3 options of the lead fills. You can use all of them or you can choose one and repeat it. I think that I'll record my video by this Friday so please let me know how you organize the fills.

Check my files and let me know if everything is ok, and if I missed anything.

There is an extra wav file without amp simulator, in the case you prefer to use the same amp that used for your takes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 23 2016, 01:22 PM
Awesome job man!

I've just rendered a quick video guide for you, still need to mix it properly. I've used each lick, then only repeated the first one before the slowdown part. Then I'll just get some more transition hits like at 0:45 to fill out some of the blanks.

Does the transition at 0:45 sound too sudden?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3287032...mVideoGuide.mp3

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2016, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Cool!! I love it! Everything sounds great mate! That transition at 00:45 sounds very good. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:45 PM