> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

29 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Pavelducati's Start Line
pavelducati
Jul 17 2013, 03:57 PM
GMC:er
I got it.
I understood how to record video in iMovie with background track

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtvbe84i8bc0d75/d...%20arpeggio.mp4

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jul 17 2013, 06:09 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2013, 12:35 PM
Instructor
Oh yes! Finally, I get to see what the mechanics behind your playing look like smile.gif

Mate - I would totally suggest a very important change in your left hand approach - please keep your thumb behind the neck, not over it - it's physics that tell us, that in order for the fretboard fingers to have strength, they need support from the thumb. So please experiment a bit with the thumb behind the neck and feel the strength it will provide for the fretting fingers. And also, practice at a slower tempo and focus on moving your fretting fingers as little as possible away from the fretboard, ok?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jul 19 2013, 07:35 AM
Hi,Cosmin.
I tried to keep my thumb behind the neck.
It was a little inconvenient firstly.
I had begun to play very slowly near 50% and than step by step I increased my speed to 80%.
I had played in 100 % speed but I am not sure that these attempts can be seen.
So this is that I did for the present

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yyed3j4m6t3ggh/d...gio%2080%25.m4v

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 19 2013, 11:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (pavelducati @ Jul 19 2013, 06:35 AM) *
Hi,Cosmin.
I tried to keep my thumb behind the neck.
It was a little inconvenient firstly.
I had begun to play very slowly near 50% and than step by step I increased my speed to 80%.
I had played in 100 % speed but I am not sure that these attempts can be seen.
So this is that I did for the present

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yyed3j4m6t3ggh/d...gio%2080%25.m4v

Heheheee - mate I noticed why your thumb still looks weird - look at the video ans observe how your left hand wrist is at the back of your guitar neck while playing, can you pleas bring it to the front? The mechanics of the body will automatically bring the thumb behind the neck, thus creating MUCH more comfort and reach for your fingers and left hand in general!

If you have trouble with this position tell me and I will make a video so that I can emphasize on the position shift, ok?

This is a very good example - please examine the left hand wrist position, ok? First pic - this is how you are doing it now and in the second pic, I've demonstrated how to bring your wrist forward.

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 19 2013, 11:35 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jul 22 2013, 04:44 PM
Hi,Cosmin.

I got it, thank you but when I play it is not so easy to control it.
I am sure it will come.
I spent all my weekend to improve my playing.
I have played on a very slow speed many times but I am not
satisfied in my progress.
I think I have to spend more time for playing.
Anyway today I still can only on this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/stjqapmm96phrys/d...peggio%2090.m4v

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2013, 11:35 AM
Instructor
Hey there amigo!

Much better - left hand stance problemmo solved! wink.gif

Now, you should be focusing on synchronization - work slow and focus on playing each note as clean as possible and observing how your hands - left and right - are in synch - deal? You need time to adjust to the stance change that happened with your left hand and also, please move your right hand less, as well as your left hand. Speed comes along as you learn how to minimize your movements - deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jul 26 2013, 11:56 AM
Hi,Cosmin.
The last two days I moved to a new apartment.
It was a little hard.
But now I have a place for training.
Eventually I will make here repair and it will be my Home Stodio I hope.
Anyway I didn't forget to find a time for training.
This is my next attempt.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vrkdhttd5q7vs5/D...%2095%25%20.m4v

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2013, 07:54 AM
Instructor
Hey Pavel! You are living in a loft now, how cool - me too! biggrin.gif

Mate, while looking at your videos I have discovered yet another thing smile.gif your right hand and arm are being hindered by the fact that you hold your guitar on your right foot - would you please record your next video while holding your guitar on your left foot?

Timing is better now, but you are still choking notes due to the fact that your hands are out of synch - the speed is still too much at this point. But if you switch on the other foot, your right hand will thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jul 28 2013, 03:47 PM
Hi,Cosmin.
Yes,I like to live in a loft and now I can play without headphone
but I have no an AMP for the present.

Well,about my playing.
I saw that many people hold a guitar on the right foot.
And you too.
I tried to hold the guitar on the left foot
and I think that it is more convenient.
I hope tomorrow I will record on 100 % speed.

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jul 29 2013, 10:34 AM
Hi,Cosmin.
This is my today attempt.
The guitar is on the left foot as you say.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/htxz7osd7ynvfgt/d...%20arpeggio.m4v

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2013, 10:49 AM
Instructor
Hey again man! smile.gif For me, it's a contextual thing - there are two possibilities here:

1) If I sing and play, I will usually hold the guitar as you do, on the right foot - it enables me to see the neck better and hold my head forward to sing into the microphone. Or, If I perform simpler things, it is more relaxing

2) When I perform things that are far more complicated, I will always, without any exception, hold my guitar on the left foot in the classical position.

I strongly suggest that you try the left foot approach - your hands will thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2013, 12:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (pavelducati @ Jul 29 2013, 09:34 AM) *
Hi,Cosmin.
This is my today attempt.
The guitar is on the left foot as you say.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/htxz7osd7ynvfgt/d...%20arpeggio.m4v

Definitely looking more relaxed and natural! Still, it is too fast for this stage in your evolution - I would recommend working on a new one in parallel, which should be a little easier, what do you think?

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jul 29 2013, 01:09 PM
Thank you for your explanation.
I will follow it always.
About a new exercise,it is a good
idea,with a pleasure.
Especially since I'm a little upset due to the fact that
I can not afford this exercise.

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jul 29 2013, 01:15 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 30 2013, 07:45 AM
Instructor
Hey man, take it easy, no frustrations, ok? When I gave you this exercise, I did it because I wanted you to get acquainted with the concept - I was not expecting you to play it at full speed on such a short notice, so no worries ok? Keep working on it at a slower speed and it will get there in time, I promise.

In the mean time, how about this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Inside-Outside-Picking/

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jul 30 2013, 06:27 PM
Hi,Cosmin.
I trust you and know you are a Master of music.
And more than that you are a very good teacher.
Not every professional can teach. Ability to teach is a gift.

I tried the last exercise.It looks simple, but only at the first sight.
I will sharpen.

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2013, 07:38 AM
Instructor
Thanks for your nice thoughts once again, man!

As long as you don't rush headlong into anything, you will always have the right attitude and prepare yourself properly. I am looking forward to a first recording smile.gif Keep in mind everything I have suggested so far, because it is valid in 95% of the cases.

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Aug 1 2013, 02:01 PM
Hi,Cosmin.
I have played the exercises in a slow temp many times.
During the break I recorded the exercise which I played relatively easily.
I posted it before but now it sounds a little better.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8b8v2q18n081n4q/sum%2041%207.m4a

So I recorded my last attempt of drop d arpeggio lesson in the 100 % speed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zho4f282rvg8dow/d...eggio%20100.m4a

Tomorrow I will record the picking lesson(video)

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Aug 1 2013, 04:47 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2013, 09:44 AM
Instructor
Hey there mate!

Great rendition of the Sum 41 drill - you only choked a note around 0:40, aside that the playing seems to be in good timing. Now, the things you could work on, is making the general feel of the whole lesson sound more fluid and the lead tone - it has a bit too many high frequencies - what do you use for it?

Regarding the scale/arpeggio exercise - the timing seems ok, but there are still plenty of notes which are being choked there - you need to practice this one slower. I would still like to hear a slow recording in which I can be sure that you can play everything 100% clean and in perfect timing - deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Aug 2 2013, 10:02 AM
Hi,Cosmin.
Ok, I will record video(arpeggio) as you said.

It is my video(inside picking).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ukiju1tisd5tyu/p...D0%BE%D0%B9.m4v

It is like the phrase from my exercise which I am not able to fulfill at the present time.
I understand how interesting you are leading my to my goal.
It is really nice.
Thank you.

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Aug 2 2013, 11:22 AM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 3 2013, 08:40 AM
Instructor
Hello my friend tongue.gif Yes, you got that right, I was trying to give you something to work on, in order to help you achieve better results with the other one biggrin.gif

Now, what I would like you to do, is to switch of the distortion and record this one once again with a clean tone - notice that the inside picked notes are barely audible, due to the high amount of distortion and the fact that you are not picking them as defined as you should. Using a clean tone will help you achieve more definition in your playing, so let's try it like that. I want you to make EACH and EVERY note count, ok? I want to hear all of the notes smile.gif

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:22 PM