> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

45 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Cael's Composition Workouts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 30 2015, 02:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 29 2015, 11:18 AM) *
They had a violinist, guitarist, bassist, drummer, keyboard player and a guy on vocals/clarinet smile.gif

I'm really struggling with some things in Lost in Dreams, and I'm not sure what the best way of learning them is.

Any example of the problems?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 30 2015, 07:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 30 2015, 03:44 PM) *
Any example of the problems?

I'll try and make a video by tomorrow smile.gif Just got home from a 30 kilometers bicycle ride and need to do some other things now. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2015, 03:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 30 2015, 03:36 PM) *
I'll try and make a video by tomorrow smile.gif Just got home from a 30 kilometers bicycle ride and need to do some other things now. smile.gif

Ok mate. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 31 2015, 12:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gabriel,

Sorry for suddenly disappearing from the forum. Time goes by so quickly, and now I'm starting university tomorrow, having classes from 8.15 to 16.15 most days, so I'm not sure how much energy I have for guitar or anything else, but we'll see. Maybe it'll help me get into more of a rythm, and in this way I may need to say to myself: "I can only play guitar from 8 til 9" or something similar, so I need to make the most of it and do some consistent actual practice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2015, 06:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Cael, thanks for your update. Yes, I think that this can be a way to do a wiser use of your time. Don't think that playing 1 hour every day is too little, it's ok if you use it to practice focused based on a good guitar routine. I can help you to create it, and also to find a way to let me monitor it without wasting time on video recording and editing...

At first, we should set some new goals. Anything in mind?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 31 2015, 07:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 31 2015, 07:15 PM) *
Hi Cael, thanks for your update. Yes, I think that this can be a way to do a wiser use of your time. Don't think that playing 1 hour every day is too little, it's ok if you use it to practice focused based on a good guitar routine. I can help you to create it, and also to find a way to let me monitor it without wasting time on video recording and editing...

At first, we should set some new goals. Anything in mind?

I'm just gonna brainstorm a bit here:

I'd still like to focus on actually creating and writing music, but also work on my technique. I find it kind of difficult to focus and keep focusing on longer lessons at GMC, so I prefer smaller exercises at first to keep me focused, if that makes sense. I know you have some sort of technique course/lessons on the forum (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=42832). I don't know if you still use it, but I think that would be something to help me stay focused on say technique, if I only have one small exercise to focus on for a set amount of minutes. But I also see the benefits of practicing longer actual GMC lessons though, I just tend to lose focus/drive with them at times.

I don't know yet how much time I will have on my hands though, but I really want to practice some guitar as well, and it's important to have some time away from uni work I feel, so maybe I will say that every day from 9 till 10 I will practice guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 1 2015, 04:26 AM
Instructor
Hi Cael, this is a good plan.

I can continue your brainstorming with...

we can start with my technique exercises (I still give it to my students and practice them every day) for some weeks, and once you mastered the whole ITC, we can also build exercises from licks that you like. For example, you can take a passage from one of those djent bands that you like and use it as a technique exercise, in order to keep on polishing your technique but also incorporating new ideas. This requires some research time but I'm sure that you have identified many great licks there. It's time to save them on different folders labeled with the different techniques.

As you'll have 1 hour for practicing, you can dedicate 30 minutes to technique and 30 minutes to composing. I know that it can seem to little time, but you have to see progress and goals weekly, and monthly.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 1 2015, 02:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like it! Sounds like a good plan smile.gif I think I will dedicate 1 hour to concentrated practice a day. That should do me a world of good. Can you help me make a plan/schedule? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2015, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Sure, let's keep on brainstorming. This is a first idea:

WEEK #1:

Monday:

Technique Practice:

Warming up & endurance exercises: LINK (15 minutes)

Alternate Picking - Crossing strings I: LINK (15 minutes)

Composing work:

Dedicate 30 minutes to record a new idea. Don't worry on how great it is. The idea is to keep on creating so trust on your ideas even if you are not totally impressed at first. The experience give practice, and you need to practice composing. Don't try to compose a masterpiece, try to compose songs, good ones, bad ones, the masterpiece will appear magically, and the more you compose, the more possibilities to get a masterpiece in the near future you have.

Please continue writing a program based on this one for the other 6 days of the week. You can choose exercises from HERE. During this first week I would keep the same method for the composing time, and also would keep the warming up and endurance exercises every day.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 2 2015, 06:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Starting today, Wednesday, I'll do your plan for today. I will try and create a weekly plan later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2015, 06:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 2 2015, 02:05 PM) *
Starting today, Wednesday, I'll do your plan for today. I will try and create a weekly plan later.

Great! Then tell me how it goes.

About the technique practice. You can push the record bottom on Cubase or Repaer and then share a 128 kb mp3 here with your diary practice. Just if you want to share your progress. If not, some comments would be ok.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 2 2015, 07:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 2 2015, 07:40 PM) *
Great! Then tell me how it goes.

About the technique practice. You can push the record bottom on Cubase or Repaer and then share a 128 kb mp3 here with your diary practice. Just if you want to share your progress. If not, some comments would be ok.

I will see what I can do. Maybe it won't be necesary to record all 15 minutes of practicing one example, maybe just say the last minute so you can see/hear how it goes? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2015, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 2 2015, 03:33 PM) *
I will see what I can do. Maybe it won't be necesary to record all 15 minutes of practicing one example, maybe just say the last minute so you can see/hear how it goes? smile.gif

There is no necessity of audio for me unless you want me to check something. Just keep me informed and let's update the program to keep this flowing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 3 2015, 04:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 3 2015, 03:25 PM) *
There is no necessity of audio for me unless you want me to check something. Just keep me informed and let's update the program to keep this flowing.

I've signed up for a pubcrawl event at my university for new students tonight, so I won't be able to practice tonight. mad.gif Only just got home 5 minutes ago and have to leave in 5 minutes.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 3 2015, 04:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2015, 02:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 3 2015, 12:21 PM) *
I've signed up for a pubcrawl event at my university for new students tonight, so I won't be able to practice tonight. mad.gif Only just got home 5 minutes ago and have to leave in 5 minutes.

hahaha ok, what about tonight?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 4 2015, 02:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 4 2015, 03:10 PM) *
hahaha ok, what about tonight?

Tonight I will try and put in two hours! smile.gif

Do you have a suggestion to what to practice?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2015, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Awesome! Repeat the same routine but add 30 minutes to composition and two extra blocks of technique:

Alternate Picking - Crossing strings II: LINK (15 minutes)

Legato - Patterns & Sequences: LINK (15 minutes)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 4 2015, 03:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you, Gabriel smile.gif I will do so and tell you how it went smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2015, 03:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 4 2015, 11:05 AM) *
Thank you, Gabriel smile.gif I will do so and tell you how it went smile.gif

Great!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 6 2015, 01:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gabriel, I think one hour is my maximum for now. After that I start to lose focus, even if I'm just doing the composing part of the practice schedule. So the other night I practiced technique, and yesterday I did some warm ups and worked on trying to come up with some new riffs and ideas. Today I will do some of both again, half an hour of technique, half an hour of composing. Maybe more if my concentration and focus allows it. I also wanna join Kristofer's chat session. Looking forward to that.

Then I also have tons of homework to do and I have to fix my bicycle as well...

--------------------

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:22 PM