Counting Crows - August And Everything After, It's been 20 years since it was released!
PosterBoy
Oct 1 2013, 02:41 PM
Learning Roadie
This album stayed in my Cd player for 6 months, to say it was a huge influence on me is an understatement, I was already into Americana and in a country rock type band, but this was an album that blew me away and was exactly the band I wanted to be in, rootsy, emotional etc

They didn't have as much of a chart presence in the UK as the US, so still had a cool factor to them.

Whilst later albums of theirs didn't have such an impact on me, there are still many standout track.

One of my favourite all time bands

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
audiopaal
Oct 1 2013, 10:11 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Amazing album from a great band. I have every album they've released actually.
20 years ago, huh.. Makes me feel old laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 1 2013, 11:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
really?? 20 years ohmy.gif
I remember getting this album because Mr Jones was such an amazing song. Also 'the rain king', that kinda blew me away when I first heard it.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 2 2013, 08:55 AM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome band! I've got a few songs from each of their albums, and they are very nice. Did you guys know that the guitarist was taught by Joe Satriani?

Here's a character they remind me of laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 3 2013, 09:53 AM
Learning Roadie
I didn't know that Taka, it just shows Joe taught many students of all genres, not just the metal and rock shredders.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 3 2013, 11:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 3 2013, 06:53 PM) *
I didn't know that Taka, it just shows Joe taught many students of all genres, not just the metal and rock shredders.

Yes, apart from him, Vai, and Hammet, he also taught Primus' guitarist! smile.gif Seems like Satch began teaching early, I mean he is quite similar in age to Steve Vai, yet one is the student and the other is the teacher biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:17 AM