5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
I'm So Depressed And Now I'm In Tears., Please help me
Pavel
Feb 26 2008, 10:42 AM
Instructor
Man, take it easy - don't sell your guitars! Just let the guitar off for a week, don't play it at all. In a week you'll really start to miss it!

I found out a lot of times that decision made under heavy emotional influence is never right - don't do it! smile.gif
See you around buddy!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 26 2008, 10:59 AM
GMC:er
I've emailed the place I bought it off which is an official Caparison dealer to see what can be done. I hope they can fix it back to perfection sad.gif Otherwise it's going on ebay as I can't play it again seriously. I put it in the loft yesterday sad.gif

I know Pavel is right about the damage and I always say dings and chips make it yours but a guitar I've tried my best to look after and not gig with has been damaged and I think that is a different thing. I was blown away with the guitars looks and sound.

My friends complimented the guitar before but now they say it's ruined sad.gif

I think I may buy a guitar today to commemorate the passing of this one.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Feb 26 2008, 11:04 AM
So your not gonna quit? that's a good thing! Just as we thought, its a silly idea made under a bad mood... wink.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 26 2008, 11:07 AM
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Feb 26 2008, 10:04 AM) *
So your not gonna quit? that's a good thing! Just as we thought, its a silly idea made under a bad mood... wink.gif

I'm still having a break from guitar. See whether I miss it or not.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 26 2008, 12:22 PM
Let me introduce you to a couple friends of mine.

The first is "The Pound is way stronger than the dollar right now", the second is "online auction sites geared towards americans", and the third is "They have caparison guitars on them for $2100 USD, roughly 1050#" and lastly "You have a job you don't like but pays you well so you can get afford another one eventually."

And here is the fifth one I think you two have met.

Keep your head up man, I've been fleeced so far this year. In the span of 3 weeks I found out I needed new tires for my car, my apartment broken into and my computer stolen (no insurance and had to come out of pocket for a new lap top because I'm pretty much addicted to the internet, not really but I'd be really bored without it), then found out that I owe the government $500 in taxes for the year of 07. That's about $2k in the hole in one month where I have very strict budgeting so it smashed my budget a couple months to pay for it. As infuriating as it is, I still keep my head up.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 26 2008, 12:27 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 26 2008, 11:22 AM) *
Let me introduce you to a couple friends of mine.

The first is "The Pound is way stronger than the dollar right now", the second is "online auction sites geared towards americans", and the third is "They have caparison guitars on them for $2100 USD, roughly 1050#" and lastly "You have a job you don't like but pays you well so you can get afford another one eventually."

And here is the fifth one I think you two have met.

Keep your head up man, I've been fleeced so far this year. In the span of 3 weeks I found out I needed new tires for my car, my apartment broken into and my computer stolen (no insurance and had to come out of pocket for a new lap top because I'm pretty much addicted to the internet, not really but I'd be really bored without it), then found out that I owe the government $500 in taxes for the year of 07. That's about $2k in the hole in one month where I have very strict budgeting so it smashed my budget a couple months to pay for it. As infuriating as it is, I still keep my head up.

That link isn't my guitar. That is a T.A.T. Mine is a T.A.T. 2 which has two humbuckers rather than the SSH set up of the TAT. I know you can get them for cheaper on ebay but it costs a lot for shipping and customs also so in the end it would come to 2100 dollars + 200 dollars + 17.5% which is 2700 dollars. So a slight bit less.

Everything has gone for me this month also. My PC died as well. It isn't good is it sad.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 26 2008, 12:38 PM
They haven't got my guitar for sale on ebay. I checked sad.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 26 2008, 12:45 PM
Lets go fishing!
Man that guys listing is a nightmare to read blink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 26 2008, 12:46 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 26 2008, 11:45 AM) *
Man that guys listing is a nightmare to read blink.gif

I gave up half way through lol. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 26 2008, 12:48 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 26 2008, 11:46 AM) *
I gave up half way through lol. smile.gif

lol! biggrin.gif I mean hes done a good job with the photos, but the entire page looks like the rambleings of a madman ! laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 26 2008, 01:42 PM
He also uses the phrase "The straight dope" about 15 times. Yeah it didn't look like any TAT2s were up, but not knowing the difference and remembering yours was about that color, i linked it anyway. I remember looking a week ago and there was one though, so keep your eye on it.

What if you got someone to ship it say it was worth like $500 USD or it was a gift, would you still have to pay customs?

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
albino
Feb 26 2008, 01:57 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 26 2008, 07:12 PM) *
Man, take it easy - don't sell your guitars! Just let the guitar off for a week, don't play it at all. In a week you'll really start to miss it!

I found out a lot of times that decision made under heavy emotional influence is never right - don't do it! smile.gif
See you around buddy!

Great advice; give it time to settle down because when things go wrong you can feel like a loser and get into a whole negative cycle of self-loathing and depression. After a while you will feel better. You must not allow yourself to stay in the 'I am a loser' mentality because you are NOT a loser. Things Will improve. Go talk to a good friend about it rather than shut yourself away in anger and self-pity. I know it is hard to do this.

Watching the news lately on TV I saw a town in Australia where they are flooded out and their entire homes are ruined. Hurricane Katrina in the U.S.A saw an entire city of New Orleans devastated. See some of these events and your own accident takes on a clearer perspective. This doesn't mean that your loss means nothing. Allow yourself to be upset for a while then think of positive solutions and picture a future where you will be playing a great guitar again.

I repeat; Don't go down the 'I am a loser' path. So you had an expensive accident. We all have these things happen occassionally. Grieve for a little then move on. You'll look back one day and find that you learned something from the bad experience. Imagine having children one day and they tell you about something they loved that has been stolen or smashed. You will be able to empathise with them, put your hand on their shoulder and lead them to the knowledge that its not the end of the world. Hang in there mate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 26 2008, 02:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I know someone who works as a psychiatrists, and he alsways sais "what's the worse case situation right now?" and always look at the question in a realistic way. Than what's the worst case? Well that you have to buy a cheap guitar and play on that one for a couple of months, it's not realy great, but it's better then no guitar!

You'll deal with it! Just trust yourself, you'll get over this!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 26 2008, 02:19 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 26 2008, 12:42 PM) *
What if you got someone to ship it say it was worth like $500 USD or it was a gift, would you still have to pay customs?

I don't know man. I don't know how it works unfortunately. I'm guessing that could work well.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Angelica
Feb 26 2008, 02:30 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 25 2008, 11:38 PM) *
I may as well just kill myself

Hey, what the hell, NEVER say something like that! Ok?
I can understand, it's soo frustrating to feel like that... especially when you haven't got so much money and you make lots of sacrifices to get what you desire... but nevermind, I'm sure things like that happen to everyone... Last year I spent 280 euros for a huge bike and they robbed it to me after a week! Now I don't have a bike. dry.gif
I'm sure you can work it out to adjust your instrument or buy a new one (check out ebay's offers sometimes they're huge!)
but PLEASE, NEVER EVER talk about killing yourself!!!!!!! NEVER!!! Just because you lost a guitar, you wanna loose something infinitely more precious, such as YOUR OWN LIFE? Never ever say that, neither for joking!!

This post has been edited by Angelica: Feb 26 2008, 02:34 PM

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 26 2008, 02:38 PM
I've not shipped internationally except once to Canadabefore and at the post office they asked what I was shipping and I told them it was a video game and it was a present and so far as I could tell, they didn't have to pay customs on it, but that might be different due to the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Does anyone have an intimate knowledge with customs so we can figure out how to cheat them? I do so with absolutely no qualms in my heart as I think of all the money governments waste and flat out lose. I would volunteer my services to help you get it replaced if it were US made and try that custom route, but it looks like all those are straight from Japan.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 26 2008, 02:44 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 26 2008, 01:38 PM) *
I've not shipped internationally except once to Canadabefore and at the post office they asked what I was shipping and I told them it was a video game and it was a present and so far as I could tell, they didn't have to pay customs on it, but that might be different due to the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Does anyone have an intimate knowledge with customs so we can figure out how to cheat them? I do so with absolutely no qualms in my heart as I think of all the money governments waste and flat out lose. I would volunteer my services to help you get it replaced if it were US made and try that custom route, but it looks like all those are straight from Japan.

Yeah, they are all Japanese guitars and pretty rare. They are probably one of the best guitars they make in Japan.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 26 2008, 02:49 PM
Ever since I saw your review of one I've been dying to get my hands on one, but I can't find one anywhere and that's a whale of a guitar to throw $2k at having never even held one. They are beautiful just the same. I read your review ages ago, but what do you think of it now? I don't think I could part with $2k without ever playing one but man they are beautiful.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Feb 26 2008, 03:01 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Feb 26 2008, 02:03 PM) *
I know someone who works as a psychiatrists, and he alsways sais "what's the worse case situation right now?" and always look at the question in a realistic way. Than what's the worst case? Well that you have to buy a cheap guitar and play on that one for a couple of months, it's not realy great, but it's better then no guitar!

You'll deal with it! Just trust yourself, you'll get over this!

True katzie. Looking at worst case and making a plan for that put's things in perspective.

I understand how you (OC) feel about your guitar, I would be pretty upset if I chipped my beauties.
I like to buy nice stuff and I take care of them. I like them to look good and taken good care of.
But, I'm buying things because I want to use them. Whether it's my car or guitar or whatever I rather use them and see them worned and torn, used and damaged, than being stuffed away in mint condition to no joy. And when I use my stuff things happen to them and they get worn. That's inevitable.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 26 2008, 03:03 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Hey man!

Don't stop playing, you'll regret it in the end..
I'm not the greatest player either, but man I'm still having fun smile.gif

Just pray they can fix and if not, play a cheaper one unntil yhe day comes you can afford a new one.
And by then you're probably a better player and maybe you'll find a guitar you like even better!? smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:21 PM