Too Much Alcohol, blues played by masters...
Blue Willy
Dec 29 2013, 04:30 AM
GMC:er
In some locales in the United States, 180 proof (90%) grain alcohol is legally offered for sale as a beverage. This song, originally by J.B. Hutto, is about what happens when someone drinks this stuff without diluting it with water or another mixer. The vocalist and rhythm guitarist is the German born San Francisco Bay Area blues grand dame Monica Dupont backed by an outstanding crew of masters of the blues. Monica has the deepest voice of any female singer I have ever heard.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mike

"The business ain't nothin' but the blues!" - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Inductee in the Blues Hall of Fame, March 14, 2012.

Mike-Wilhelm.com
YouTube: Michael Ray Wilhelm, Blusician, guitar & vocal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 29 2013, 05:08 AM
GMC:er
At first I assumed that this song was recorded by a man who had waaay too much to drink. Apparently its less about being in the moment, and more about prior experience. Good stuff regardless tongue.gif I'm actually shocked at how low she sings and still manages to sound good!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Doug Lane: Dec 29 2013, 05:10 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 29 2013, 10:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Dec 29 2013, 05:08 AM) *
At first I assumed that this song was recorded by a man who had waaay too much to drink. Apparently its less about being in the moment, and more about prior experience. Good stuff regardless tongue.gif I'm actually shocked at how low she sings and still manages to sound good!

I agree! Blue Willy posted another tune a few days ago and I had the same thoughts - how can she sing THAT low?!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:09 PM