Fender Audio Passport Studio Monitors
Mertay
Jan 30 2014, 01:42 PM
GMC:er
Fender Monitors smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 30 2014, 01:49 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice, Focal Audio is supposed to bee good, so these I might try if they hit the shops in Norway.
Looks good for my small setup :-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2014, 02:41 PM
Instructor
They look nice. It's not a bad idea to be able to take your own monitors every time you change studio during a production. I feel a bit lost the first hours and even days that I pass on a new studio, and taking my own monitors could be a good compass.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 10 2014, 12:29 AM
I'm not sure who this is marketed towards. Legit studio guys aren't going to buy fender monitors. Home studio guys aren't constantly traveling to different studios.

That pricepoint is a little funny too. There's a lot of decent stuff you can get that is well reputable.

We will see.

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 10 2014, 01:11 AM
I checked the price, on musicians friend its very close to an adam a5x (common here) which to me is easily in the typical home studio budget.

Fender name does sound a bit weird for a non-guitarist but Focal pretty reputable, I didn't check but these might be the cheapes Focal's on the market and I guess Fender is also depending on this.

Not a huge market I agree but I do know 2-3 friends who would find the portability useful

--------------------

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 10 2014, 03:35 AM
Explain those 2-3 people to me. I honestly am not sure I really get the 'portable' thing. huh.gif

I mean, I've setup a recording rig in a home or church or barn to track some things, so I DO see sometimes where life is easier when your setup is easier.

But even in that situation, I've got things in boxes or racks to bring stuff around. So having these monitors have the ability to hook together isn't that big enough of a selling point.

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 10 2014, 12:11 AM) *
I checked the price, on musicians friend its very close to an adam a5x (common here) which to me is easily in the typical home studio budget.

Fender name does sound a bit weird for a non-guitarist but Focal pretty reputable, I didn't check but these might be the cheapes Focal's on the market and I guess Fender is also depending on this.

Not a huge market I agree but I do know 2-3 friends who would find the portability useful

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 10 2014, 10:16 AM
I know one that regularly works as independent engineer, he has a very cool portable recording setup (Avalon preamp, apogee/mac system and few mic.s) and records albums (nothing famous of course) clients home or other studio's. The mix process of course also happens where the clients are recorded as they always want to get involved. Not so many in Turkey but I do know there are many independent engineers in Europe and USA and some even travel countries and such reference for them is very needed as environment always changes.

Studio monitor are also used for PA, they even sometimes place them on stage so the soundcheck can be done without the vocalist present smile.gif also used on desk but I don't exactly know how, maybe its mixed there and the PA sound system is later eq'd.

There are also schools, colleges. There's around 20 audio engineering schools in Turkey and way more in more developed countries...

Aside the fact that they are studio monitors, its also a portable speakers. Think conferences, I once applied to a building that had 8 small to mid size conference rooms besides one that was also a stage. I can think of them also used for kemper or axe fx systems too...

So the portability can be useful depending on the situation, as said it not huge but still a market. Product is also a bit experimental so in time I guess it will prove how useful it will be.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:29 AM