> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Hajduk's Musical Forest
Hajduk
Jan 6 2014, 09:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 6 2014, 07:55 AM) *
Alright Tom wink.gif

Post a video in which you play the part - but do it slowly and rhythmically - I will answer back with a video after I see what's cooking there smile.gif Also, looking forward to see your take on Ben's lesson so we can move on to the next one. I hope to help you cover the entire series biggrin.gif

Yes smile.gif Sounds awesome

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 6 2014, 10:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Jan 6 2014, 08:27 AM) *
Yes smile.gif Sounds awesome

perfect wink.gif Let me know when it's done!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 8 2014, 11:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin here is my first take of Ivans tune, will work on and fine tune the pitch of bends and timing.

The bends up on the high notes were hard to do smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2014, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Hey there mate smile.gif I will show you one trick which will improve your bending. Making a video for ya and I'll post it here wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 9 2014, 09:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you Cosmin smile.gif looking forward to it !

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2014, 11:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Jan 9 2014, 08:22 AM) *
Thank you Cosmin smile.gif looking forward to it !

Here we go mate:

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 9 2014, 11:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
How right you are smile.gif You have told me that before as well and I forget to do that. Thank you Cosmin will start doing that regularly.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2014, 08:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Jan 9 2014, 10:49 PM) *
How right you are smile.gif You have told me that before as well and I forget to do that. Thank you Cosmin will start doing that regularly.

Hehe wink.gif A quick reminder man biggrin.gif Please do stick to the idea and make it a part of your playing, as it'll help tremendously.

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Feb 6 2014, 01:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin here is a first take with Bens land of Legato, will have 2 more vids up tomorrow and re do this one, Thank you smile.gif

Didn't realize till after camera angle was off. Sorry. Re posting tomorrow

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2014, 08:44 AM
Instructor
Howdy there! smile.gif No biggie - I can use this one as well and focus more on my ears biggrin.gif I can sometimes, more often than not, figure out what's what just by listening wink.gif

Ahaa - spotted smile.gif Keep that thumb behind the neck mate smile.gif Legato is ALL about getting an opposite force exerted against the direction of the force applied by the fingers. Thumb on one side, the other fingers on the other side.

Please focus on timing, getting EACH note to sound at the same level with all of them and separating them clearly. Also, each note has to have the same duration - all 16 notes right?

wink.gif Keep working hard mate!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Feb 6 2014, 09:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Cosmin, I heard it as soon as I recorded it where I was off time, so I am making it a practice to record every piece from now on to video so I can listen to where the timing is wrong.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2014, 10:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Feb 6 2014, 08:30 AM) *
Thanks Cosmin, I heard it as soon as I recorded it where I was off time, so I am making it a practice to record every piece from now on to video so I can listen to where the timing is wrong.

Good choice here mate - let's see this one recorded with the stated method, deal? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Feb 7 2014, 01:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin didn't get around to doing the Bens land of legato but I did re-do the Classic ballad bending from Ivan, kinda butchered parts of it but wanted to show that my thumb is going over the neck when bending.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Feb 7 2014, 09:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin have a quick question for you! Is it normal to find that doing legato with the thumb behind the neck harder?? I find I don't have as much strength doing it that way is this normal??

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2014, 12:24 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

Let's take things one at a time:

1) The recording - please work on things so that you can use the technique with ease and make things sound fluid, while reaching the correct pitches - it's just a matter of focusing on these important elements mentioned.

2) Regarding the legato smile.gif Well, your hand got used to a certain position, but if you will try larger finger stretches with that grip, you will hurt yourself most likely.

It's nothing but physics mate - the more you lower your wrist and place your thumb behind the neck, the more reach you will have and the right tension applied by the thumb in order to increase the strength of the fingers against the neck. Two opposing forces providing support for one another:

Let me know if you understand the concept mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Feb 7 2014, 07:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Totally understand the concept as a matter of fact when I studied classical guitar they would murder you if the thumb wasn't behind the neck during the appropriate times. As far as the recording goes I should have waited and not rushed it to just get a video out to you. As always thank you for the help smile.gif and awesome news on endorsing PRS as a matter of fact was going to ask you if the PRS SE Torro is a good guitar, thinking of trading in the EVH guitar for one.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2014, 08:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Feb 7 2014, 06:16 PM) *
Totally understand the concept as a matter of fact when I studied classical guitar they would murder you if the thumb wasn't behind the neck during the appropriate times. As far as the recording goes I should have waited and not rushed it to just get a video out to you. As always thank you for the help smile.gif and awesome news on endorsing PRS as a matter of fact was going to ask you if the PRS SE Torro is a good guitar, thinking of trading in the EVH guitar for one.

Hey mate - good call with the classical wink.gif Don't rush into recording if you feel like something ain't in place - record a little sample, send it and we can discuss it. In that way, you won't waste time recording, just to do it again smile.gif

The Torrero... I haven't tried that one, to be honest, but I will try to get my hands on it smile.gif It should be something of a Custom 24 with floyd rose...wait now I know why I stood away from it - the floyd rose laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Feb 8 2014, 10:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
HaHa smile.gif Yeah its got a Floyd rose which I always want then realize I never really use the thing!!!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2014, 02:26 PM
Instructor
For me, it became the most hindering thing - tough cleaning and calibration issues all the time and if God forbid, a string breaks during the gig - you are done for! What other model do you fancy? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Mar 18 2014, 08:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin, sorry I didnt see last post. I like the PRS Toreo, I think that's how its spelled. Here are a couple takes I promised, Thank you

I know there are mistakes but have worked really hard to have correct hand and wrist position on this

Here is the bending one, which I still think I suck on but am working on the bending with the thumb over my the neck

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:36 AM