Hi Guys N Girls, Ken From Brasil
KenA
Aug 30 2013, 02:13 PM
GMC:er
Well, first of, Hi to everyone.

I recently joined GMC and I hope this can be a great place to make new friends and of course a nice learning evironment. As a quick bio I would say that although I've been in contact with music since I was a little kid (learned a bit o piano and drums), I really started my guitar journey at age 42 (I'm 46 now) . I listen to mainly rock/blues/funk based music, from the 80s to more contemporary music : lets'say Shotgun Messiah, LA Guns ... to Nickelback, Hollywood Undead, The Dirty Youth, etc

I started with funk rhythm guitar stuff from Ross Bolton, Jeremy Sash, Jurgen Kumlehn and right now my main challenge is to learn how to play with overdrive/distortion . I find this very difficult because when using distorted sounds it's easier to hear 'leaked' sounds, in other words, it's hard to play 'clean' with distortion ... I guess you know what I mean.

I still don't have any RECs , but I have a small collection of my original ideas/tunes I post on my YT channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4QjuB7y8xl4mrW3P79nqQ

I also use Overloud TH2 as my guitar amp sim and Ableton Live as my DAW but as soon as the new Bitwig Studio will be released I'll probably will adopt it because the less bloated the software, the best it is in my opinion.

All the best, Ken.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
===KenA===
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:42 AM