Help Building A Home Recording Studio
Marc_Maiden
Dec 25 2008, 10:13 PM
GMC:er
so im going to set aside $1000 for a home recording studio (nothing fancy) i just want to up my gear a bit...

right now all i use is toneport/gear box (the cheapo toneport) so i get basic recording from that

what i want to end up with from the new set up:

-be able to add synths/strings etc for epic composing (i wouldnt mind having the roland gr 20, its just that its $700!)
so i was thinking of getting a keyboard, either the M-audio Axiom 25, or the line 6 toneport with the keyboard.

my question about the synths is: i know with the line 6, you can connect your amp or guitar straight to it, but can you do that with the axiom as well?

also, if there is a cheap alternative to the roland gr 20 (guitar based synths, since im a better guitar player than piano) id take that as well

anyways, both of those are around the same price $180-200....lets just say 200.

im actually leaning towards the line 6 because it also acts as an external soundcard, and since my laptop is good not great, i dont know if i can trust its soundcard.
---------------------------------

-I also want to get a good live sound out of it as well...how will i do that? well i was thinking of FINALLY pulling the trigger on the roland jc-120...ive been after that amp for a long time now...it also has a direct out for recording which is tastey!....thats $800 there

and for effects, id run my zoom pedal through it (i like the effects on it)

so in the end, id end up with a roland jc-120, and some sort of synth to go with it....now i do plan on shopping for them used first....if i can get it cheaper i will...ive seen jc-120's on craigslist for 400, the money id save would go to higher quality monitors than what i have now, or maybe even a cheap desktop computer to put all the recording stuffs on...

anyways...i could really use suggestions on amps/synths/sounds....

build me a recording studio for $1000!!!!!

thanks guys, i appreciate the help...im a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff...i really want to end up with a set up that i can record full songs with and not have to worry about bands/band members smile.gif

thanks again!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:14 PM