> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
mad
Jan 15 2013, 11:11 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Wow - much work to do biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 15 2013, 11:14 AM
Instructor
Who's rushing? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 16 2013, 10:31 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
You're right - the year is still long biggrin.gif

Here is my first take for Muris' lesson:

https://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/apw-take-80bpm

I tried to play it slow but very clean. The shapes are quite unnatural for me to play.. every 2bpm raise is a struggle biggrin.gif
I always have to start at 40 bpm with 2bpm steps just to achieve that tight and flawless playing (if I can call it like that ... )

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 16 2013, 11:26 AM
Instructor
Hehey biggrin.gif I think you are faring pretty good so far smile.gif it sounds A BIT shaky - yes, I can sense that tongue.gif But work hard and confidence will be felt all over!

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 17 2013, 01:35 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK Cos, let's resurrect this smile.gif

First you'll get a full recording of your song META..

Attached File  META_take.mp3 ( 9.33MB ) Number of downloads: 102

Well, part8 isn't played well and like the original - still need to work on that fast run, but I'm getting there.. Also a few timing problems here and there..

I want to get more into soloing skills and I'm currently working on this lesson by Emir:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/

Will upload a first take for you soon..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 18 2013, 09:12 AM
Instructor
Wow dude biggrin.gif Totally love it!

Aside some small imperfections (a little rush during the chorus for instance), I think you nailed the feeling of this tune perfectly biggrin.gif I will want to share it with the guys as well and we will place it on the Facebook page, if you agree with it tongue.gif

Can you show me a video of that nasty lick in the breakdown? It's the only thing left for this take to be pristine! biggrin.gif

And Emir's classic! I can't wait to see this one in your take smile.gif

I also have another idea - will you be up for making a YT video while performing Meta? It's no rush or anything and only if you wish to make it wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 18 2013, 09:32 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks man! That really motivates me to continue practicing the tune until it's perfect wink.gif

I've planned to shot a HQ video in a studio as soon as all parts are played as perfect as possible for me.. that may take another 2 weeks. So a final video should be done mid september - would that be ok for you to share this one on FB then?

I can play that nasty lick clean at 75bpm, so I'll shoot a video for that today for you to take a look smile.gif

Hehe, Emir's neoclassical piece is killing my fingertips smile.gif I use 9..46 gauge, but those wide vibratos in the lower register always force me to make a pause for a day when practiced 30min or so smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 18 2013, 10:15 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, here is the recording with 110bpm:

and here is another one with 120bpm:
Attached File  nastyLick120bpm.mp3 ( 1.53MB ) Number of downloads: 81

This post has been edited by mad: Aug 18 2013, 10:58 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 19 2013, 08:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Aug 18 2013, 08:32 AM) *
Thanks man! That really motivates me to continue practicing the tune until it's perfect wink.gif

I've planned to shot a HQ video in a studio as soon as all parts are played as perfect as possible for me.. that may take another 2 weeks. So a final video should be done mid september - would that be ok for you to share this one on FB then?

I can play that nasty lick clean at 75bpm, so I'll shoot a video for that today for you to take a look smile.gif

Hehe, Emir's neoclassical piece is killing my fingertips smile.gif I use 9..46 gauge, but those wide vibratos in the lower register always force me to make a pause for a day when practiced 30min or so smile.gif

The timing is great - mid September sounds awesome! biggrin.gif Wow - you are recording this in a studio?? How cool is that? But you don't have to do it if it's just for this - if you wanna do it because YOU wanna do it, I'm cool with that smile.gif

The more you bend and vibrate, the more your fingers will get used to it and you won't need those long breaks wink.gif

Now, about the lick - I notice you are moving your left hand fingers quite a lot - this sort of lick requires very little movement, in order to get it up to speed.

My suggestion here, would be for you to practice it starting at a low speed and focusing on moving as little as possible and playing as clean as possible. At 120 BPM it feels a bit too fast for you at this point. Try this idea and let me know how it feels, ok?

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 19 2013, 10:02 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
No prob - I want to do this - it's just that it's worth when I'm able to play a whole song smile.gif - and the studio is right in the neighborhood - just for the video smile.gif

I think I know what you mean - I'll give that approach a try and record another vid for you today..

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 19 2013, 01:11 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, here are a few vids for you..

Well, I'm getting closer eventually smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 20 2013, 11:49 AM
Instructor
Hey Marc - I can see improvement smile.gif The idea is that now, you need to focus on definition - you basically nail about 3 tries out of 6 - can you play the lick at 130 BPM 3 times in a row with full definition and punch?

The more approaches to this idea you will try - the better you will become wink.gif C'mon, it' would be a shame to let this little lick hold you down from playing this tune perfectly from A to Z!

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 20 2013, 09:07 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here you go smile.gif

Attached File  metaLick130bpm_consistency.mp3 ( 794.21K ) Number of downloads: 86

I've tried to play it along the original backing at full speed (146bpm) and managed to play it clean once.. so I'm getting closer again..

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2013, 08:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Aug 20 2013, 08:07 PM) *
Here you go smile.gif

Attached File  metaLick130bpm_consistency.mp3 ( 794.21K ) Number of downloads: 86

I've tried to play it along the original backing at full speed (146bpm) and managed to play it clean once.. so I'm getting closer again..

Hey Marc - as you are saying, getting closer and closer!!

Work on it, focusing on staying relaxed and executing clean and defined, ok? How's Emir's lesson coming up?

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 21 2013, 10:41 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I do! biggrin.gif

Sent you a PM regarding Emir's lesson wink.gif

And I think I'll nail this lesson quite soon, too - what do you think so far?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 22 2013, 12:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Aug 21 2013, 09:41 PM) *
I do! biggrin.gif

Sent you a PM regarding Emir's lesson wink.gif

And I think I'll nail this lesson quite soon, too - what do you think so far?

Hey Marc! It sounds pretty well played and you seem to have a good definition and balance especially towards the beginning. I think that with a little more practice, focusing on definition on all the track, you can nail a great mark biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 22 2013, 12:20 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yeah, I'll focus on that in the next take, which will be a complete one smile.gif
I'll record another take for the META-Riff today, yesterday I reached the 140bpm mark and played it clean all the way biggrin.gif

One more thing I'd like to start with: learning to play and sing whole songs with my acoustic.. do you have any recommendation on which song(s) to start with (easy ones)?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 22 2013, 01:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Aug 22 2013, 11:20 AM) *
Yeah, I'll focus on that in the next take, which will be a complete one smile.gif
I'll record another take for the META-Riff today, yesterday I reached the 140bpm mark and played it clean all the way biggrin.gif

One more thing I'd like to start with: learning to play and sing whole songs with my acoustic.. do you have any recommendation on which song(s) to start with (easy ones)?

Hey Marc!! Sure thing biggrin.gif

Make a list of your favorite chord based songs and we'll start from there wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 22 2013, 01:12 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Great! Today I'll make a list of 10 (easy) songs to work on for the next months smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 22 2013, 06:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, here's the list..

- GooGoo Dolls: Black Balloon
- GooGoo Dolls: Slide
- Foo Fighters: Cold Day In The Sun
- Incobus: Drive
- The Verve: The Drugs Don't Work
- Staind: Outside
- Foo Fighters: Stranger Things Have Happenend
- A Perfect Circle: 3 Lybras
- Fleetwood Mac: Landslide
- Coldplay - The Scientist

What do you think - manageable?

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:42 AM