My Setup And What I Would Like To Get. Help?
gnarkill
Dec 22 2014, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
Iv'e been playing guitar for about 13 years now, but that doesn't mean I know what I am doing or that I am any good. But about a year ago, I took all my old equipment and garbage amps and guitars and traded them into a Guitar Center and got myself some new toys. I picked up the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR and a Line 6 Spider 4 120 watt. I also picked up the floor board to go with it.

I really liked the looks of the Hellraiser a lot, and it was recommended based on my tastes in music (In Flames, Killswitch and Trivium). And as far as the Line 6 amp, I wasnt looking for anything big, I just wanted something to explore and find a new sound for myself, as well as play with sounds that are already used by some big players. I figured a modulation amp like this would do me good to start out with as I only play by myself. I also picked up Rocksmith 2014 to learn some songs and improve my skills.

Now that I have had the Hellraiser for a year, I really like the tones and the feel. But I have determined that I HATE tuning a guitar with a Floyd Rose tremolo. I have to ask, what advantage does the Floyd Rose really provide besides the whammy? I just recently found out the guitar has a coil tap, and I barely know what it does. Ive been told it only uses one coil in the pickup. But what situation would I use this?

The Spider 4 has been solid for me, as I have found lots of things I have liked, and lots of different tones. I know I LOVE the looper, but it doesnt have a very long time to record for it. It has a good amount of effects, but I wish I could have more.

After playing around enough with the Spider 4, and looking on a bunch of the lessons on GMC where a ton of the songs have presets used on the POD HD500x, I would like to know more. I want to know how you all feel about it? What advantages does it bring? I like the idea of being able to use a to play around with more tones, distortions and effects and putting them how I want.

I also am interested in some sort of metronome or drum machine. Any ideas there?

I am also interested in a really awesome looper. Perhaps something that can go for more than a few minutes. And if there is anything out there that allows me to loop multiple parts.

Final few questions, what are the advantages of the Floyd Rose? What exactly would I use the coil tap for? Any advise on making my own tones?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- gnarkill   My Setup And What I Would Like To Get. Help?   Dec 22 2014, 09:08 PM
- - Todd Simpson   WELCOME TO GMC!!! I"m Todd and I...   Dec 22 2014, 11:00 PM
- - Chris S.   The only wisdom, from my experience, that I can co...   Dec 23 2014, 01:03 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   Great reply!! Some folks love locking tre...   Dec 23 2014, 08:02 AM
nnn
- - Mertay   Your gear selections are pretty good, nice replies...   Dec 23 2014, 03:39 PM
- - gnarkill   Yeah, its actually pretty funny I recently decided...   Dec 23 2014, 05:33 PM
- - Mertay   Yeah it should work, I first tried by glueing coin...   Dec 23 2014, 09:19 PM
- - gnarkill   Mertay, I like the sounds of that! How much wo...   Dec 23 2014, 09:36 PM
|- - Mertay   QUOTE (gnarkill @ Dec 23 2014, 08:36 PM) ...   Dec 24 2014, 12:21 AM
nnn
- - Chris S.   I personally like the Avid 11 Rack over the POD - ...   Dec 24 2014, 12:47 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   Well said The 11 rack is around the same price an...   Dec 27 2014, 08:28 PM
nnn
- - Cosmin Lupu   To suport Chris' post I thought you might be ...   Dec 27 2014, 10:03 AM
- - gnarkill   A quick search on the Avid 11 and I like what I se...   Dec 30 2014, 05:50 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   I'm glad if I could help Well, the question h...   Dec 30 2014, 09:59 PM
- - gnarkill   I would be using it at home. But when I practice, ...   Dec 30 2014, 10:56 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (gnarkill @ Dec 30 2014, 09:56 PM) ...   Dec 31 2014, 08:07 AM
nnn
- - jstcrsn   I would go for the 11, it has some extra features ...   Dec 31 2014, 03:03 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:12 AM