5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Coffeeman/big Harry Mtp Thread
big harry
Mar 10 2009, 09:30 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
Hey Andru

so you wanted to have a quick review of where i stand at the moment.

ok here we go according my agenda

PART 1 - DAILY ROUTINE
Warm up - Hand snyc and Carlos chords in different positions for different chords - 15 mins
Exercise 1 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nchronisation1/
Exercise 2 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nchronisation2/
Exercise 1 and 2 moves on to Hands synch series

this series i am coming further, the first 3 exercises with fingers 123, 124 and 134 i can do up to a speed of 130
but i want to keep it still in my routine to get it really done and FIX it in my head

Exercise 3 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...g-major-chords/
Exercise 3 moves on to different chords every week

still working on that one, but to be honest, didnt push it in the last days, always did some points here and there
but i guess i can play them pretty fluently at a gentle speed

PART 2 - MONTHLY ROUTINE
Chords, timing and rhythm - this month will be some Joe Kataldo stuff
Exercise 1 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...hm-with-triads/
Exercise 2 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-guitar/pumping-rock/
Exercise 3 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/beginner-rock-rhythm/

this part i didnt even start till today, just picked them out for this month, still waiting on the backings from Joe, hope i can get them soon otherwise i will start without

Alternate picking - 3 exercises
Exercise 1 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-thirds/
Exercise 2 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...note-exercises/
Exercise 3 - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...rnate-picking1/

this is the weakest part of the last 2 weeks, didnt really practice that as hard as i wanted to, but i will start this part over for this month and try to reach my goal which i set for february, but the standard scale runs i can do at 90 now which is a small step forward, just need to fix the different fingerings up to speed

Soloing - Solos from different styles
Here i want to leave some space maybe for collabs or the competition
for this month i have chosen 2 extra solos
1 - Pedjas Collab https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=351481
2 - Competition https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...lo-in-bb-major/

these 2 parts i already chose to be part of it for this month, lets see what i can do and if there is some space for another lesson, the main problem with Pedjas collab is, that i never really done arpeggios and it will be a tough one to get into it, but when should i start with it if no now ? *hehehe*
maybe you can guide me a bit into that sphere ......

so my friend what do you think of this months plan ?

i will provide you some vids within the next days, so that you can have a closer look, is that ok for you ?

i am happy that we can move on, and i promise to get back to really hard working in here which i didnt do the last time

so lets move on
Harry

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 13 2009, 03:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi there my friend,

Very nice routine , I really like it.

I would really like to see some videos , so we can work on the lessons.

Working on this month competition is a really great idea , and if you noticed it has a very nice alternate picking part. I will give this one a try too , so it will be interersting that we both work on it.

So let me know when you have any videos , and if you have any questions on carlos lesson.

cheers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 14 2009, 10:00 PM
Hey Andru

here are some progress vids to watch for you

i took the
- chords lesson
- Jose Menas beginning of the lesson at 90 bpm
- the competition for march

looking for your comments my friend
hope everything is quite well with you

cya
Harry

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Jose_Mena_90bpm.wmv ( 1.78MB ) Number of downloads: 137
Attached File  March_competition_not_full.wmv ( 2.64MB ) Number of downloads: 137
Attached File  Chords.wmv ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 143

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 17 2009, 09:22 PM
Hi Andru

heres the first full take of the march competition

the last part causes me some problems, this is kind of bit too fast for me at the moment, but i am sure i will get it till dead line *hehe*

cya
Harry

Attached File(s)
Attached File  March_competition_full_Take_1.wmv ( 2.55MB ) Number of downloads: 149

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 17 2009, 10:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi there Harry,

How are you my friend?

Very nice work.

Jose lesson:

Very nice, a couple of mistakes here and there, but I really like that you are mastering the ap. I would like to hear all the excercises , there are a couple that are a little bit trickier and those will really help you with the technique. I would also like to here it with less gain. Nice work on this one.

Chords:

Getting better too, I see that you are now familiar with the shapes , and thats awesome , it really shows that you've been practicing. Be careful with the struming , try to make ring all the strings that are being used. There are a couple of mistakes, but it will come with more practice cause as I said before you know the shapes.

March lesson:

Use less gain here too. Try to give it a warmer sound. Be careful with the vibrato , in the first long note it sounds out of tune, and in other notes you are not using it, try to use the vibrato consitently. Practice the final section with the lower backings, you know the runs, and of course practice it with alternate picking. Practice these things and let me know how it goes.

Good work my friend, I'll upload my take on the march competition a.s.a.p.

Cheers.

a.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 18 2009, 11:10 AM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 17 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Hi there Harry,

How are you my friend?

Very nice work.

Jose lesson:

Very nice, a couple of mistakes here and there, but I really like that you are mastering the ap. I would like to hear all the excercises , there are a couple that are a little bit trickier and those will really help you with the technique. I would also like to here it with less gain. Nice work on this one.

Chords:

Getting better too, I see that you are now familiar with the shapes , and thats awesome , it really shows that you've been practicing. Be careful with the struming , try to make ring all the strings that are being used. There are a couple of mistakes, but it will come with more practice cause as I said before you know the shapes.

March lesson:

Use less gain here too. Try to give it a warmer sound. Be careful with the vibrato , in the first long note it sounds out of tune, and in other notes you are not using it, try to use the vibrato consitently. Practice the final section with the lower backings, you know the runs, and of course practice it with alternate picking. Practice these things and let me know how it goes.

Good work my friend, I'll upload my take on the march competition a.s.a.p.

Cheers.

a.

Hey Andru

Nice to hear from you, its been a hard time in the last days, a bit of frustrating cause sometimes it seem to get totally stuck and not really a little step forward

especially the AP is getting me really frustrated sometimes, it seems that there is no progress most of the time
some days it feels good and some days my fingers are like a wood, absolutely frozen ......

i tried to do sthg for Pedjas collab as well but here it is almost the same, arpeggios ........HÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ ?
whats this ? i dont get a damn idea in my head for some nice run.......absolutely frustrating
sent Pedja a PM yesterday that i have NO idea how to use this

i have some problems with my shoulder too, so i am not able to practice as hard as i would love too and that makes me a bit sad at the moment.........but i am sure i will get back out of this damn hole

i will try to get you the wanted things asap

i will continue with Joses lesson and provide you more vids of the exercises

for the chords as you have said, iam getting used to the shapes and i just need to get a fluently change in my fingers, will take some more time i guess but i dont want to rush

Carlos solo - i loved that sound more than Carlos one *hehehe* thats why i choose it, but i will try it a bit different and use bit less gain, especially i like the delay which i made on my own *harharhar*

hope to talk to you soon again on MSN
wasnt online for some time

cya
Harry

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 24 2009, 05:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
How is practice going my friend?

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 24 2009, 08:42 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 24 2009, 05:35 PM) *
How is practice going my friend?

hey my friend

not so good as wanted
i am working hard on Pedjas collab to get my mistakes out, but i am not very happy with that, my brain is really stuck and i dont get any idea to get this done, i hope i can do it till friday

also working on the competition to get a nice video for uploading, the fast run at the end causes me problems
i found out that its easier with AP than with my usual picking but my right hand is not ready for that speed at the moment
i have one take down but i want to do a better one

Jose´s lesson is going good, i think i will post a video with all exercises in it till friday for you, maybe with 90 but i guess it will be better at 80 *hehehe*

warmin up is still in work and i use this every day to get ready for playing, the only thing which causes me REAL problems are the stretches in the finger independence lesson, i try to do it at the 7th fret because i am not used to this stretches and on the 5th its going to hurt after some mins and handcontrol is also not really good, there is a lot of work in it but i am on my way my friend

how about you ?

cya
Harry

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 27 2009, 08:55 PM
Hey Andru

As promised here are 4 exercises of Jose mena´s alternate picking lesson
the last one is missing cause i didnt get it fully to record till now but it wil follow soon - PROMISE

i took the speed of 80 cause thats the one i can do it pretty comfortable and without too much mistakes, 90 is sometimes possible but still having troubles with it

hope you dont find any mistakes on the AP *hehehe*

cya
Harry

and here is another exercise for finger switching which you gave me long time ago cool.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Jose_Mena_Lesson___ex_1.wmv ( 770.98K ) Number of downloads: 141
Attached File  Jose_Mena_Lesson___ex_2.wmv ( 786.61K ) Number of downloads: 140
Attached File  Jose_Mena_Lesson___ex_3.wmv ( 896K ) Number of downloads: 134
Attached File  Jose_Mena_Lesson___ex_4.wmv ( 841.3K ) Number of downloads: 126
Attached File  Video_62.wmv ( 1.45MB ) Number of downloads: 91

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Apr 2 2009, 03:06 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi there,

Whats up my friend?

So you are doing terrible , this isn't working. cool.gif

No seriously. You are doing an awesome job. Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when , you couldn't change strings and keep the alternate picking?

Im really proud of you , and I see that you are putting a lot of effort into it. I would like to see the jose mena excercises in just one take, that would be cool.

The last excercise is a nice one for warming up , and I see that you can do it very easy.

So now that you and the AP are best friends I want to give you a (song)lesson that uses ap. Do you like neoclasical stuff?

Another thing I would like to add , is that you did an awesome job in pedja's collab , that was a very melodic and nice take , congratulations my friend.

So , I'll search for a nice lesson to work on this month.

Im very proud of you!

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Apr 3 2009, 10:04 AM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Apr 2 2009, 04:06 AM) *
Hi there,

Whats up my friend?

So you are doing terrible , this isn't working. cool.gif

No seriously. You are doing an awesome job. Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when , you couldn't change strings and keep the alternate picking?

Im really proud of you , and I see that you are putting a lot of effort into it. I would like to see the jose mena excercises in just one take, that would be cool.

The last excercise is a nice one for warming up , and I see that you can do it very easy.

So now that you and the AP are best friends I want to give you a (song)lesson that uses ap. Do you like neoclasical stuff?

Another thing I would like to add , is that you did an awesome job in pedja's collab , that was a very melodic and nice take , congratulations my friend.

So , I'll search for a nice lesson to work on this month.

Im very proud of you!

Hey Andru

MANY THX for your comments, means really much

April has started already, my agenda was updated and i am ready to work *hehehe*
the only thing thats missing in the agenda is the neoclassical lesson you suggested, the next competition and a new collab to work on

i am ready to start over with you my friend, we have a lot of work to do.
so lets get started ....

cheers
Harry

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Apr 3 2009, 02:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Great!

Don't get scared by this lesson , I don't want you to play it at full speed, I want you to learn it and play it a your more comfortable speed , this is a very cool neoclassical song and of course it is played only with AP. It has a lot of BT so start slow.

Here it is. I can play this one at 110 bpm ate the moment so I guess you will make a great job.

Neoclassical etude #2- by Marcus Lavendell

Don't play this if you haven't warmed up, it has some stretcthes , so make sure to warm up before.

As always if you need any help let me know.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
big harry
Apr 7 2009, 07:55 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Apr 3 2009, 03:50 PM) *
Great!

Don't get scared by this lesson , I don't want you to play it at full speed, I want you to learn it and play it a your more comfortable speed , this is a very cool neoclassical song and of course it is played only with AP. It has a lot of BT so start slow.

Here it is. I can play this one at 110 bpm ate the moment so I guess you will make a great job.

Neoclassical etude #2- by Marcus Lavendell

Don't play this if you haven't warmed up, it has some stretcthes , so make sure to warm up before.

As always if you need any help let me know.

Hey my friend
sorry for beeing late but i am on holiday this week and took some days off from guitar cause i had some work at home and the spring is taking place here so i spent the most time with my family out in the garden

WOWOWOWOW you really think i can make this lesson ?????
it will take lots of time i guess till i have the fingerings in mind
you are really pushing me hard my friend *pfffffffff*

i guess this will cause m some problems *hehehe*
i will start with this lesson within the next days

i will let you know if there are some questions

cya
Harry

+Quote Post
big harry
Apr 15 2009, 07:35 AM
Hey Andru

i am sorry to tell you that i need to quit practicing for about 2 weeks because i will go for a business trip today afternoon
as soon as i will be back i will continue
dont forget about me meanwhile *hehehe*

cya then
Harry

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Apr 15 2009, 03:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi there,

No problem my friend, have a nice trip. Take some cds or your ipod with you. Remember to do some mental excercises while you are on the trip , imagine yourself playing and practicing without mistakes.

Ill be here my friend.

Cheers.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:05 PM