Drums and Sequencing
fretdancer
Jan 14 2007, 10:02 AM
GMC:er
Well, as some of you may know from reading the forums, I want to start making more recordings.

I have been pretty inspired recently by some good backing tracks and want to record myself doing not only solo's over backing tracks but also by doing the backing tracks myself and doing some multi track recording.

I think I have a decent recording program (Adobe audition) and am sort of OK using that.

What I want is some drums. How do I get a program that will do the drumming for me? I was once directed to beatnik or something but I could never really understand it.
Is there a free Drum program, that is easy to configure, understand and outputs easily usuable sounds?
What is a sequencer?...I have absolutely no idea but seem to think I need one (which is pretty illogical I know).
Does anyone else here have any experience of multi track recording - how hard is it?
I am thinking I will need about 4 tracks?....say drums, a track with me playing perhaps one strum of each chord per bar - ish - and then a rhythm track of full strumming and then a track for lead guitar?...does this sound about right?.
( I think this will force me to play "in time") or I will never be able to match it all up...lol

so come on - talk drums. what is the best way - what is ANY way !!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:21 AM