> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Mr. Spock's Applied Theory Galactic Compendium
Spock
Mar 7 2013, 02:22 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 7 2013, 07:40 AM) *
I found this guy on Facebook today and I think he has a point on managing to overcome your fears and thus overcoming your self imposed barriers in letting our playing/ musicianship evolve. I think this is a good start and as our mate Ben Higgins used to say - 'The only opponent is within!
'

WOW! Talk about synchronicity, this is exactly the perfect response to what I asked this morning in my last post.

Now, to overcome my mind. blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Mar 7 2013, 02:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2013, 04:07 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Glad I posted it and was able to help!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 18 2013, 11:28 AM

It's standard tuning with the top E dropped to D.

So it's just strumming the the top 3 strings

Frets:

3 3 3 0 5 6 6 6666

1 1 1 3 1 Bar Cord(?) <--- I'm not sure what the last bar cord is called. It is the first fret > (a) string, third fret > (d & g strings). Strummed like the "6" position in the first measure.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  part.mp3 ( 351.61K ) Number of downloads: 90

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2013, 08:57 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - here ya go smile.gif

I'm broken down from tiredness but I hope I managed to be coherent - let me know, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 19 2013, 10:28 PM
AWESOME COSMIN!!! Thanks for this. I'm having a little problem with the video not wanting to play past the 3 minute mark, but will watch it when I get home. SUSHI TIME!!!!

I VERY much appreciate you doing this!!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 20 2013, 10:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 19 2013, 09:28 PM) *
AWESOME COSMIN!!! Thanks for this. I'm having a little problem with the video not wanting to play past the 3 minute mark, but will watch it when I get home. SUSHI TIME!!!!

I VERY much appreciate you doing this!!!

Hey man! I love sushi! biggrin.gif And I am glad if I could help - let me know if you have any questions after going through the vid thoroughly.

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 20 2013, 10:33 AM
Alright, I really like the sound of that pattern you were playing from the 7:30 to 8:30 mark. It is quite more difficult then what I was doing insomuch as the positioning of the hand and the jumping of strings.

I know it'll take a ton of practice for me to be able to move my hand that quickly from the neck position where the previous pattern is played, then to immediately start the tap cleanly, then to jumping strings. Great thing to practice and would benefit me greatly to be able to accomplish that.

I'm anxious to hear what that sounds like being played on top of that rhythm.

Thanks for the advice - Now I'll await your sound file containing the lyrics and vocal line! biggrin.gif

Get some sleep!

This post has been edited by Spock: Apr 20 2013, 10:34 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 20 2013, 10:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 20 2013, 09:33 AM) *
Alright, I really like the sound of that pattern you were playing from the 7:30 to 8:30 mark. It is quite more difficult then what I was doing insomuch as the positioning of the hand and the jumping of strings.

I know it'll take a ton of practice for me to be able to move my hand that quickly from the neck position where the previous pattern is played, then to immediately start the tap cleanly, then to jumping strings. Great thing to practice and would benefit me greatly to be able to accomplish that.

I'm anxious to hear what that sounds like being played on top of that rhythm.

Thanks for the advice - Now I'll await your sound file containing the lyrics and vocal line! biggrin.gif

Get some sleep!

Hey man, glad you like it smile.gif Here's the deal - try and record it against a metronome at slow speed and we'll see that it gets to the spot where YOU can record it over the groove. Let me know if you need a tab, or something k?

Honestly, I'm a bit scared, because it's the same, I mean my eye. I still have a sort of a haze in my left eye.. If things don't go well, I'll see a doc on Monday.

+Quote Post
Spock
May 6 2013, 12:02 PM
alright hereyago. This is why I was not ready to post anything. There's no sugar coating absolute shit.

Anyway, this isn't the best I've played it, not the worse - just normal. Fact is, some play throughs I nail one part and not the other, and other play through the other parts and not the ones I think I have. sometimes I can get the bend and vibrato right on one section and totally screw up the next, the fact is, I find it impossible for me to play it perfectly all the way through, no matter how many times I play it. I have practiced each individual part many many times, and gotten them right, find no problem with them individually, but putting them all together, and my brain refuses to work. It's the way it is with me and guitar.

So even though this is ridiculously bad, it's pretty much the way it is with every run through. On the parts I got right this time, I will get wrong another, and on the parts I got wrong, I will get right on another play, but all right together at once - not ever gonna happen.

So may I present to you, Pentatonic Crap...

[attachment=31766:pentatonic_crap.mp3]

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 7 2013, 08:23 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif It's not THAT bad, so let's see how we can twist things to make it perfect smile.gif

What I notice as an overall observation - the bends are slightly under the desired pitch - we want to change that right? There are a few steps that you need to take in order to solve this issue:

- memorize the piece so well, that you know what's coming next ALL THE TIME
- play the piece by focusing on anticipation - this is a bit tricky at first, but it involves the idea of you getting out of your shoes and listening to yourself WHILE playing. In order to do this, slow down the piece at let's say 75% and play against the backing, noticing your every move and always knowing what's coming next, till you reach the end.
- work your way up to 100% speed using this method. Needless to say, no phone/internet/wife/tv allowed biggrin.gif It's you and the guitar and an empty mind - this is called Zanshin and in the Zen philosophy, it is the total awareness to yourself and to that which surrounds you. Become a constant observer and you will improve a lot in every aspect!
- record against the original track once you get this done, to be able to compare the spots in which you may not reach the desired pitch and then you can focus on them and correct them.

Seems hard? It's not. Look at it as a form of meditation smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Spock
May 7 2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks Cosmin, I am very interested in the Zen of things, although I have never looked into it. Yes, my entire issue with anything on guitar, really boils down to not having it completely memorized and instead of, as you say, focusing on anticipation, what's happening is I am playing more of a game of catchup up, to where I am mentally saying "now go to here" while my hands are actually moving to the next position, if I had the song entirely memorized, these little mental micro debates wouldn't take place.

It's not a hard little solo, and I'm confident I'll have it soon.

It's not as bad this morning, yesterday I was very frustrated.

I call this version, Pentatonic Less Crappy...

[attachment=31773:Pentaton...s_Crappy.mp3]

This post has been edited by Spock: May 7 2013, 11:31 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2013, 07:44 AM
Instructor
Hey again mate smile.gif It is a bit better, but I think that your guitar is a bit out of tune. Somehow, I feel the bends should be there, but they are not all in pitch. The vibrato should be wider, as well - focus on these things please. And you know what? Why not send a slower version smile.gif Focus on the important aspects but send a slower version - against a metronome click smile.gif What do you say?

+Quote Post
Spock
May 8 2013, 10:36 AM
It was a little out of tune. I'm not sure how to slow it down with a backing track that is audio. Is that feature offered in Guitar Pro? I have wanted that feature for a long time. I'm using Logic and to my knowledge, I can easily change the BPM but that does not actually slow down the backing track with it, but I will look into that today and repost as you suggested.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2013, 01:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ May 8 2013, 09:36 AM) *
It was a little out of tune. I'm not sure how to slow it down with a backing track that is audio. Is that feature offered in Guitar Pro? I have wanted that feature for a long time. I'm using Logic and to my knowledge, I can easily change the BPM but that does not actually slow down the backing track with it, but I will look into that today and repost as you suggested.

Hey mate - it would be even greater if you could post the next take without the backing track - just with a click track which you can setup in logic. In that way, you will prove to yourself that you REALLY know the parts. Trust me wink.gif It's gonna help loads!

+Quote Post
Spock
May 8 2013, 01:26 PM
Will do

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2013, 01:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ May 8 2013, 12:26 PM) *
Will do

Awesome smile.gif I will make a little vid for ya, regarding this idea, ok? Got some thoughts and I am lazy when it comes down to typing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 9 2013, 03:57 PM
Instructor
Here we go:

+Quote Post
Spock
May 10 2013, 08:56 AM
You bet man, I'll do it.

Not a set back at all, I am really new to solos somewhat. I've always considered myself more of a heavy rhythm player, but that is mainly because in my old bands, back in early 2000s, we didn't play many songs that had solos - there were a few but new metal was "IN" an leads at the time were almost looked at as cliche. I played a few, but nothing like what I'm attempting now.

This post has been edited by Spock: May 10 2013, 08:57 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 11 2013, 06:54 AM
Instructor
Well, no biggie mate - everything can be learned smile.gif All you need is patience focus and determination wink.gif

Hit me up when you got something!

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 30 2013, 04:49 AM
Hey Cosmin,

Just wanted to let you know I finally had surgery today to fix the pain I've had in my arms and shoulder, which were really aggravated when playing guitar. They replaced 2 discs in my neck, replaced with plastic, took out some bone spurs and fused it all together. AS SOON AS I WOKE UP I could tell the pain and numbness in my arm were gone, even when I let the pain medication wear totally off - this was very exciting to me!

I still have severe pain in my shoulders and neck, but that is post-op pain, which will fade. Anyway, I'm hoping this really helps my incentive to practice more. Been going through this mess for a long time.

Peace!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:11 PM