2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Dream Theater, Systematic Chaos
Pavel
Jun 9 2007, 05:54 PM
Instructor
Dominici was a supporting band to Dream Theater on the show i saw. And i must say it totally sucks. The music is heavily COPIED from DT and he can't sing at all.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 9 2007, 07:10 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Octavarium is a classic DT Track, but Images And Words, Scenes From A Memory are THE Classic DT Albums

@Pavel: Yeah that kinda reminds me when Thomen Stauch left Blind Guardian and Started Savage Circus, And they rip-off Blind Guardian left and right, they have some original stuff, but the guitar tone is quite obviously stolen from Marcus and Andre.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jun 9 2007, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 9 2007, 08:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 9 2007, 08:10 PM) *
@Pavel: Yeah that kinda reminds me when Thomen Stauch left Blind Guardian and Started Savage Circus, And they rip-off Blind Guardian left and right, they have some original stuff, but the guitar tone is quite obviously stolen from Marcus and Andre.

Didn't know Thomen started his own project.
Well, Dominici was just stealing pieces of Dream Theater - not only the style - but the exact pieces of the songs!
And he's just screaming in the damn microphone so it sucked big time!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jun 9 2007, 08:31 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 9 2007, 09:49 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 9 2007, 06:16 PM) *
So im the only one loves Octavarium? smile.gif

You're not completely alone tongue.gif I keep Octavarium high on my charts. These Walls is one of their best songs ever... omfg what a piece that is ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Jun 9 2007, 10:05 PM
GMC:er
I do enjoy the new album, especially "In The Presence of Enemies" parts 1 and 2, but my favorite DT albums would have to be "Images and Words" (no surprise here biggrin.gif ) and "Train of Thought" (love the fact that it's heavy and technical at the same time).

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 9 2007, 10:37 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 9 2007, 03:31 PM) *
Didn't know Thomen started his own project.
Well, Dominici was just stealing pieces of Dream Theater - not only the style - but the exact pieces of the songs!
And he's just screaming in the damn microphone so it sucked big time!

Man, im kinda hesitant about purchasing his solo album now, i dont want to drop $17 for a dream theater knock off when i could spend $17 for Dream Theater themselves.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2007, 09:59 PM
Instructor
Scenes from a memory is for me the best album od DT! I wasted this cd... listening to it day by day. I also like Awake very much and talking about the lasts albums I find Train of thoughts interesting.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
misterj
Jun 15 2007, 07:46 PM
GMC:er
i recently bought my first dt album. images and words. i dug it so much that i'm about to buy another. what does everybody think it should be? it seems that scenes from a memory is the most popular. when trying out a new artist, it helps when someone knows their best stuff.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 15 2007, 07:51 PM
Instructor
Scenes From The Memory is their best stuff in my opinion! I'm not a big fan of DT but Scenes From The Memory is a killer album! And then Train Of Thought is also very very good one!

Edit: I see Gabriel and i agree in many things hehehehe

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jun 15 2007, 07:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:50 AM