2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Wrist Ache, another of these topics
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 2 2008, 03:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Nov 1 2008, 08:22 PM) *
I hope your tips bout anchoring are gonna help me tongue.gif

I hope so too mate, really, if that is the problem.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 2 2008, 08:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hehe, thanks biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
jdriver
Nov 2 2008, 09:15 PM
GMC:er
I would strongly urge you see a real physical therapist. Take your guitar with you and demonstrate your playing position and where it hurts. Physical therapists are magicians when it comes to this kind of thing. They can provide stretching and warm up exercises for the type of motion you need.

You are lucky you are young and heal quickly. When my tennis elbow flares up (from gripping/lifting with outstretched arm), it takes 6 months of being very careful to get it to go away.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 5 2008, 04:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Nov 1 2008, 09:11 PM) *
sounds like median tunnel...let me ask you this, do u lean on the back of your elbow a lot? I couldnt play for a while because it fewlt my wrist was bruised and my spped was slowly fading. It was because of tendonitis and median/carpal tunnel.

leening on your elbow?? Nopz

You mean like when your elbow is on the table and your hand supports your head. Fcourse I do that, but not a lot tongue.gif

QUOTE (jdriver @ Nov 2 2008, 09:15 PM) *
I would strongly urge you see a real physical therapist. Take your guitar with you and demonstrate your playing position and where it hurts. Physical therapists are magicians when it comes to this kind of thing. They can provide stretching and warm up exercises for the type of motion you need.

You are lucky you are young and heal quickly. When my tennis elbow flares up (from gripping/lifting with outstretched arm), it takes 6 months of being very careful to get it to go away.

Sorry, but I'm not going to a Physical therapist! My mom has a tennis elbow, and I know what I have isn't even close to it tongue.gif I doesn't hurt when just doing nothing. Only when making sideways movements.

Ivan told me my picking motion was incorrect. I anchor my hand and then pick mosty using my thumb and index finger. This could be it!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 8 2008, 11:13 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok... Maybe I'm going to see a therapist. My wrist doesn't seem to heal, it even got slightly worst... And I haven't played any electric guitar for a week!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:52 AM