4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
40 Power Metal Bands
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 7 2013, 08:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Nov 6 2013, 04:28 PM) *
Been a while since i last wrote in this thread so i thought i would give you an update on my progress.

I am mainly focusing on the sweep picking in the dragonforce part. I can play it at 100 bpm at the moment.

I am also trying to work on the trickier parts in the lesson so that i can play them better. Other then that its not much to tell.

Hey Ize smile.gif isolating the difficult parts and getting them up to speed as well as polishing the articulation elements present in the context is always a good approach wink.gif Keep at it and let us know when it's good to go - maybe even record those parts exclusively?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Nov 10 2013, 03:30 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Ok here is my attempt at 150bpm. There are 39 bands covered and I messed up the last one as usual tongue.gif Other than that also there are mess ups here and there. I will learn the last section tomorrow and practice the whole thing at 150 bpm for the whole week and then next weekend I should post something better smile.gif
Attached File  40_metal_bands.mp3 ( 18.13MB ) Number of downloads: 120

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2013, 02:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Nov 10 2013, 11:30 AM) *
Ok here is my attempt at 150bpm. There are 39 bands covered and I messed up the last one as usual tongue.gif Other than that also there are mess ups here and there. I will learn the last section tomorrow and practice the whole thing at 150 bpm for the whole week and then next weekend I should post something better smile.gif
Attached File  40_metal_bands.mp3 ( 18.13MB ) Number of downloads: 120

Hi mate! I got this one. It's great to see you working hard! I will give you feedback on 12th when I'm back home.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 11 2013, 10:24 AM
Instructor
Hey Mert smile.gif

Gave things a listen and I honestly think that the real obstacle here is not the technical side of things, but the length of the whole thing - I noticed the hickups and I know you know them too biggrin.gif But this is more of a mental challenge in my opinion, because things sound great in a proportion of 95%

It will probably take some time to bring this to perfection due to heavy focusing, but I think you are up to the challenge! Let's see what Gabe says biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Nov 11 2013, 09:04 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,
Thanks for the thoughts smile.gif you are absolutely right. The whole piece is so long, at some point it is almost impossible not to make a mistake smile.gif But well we will see.. I learned the last section as well so now I can play the whole thing. I will practice this week and lets see how it is by the end of the week..

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 11 2013, 09:24 AM) *
Hey Mert smile.gif

Gave things a listen and I honestly think that the real obstacle here is not the technical side of things, but the length of the whole thing - I noticed the hickups and I know you know them too biggrin.gif But this is more of a mental challenge in my opinion, because things sound great in a proportion of 95%

It will probably take some time to bring this to perfection due to heavy focusing, but I think you are up to the challenge! Let's see what Gabe says biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 12 2013, 12:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Nov 11 2013, 08:04 PM) *
Hey Cosmin,
Thanks for the thoughts smile.gif you are absolutely right. The whole piece is so long, at some point it is almost impossible not to make a mistake smile.gif But well we will see.. I learned the last section as well so now I can play the whole thing. I will practice this week and lets see how it is by the end of the week..

Great mate biggrin.gif Let's see a complete version and try to focus on anticipating the parts or you can even write down a structure that you can have in front of you while recording - something that will remind you of the places where you have to pay more attention..? I did that with the Pantera songs and at some point, I got it memorized and I didn't need he paper anymore smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2013, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I could hear the whole thing now and I can say that I agree 100% with Cosmin. You don't seem to have important techniques limitations but there are parts that aren't tight and some wrong notes. I think that it's something that will disappear once you can anticipate the parts enough and the best way to do this would be to divide the whole thing in blocks... I was thinking on 3 big parts and loop them. That's how it worked for me. Once you are very familiar with each of the 3 blocks, it will be easier to play the whole thing.

That's my suggestion but you can keep on working on your way because you are getting good results and I think that you are getting closer and closer. Well done!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 13 2013, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Now that we know Gabe thinks the same, it's clear that you are on the good way smile.gif Keep at it and let us know wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2013, 01:34 PM
Instructor
I wonder about Superize! It's been a while since he posted at this thread. I'll send him a PM to know about his progress. smile.gif

QUOTE (superize @ Nov 6 2013, 01:28 PM) *
Been a while since i last wrote in this thread so i thought i would give you an update on my progress.

I am mainly focusing on the sweep picking in the dragonforce part. I can play it at 100 bpm at the moment.

I am also trying to work on the trickier parts in the lesson so that i can play them better. Other then that its not much to tell.

hehe I missed this post while I was out. Great to hear from you mate. Keep us updated!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Nov 16 2013, 11:56 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Ok here is another take. Still at 150 bpm and still far from perfect. I messed it up pretty badly in a couple of places in this take...I am able to play it at full tempo but I haven't recorded that yet. I also practice using Cosmin's suggestion, playing up to tempo along with Gabs original take. It is going fine.. I think in a month or so with practicing like I am now I should be ready for a rec take, fingers crossed biggrin.gif
Here it is
Attached File  40_metal_bands.mp3 ( 19.24MB ) Number of downloads: 161

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Nov 17 2013, 11:44 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Me again smile.gif I decided to record it at full tempo this time. It is interesting but I find it easier to play it at 160bpm than 150bpm. Somehow 160bpm feels just right.. Anyway, here it is, my first take on full speed.
Attached File  40_metal_bands.mp3 ( 18.05MB ) Number of downloads: 62

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2013, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Holy c...p man biggrin.gif This sounds great! Hehehe, I can barely spot mistakes, so in general, I think it's a great job - towards the middle, there was a portion which sounded a bit rigid, otherwise, not much to complain about biggrin.gif

As stated before, this is not easy, as it's a lot of stuff to remember!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2013, 06:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Nov 17 2013, 07:44 AM) *
Me again smile.gif I decided to record it at full tempo this time. It is interesting but I find it easier to play it at 160bpm than 150bpm. Somehow 160bpm feels just right.. Anyway, here it is, my first take on full speed.
Attached File  40_metal_bands.mp3 ( 18.05MB ) Number of downloads: 62

hehehe I'm impressed mate! You've reached the normal tempo of this and I'm feeling VERY proud!! There are some details to improve yet but you entered into the countdown to REC. The most notorius parts are the Sweeps in Rhapsody and Dragonforce so take these parts and practice them as a loop and keep on playing the whole thing every day. I'm sure that we will have a REC take soon.

I'm smiling while I listen to it again. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Nov 17 2013, 07:14 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Thanks Cosmin and Gab for the comments smile.gif I have been practicing this hard, mainly because I really enjoy it. I also got to know so many bands due to this lesson whose names I have never heard of before. About the sweeps, it is really difficult. Sometimes I do them very well but most of the time not well. I am practicing. I will practice this coming week at full tempo and see what happens. Today was the first time I recorded at full speed.. I also feel like a REC take is coming soon smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2013, 07:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Nov 17 2013, 03:14 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin and Gab for the comments smile.gif I have been practicing this hard, mainly because I really enjoy it. I also got to know so many bands due to this lesson whose names I have never heard of before. About the sweeps, it is really difficult. Sometimes I do them very well but most of the time not well. I am practicing. I will practice this coming week at full tempo and see what happens. Today was the first time I recorded at full speed.. I also feel like a REC take is coming soon smile.gif

This sounds great mate. Thanks a lot for letting us follow this amazing journey of mastering this lesson. I would also try some practice at faster tempo, maybe this could make you feel even more comfortable with the normal tempo.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2013, 01:18 PM
Instructor
Exactly! Gabe pointed out a technique which works wonders when you have to overcome a plateau in speed. If you can bump the tempo to 165 and play the whole thing - even with some mistakes. Back at 160 - things will appear a bit more relaxed wink.gif Try it and let us know!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Nov 19 2013, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Nov 28 2013, 08:35 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey guys smile.gif I couldn't practice last week so much but this week I am back on track again. Here is an update on how I am doing. It has random mess ups here and there again but I think they are getting less and less..
Attached File  40_metal_bands.mp3 ( 18.05MB ) Number of downloads: 61

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 29 2013, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Hey Mert! Looks like you are slowly getting there wink.gif I also think you know where the glitches are, so focus and anticipation are the only things which will make the difference here, because you can play this one smile.gif

Now, another thing which I would like to suggest would be to focus on the longer notes as well - this is a technically challenging lesson, but there are sequences which feature lengthier note span where you should put as much effort as in the fast passages. I think we had this talk a while longer if I remember correctly and I will once again stress out the importance of being a balanced player. Playing fast and technical will not weigh much, if when you play a longer note you will sound shaky and not consistent. It is not the case for things to be THAT bad so don't worry, but I was just making sure that you haven't left this on the side wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2013, 03:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Nov 28 2013, 04:35 PM) *
Hey guys smile.gif I couldn't practice last week so much but this week I am back on track again. Here is an update on how I am doing. It has random mess ups here and there again but I think they are getting less and less..
Attached File  40_metal_bands.mp3 ( 18.05MB ) Number of downloads: 61

So awesome! You are getting closer every week. I must confess that as soon as I put played I thought that it was my version. smile.gif You got the same tone, are you using my Pod Patch? You surely can note the technical issues that still appear on it it so it's not necessary to mark them. Just keep on practicing this one, and as I said previously, isolate the trickier parts to be able to play it as a loop and master them.

Can't wait to see this take at REC, it will be a very important event for GMC. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Nov 30 2013, 04:00 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Ok here is my first video smile.gif From now on I will post my video takes here and once you guys think it is good enough to post in REC I will do that.. So, here we go.. Let me know what you think smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:16 AM