Darkness Falls
Ryan
Jun 7 2007, 03:36 AM
GMC:er
Ok heres another 1 of my posts tongue.gif, its still about hte same length as the others..but its not just some licks...its gonna be an actual song of mine...I call it "Darkness Falls", and I call it that because when darkness falls....NIGHTTIME..tongue.gif...its a very calm..and mellowish..quiet kinda creepyyy...all in 1....just listen tot he song..and youll understand what i mean..but its a rough draft for now...another 1 of my many project songs lol......

Rock On!!!

p.s. Sorry for the mess ups..lol..i just made it like 30 mins ago haha...only a couple..nothing DRAMATCIALLY BAD biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Darkness_Falls_Rough_Draft.avi ( 17.82MB ) Number of downloads: 187

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
fkalich
Jun 7 2007, 06:58 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 6 2007, 09:36 PM) *
Ok heres another 1 of my posts tongue.gif, its still about hte same length as the others..but its not just some licks...its gonna be an actual song of mine...I call it "Darkness Falls", and I call it that because when darkness falls....NIGHTTIME..tongue.gif...its a very calm..and mellowish..quiet kinda creepyyy...all in 1....just listen tot he song..and youll understand what i mean..but its a rough draft for now...another 1 of my many project songs lol......

Rock On!!!

p.s. Sorry for the mess ups..lol..i just made it like 30 mins ago haha...only a couple..nothing DRAMATCIALLY BAD biggrin.gif

not bad.

i was playing today. thought it sounded like crap, what i was doing. i turned on echo and modulation, then it sounded good. hmmmmmm. i thought "what good is that doing me". so i turned off the echo and modulation, and worked for several hours. at the end it was really pretty good. i was happy with my play. my sweeps are starting to sound professional. i just alternated between playing Clapton's Crossroads and Canon Rock, nothing else, with a METRONOME. backing tracks hold you back also. fun, but they hold you back. just kept working without effects, with the metronome till it all got better. the effects really are nice, butttttttttttt, they hold you back terribly in your development, without them it is all up to your fingers, you want perfect vibrato and legato, you have to make it yourself. then after that, if you turn on the echo and modulation, it is not only cool, it is super duper cool.

check out this stuff called "O'Keeffe's Working Hands". It is a cream. I got it at Ace. It is designed for people who work with their hands, whose hands crack from the elements. I think it really toughens your finger tips. It costs about $8, but it will last a long time, since i just put it on my finger tips.

edit: oh, based on your recording.....well have you listened to the Eric Johnson lesson? And Eric Johnson?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 7 2007, 07:09 AM

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 7 2007, 07:14 AM
actually no i havent..and all i did for the song was turn down my treble..turn my voice down..and turned by reverb up..nothing else...it just kinda went with the song.....a lot of the times i use very little reverb..but this song..just kinda popped more out to me..with the reverb..fully up......but its anohter work in progress tongue.gif

and my sweeps well...there good i guess...not the ones i did on this 1..becuase i those were just idfferent patterns that i really didnt use i just made htat up..30 mins before i did the recording..but well i just have muting problems..nothing else.......thx for the comment..lol..i usually dont get comments...ahah..o well...idc what ppl say.im just here to make music..and share it...the making music is the harder part.hmm maybe i shoudl actually finish a song lol...that sounds like a great idea to me lol!!!

edit: i just watched eric johnson's lesson..on the koto technique..simply amazing.i was tyring that the other day..not knowing it was a technique..wondering if i could fret with my right hand..and pick and the same time..and then..bend witht he left hand...on the left side of my righ thand...its a very cool technique..we should have a lesson on that......

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jun 7 2007, 07:52 AM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:12 AM