A Great Way To Grow On Guitar!
Déjà vu
Aug 10 2008, 10:57 PM
GMC:er
A great way to grow on guitar... Is by not playing at all!!! I feel that I've spent every day this past summer noodling all day, every day... Well, I babysat my cousins last night and I decided NOT to bring my guitar ohmy.gif !!! I didn't feel I was wasting time (even though we were just playing video games the whole time smile.gif ). Anyways, I feel I've had time to "de-stress" and get motivation in a new way I would've never gone about. I felt I could never be without my guitar not getting sloppy or slow... But, I don't even care if I get a little rusty, because with the motivation I have now I will soon work back to my normal level and have a better chance of exceeding from where I've left off!

A little comparison...

I always use to play Mario games, and the more I played them it just became pure hand-to-eye coordination (without even thinking of what I was doing). I haven't played Mario for years, but I just did (at my cousin's house). When I played I was actually thinking and a making short/smart decisions. In a result, I was a lot better than I ever was! Because, I still new the necessary techniques like jumping, swinging, etc. But, I wasn't so much of a vegetable. I did have to get use to movements (controls), but that didn't take very long at all. The point is, I find that this relates to guitar (and a most other things as well). So, when I took my break from guitar I didn't feel like a zombie playing the same boring licks, riffs, scale&chords, and songs over and over... and over... again... mellow.gif

So, I decided to make a post for all people who are skeptical about NOT playing guitar. But, they seem to feel a lack in motivation. So, If my advice is helpful to at least one person... I will be more than happy biggrin.gif .

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:05 AM