Alternate Picking Exercises
Victor Simion
Aug 15 2020, 02:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Practicing some alternate picking exercises at slow speed.
This is slow speed for me.

Let me know if I can speed it up.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2020, 05:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Victor! Good job here!

Yes, you can increase gradually speed. I recommend you to add 5/10 bpm each time, and always make your hands movements the smaller possible, and try to relax your picking hand.

And also be careful with timing. Your triplets here are ok, but there is room to make them sound tighter.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Aug 15 2020, 08:09 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 15 2020, 04:35 PM) *
Hi Victor! Good job here!

Yes, you can increase gradually speed. I recommend you to add 5/10 bpm each time, and always make your hands movements the smaller possible, and try to relax your picking hand.

And also be careful with timing. Your triplets here are ok, but there is room to make them sound tighter.

Yes, I listened to the recording again after I uploaded and I noticed that I am not landing on the metronome click each time.
I think I will keep practicing and then I will post more takes.

I am trying to make my hand movements smaller but this is the best I can do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 15 2020, 11:00 PM
GMC:er
You are drifting from the click a little bit to be sure. I think you have a good handle on the lick itself. To tie each strike to a click, just add more clicks. It can make it easier to hear one than trying to count and play in a gap between clicks smile.gif

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Aug 15 2020, 03:09 PM) *
Yes, I listened to the recording again after I uploaded and I noticed that I am not landing on the metronome click each time.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Aug 16 2020, 07:39 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 15 2020, 10:00 PM) *
You are drifting from the click a little bit to be sure. I think you have a good handle on the lick itself. To tie each strike to a click, just add more clicks. It can make it easier to hear one than trying to count and play in a gap between clicks smile.gif

Yes, this will help me keep a good timing.

But I want to be able to do you like that also (with less clicks).

If I am able to play it on time with less clicks doesn't that mean that I have a greater sense of timing?
And also I can speed it up easier without hearing too many clicks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 16 2020, 08:01 AM
GMC:er
That will come with time and repetition of course smile.gif When you get there, you will be able to go with a single click for every four beats and you won't miss the other clicks. At that point you will have your "INTERNAL METRONOME" and won't really need the external one very much. It just takes some doing. So start with more clicks and over time, reduce the number you use smile.gif

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Aug 16 2020, 02:39 AM) *
Yes, this will help me keep a good timing.

But I want to be able to do you like that also (with less clicks).

If I am able to play it on time with less clicks doesn't that mean that I have a greater sense of timing?
And also I can speed it up easier without hearing too many clicks.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2020, 09:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Aug 15 2020, 04:09 PM) *

Just have it in mind, and your movements will become smaller with the pass of days. You need time to get used and comfortable with it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:23 AM