New Steven Wilson Band
David.C.Bond
Feb 12 2013, 12:56 PM
GMC:er
This might have come up before but what are your thoughts on the new Steven Wilson band:

Youtube

I'd be interested to hear more since that track is very Porcupine Tree, and I'd like to see the other musicians bring their voices to it a bit more. But stupidly awesome song nonetheless!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2013, 01:05 PM
Instructor
Steven is a very talented musician, and I like most of this music! This track is cool too. I read a recent interview by him where he says that the difference between this album and his previous solo albums is that all the songs are played by the same musicians and that he composed the music thinking on them as the players. I'm anxious to hear the full album.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Feb 13 2013, 08:26 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Quite a somber mood to this track, especially with the video. Really refreshing to see a video done like this. Only 6 tracks on the new album but they are all long in duration. Look forward to hearing the rest now.

I thought the last Steven WIlson 'Grace For Drowning' was a departure from the Porcupine Tree sound. Much more experimental/jazzy... still very good and interesting, just didn't grab me as much as most PT albums.

Anyone get into the Storm Corrosion album with Wilson/Mikael Akerfeldt?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 13 2013, 09:05 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Feb 12 2013, 12:56 PM) *
This might have come up before but what are your thoughts on the new Steven Wilson band:

Youtube

I'd be interested to hear more since that track is very Porcupine Tree, and I'd like to see the other musicians bring their voices to it a bit more. But stupidly awesome song nonetheless!

This is a beautiful song, and the orchestration is amazing.

I'll be very curious to hear Guthrie Govan playing guitar on this SW album!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Feb 13 2013, 06:09 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 13 2013, 08:05 AM) *
I'll be very curious to hear Guthrie Govan playing guitar on this SW album!

I completely forgot that Guthrie Govan was collaborating with Steven Wilson!

Very intriguing. The whole concept with the Victorian ghost stories seems cool too.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:57 PM