> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

E Minor Lesson Response
Smackdonkey
Aug 27 2007, 02:52 PM
GMC:er
Here I have my response to your new lesson, I was happy to hear that you want to hear your students creations, and not just put a lesson out and forget about us ! You are also my favorite instructor on here ( others are good too ! ).

I made this song using the same ideas as you have provided but with some twists in the basic driving melody, for this lesson I stuck in the e minor pentatonic basic shape.

It took my quite some time to program the drums and bass correctly for rhythm and im still unsure if they could be better !

One question I would have is how you make your bass and backingtrack, i use virtual bass (steinberg) and a DXI drummer (toontrack ezdrummer ). I program all the elements myself, and that is painstaking ! ( I just want to jam my guitar not be a computer monkey too much).

Well that was about 4-5 hours work for me to mix properly ( guitar parts where very quick and easy ! ) and I hope you approve, I would appreciate any suggestions / comments.

Thanx for a great lesson, I really had fun with this one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  WynandRock.mp3 ( 1.4MB ) Number of downloads: 403

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Layzer
Aug 28 2007, 03:41 AM
nice....very Gabrielesque....which is good!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 28 2007, 04:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smackdonkey @ Aug 27 2007, 10:52 AM) *
Here I have my response to your new lesson, I was happy to hear that you want to hear your students creations, and not just put a lesson out and forget about us ! You are also my favorite instructor on here ( others are good too ! ).

I made this song using the same ideas as you have provided but with some twists in the basic driving melody, for this lesson I stuck in the e minor pentatonic basic shape.

It took my quite some time to program the drums and bass correctly for rhythm and im still unsure if they could be better !

One question I would have is how you make your bass and backingtrack, i use virtual bass (steinberg) and a DXI drummer (toontrack ezdrummer ). I program all the elements myself, and that is painstaking ! ( I just want to jam my guitar not be a computer monkey too much).

Well that was about 4-5 hours work for me to mix properly ( guitar parts where very quick and easy ! ) and I hope you approve, I would appreciate any suggestions / comments.

Thanx for a great lesson, I really had fun with this one.

Hey Man!! There are great ideas there! smile.gif Keep on working on it... It sound like if it were a GMC lesson, no it would be great if you try to give it the structure of a song.

I use Reason and Nuendo to record my backing tracks and guitar. The sound of you mp3 is good and the mix is ok. You will find an improvement in recording and mixing if you continue recording your song ideas. It's very important to practice. wink.gif

Keep em coming!

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Smackdonkey
Aug 28 2007, 09:31 AM
Wow thankyou for positive feedback, this is first time for me to share a recording to anyone and was scary to submit to someone so good as you (and to all on gmc forum) ! ( I though everyone will laugh so hard at me ).

I believe you are right with the mixing, its coming along, the hard part for me is learning to make good bass and drum riffs but learning alot. Ye structure is still lacking, this will change Im working hard it and will make you proud on some of your lessons soon !

Thanx for comments and lesson !

Wynand

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Aug 28 2007, 10:14 AM
QUOTE (Smackdonkey @ Aug 28 2007, 04:31 AM) *
Wow thankyou for positive feedback, this is first time for me to share a recording to anyone and was scary to submit to someone so good as you (and to all on gmc forum) ! ( I though everyone will laugh so hard at me ).

I believe you are right with the mixing, its coming along, the hard part for me is learning to make good bass and drum riffs but learning alot. Ye structure is still lacking, this will change Im working hard it and will make you proud on some of your lessons soon !

Thanx for comments and lesson !

Wynand

Your base chords reminded me instantly of the band UFO, and your lead threw memories of Jimi himself....great work SD. It rocked

+Quote Post
Smackdonkey
Aug 28 2007, 10:42 AM
Travelin man : wow what an AWESOME complement you give me, *blush*.

Haha Im so happy that SOMEBODY actualy likes what I do .. been playing in basement for few years and everybody juts laughs, so im greatfull to hear that comparison.

I love jimi ( the comparison put me over the moon man, wow thanx ), I never heard UFO .. cept for that 1 / 2 famous songs, so i guess I stumbled on the bass ! ( the bass follows the main riff mostly few octaves below, but didnt do too much special to it ! ).

You guys rock ! thanx for the feedback and listening !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:04 PM