11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Rock Ballad Style Collaboration - Video Comments, Emir's first student collaboration
Emir Hot
Jan 30 2009, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Mix for group 3 has just been uploaded. I can't sort these attachments in the post so this last mp3 file is now after Strat's video file smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 30 2009, 10:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm a little bit curious. What is the upload limit of the instructors? This is quite a large amount of megabytes already.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 30 2009, 11:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 30 2009, 09:38 AM) *
I'm a little bit curious. What is the upload limit of the instructors? This is quite a large amount of megabytes already.

About 500mb but per each post edit. Every time I upload it tells me I have 500mb left so it's ok. I've been talking to Kristofer recently about this. Next time I will upload to youtube and embed videos here so GMC server has less files on it. We will create separate youtube account for that. This time it's ok to make it this way so I can test how it works and for the next one I can organise these videos a bit better.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 30 2009, 11:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
Arh, I see. Yes, youtube embedded videos would definately be just as good a way if not better to do this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 30 2009, 11:48 AM
GMC:er
I can't wait for my video smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 30 2009, 12:09 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 30 2009, 09:38 AM) *

I think the collaboration board is set the same way as the Student Instructor board, the uploads that you put in here dont count towards your upload entitlement smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 30 2009, 12:40 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm well impressed with this collab some great playing and perhaps more imporantly Emir took the time to give personal video feedback on everyones takes which is a great touch.

Not been through all the comments but I'm sure there is something for everyone to gather hints and tips for their improvisation.

Great work Emir cool.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 30 2009, 01:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jan 30 2009, 11:40 AM) *
I'm well impressed with this collab some great playing and perhaps more imporantly Emir took the time to give personal video feedback on everyones takes which is a great touch.

Not been through all the comments but I'm sure there is something for everyone to gather hints and tips for their improvisation.

Great work Emir cool.gif

Cheers mate smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 30 2009, 01:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
biggrin.gif - That's an accurate representation of my face after watching your video response!

Great tips Emir, really personalised and extremely usefull. I will most certainly take full advantage of your tips in future recordings, I have Adobe Audition which I'm sure has the same features. I've always thought it would sound bad mixing two takes, but you made it clear thats not the case!

Thanks for your comments on my take too, really pleased you liked it. That movement to the bend higher up the frets really did cause me some problems, so spot on there! That was the bit I was least happy with and now with the recording tips I should be able to counter these problems.

Looking forward to the next collab, and lots of respect again for taking the time to make these video responses for us man.

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 30 2009, 01:38 PM
Hey Emir! You need to get a hat cam for showing the screen! biggrin.gif

BTW: Is that Amplitube you are using?

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 30 2009, 01:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Jan 30 2009, 12:32 PM) *
biggrin.gif - That's an accurate representation of my face after watching your video response!

Great tips Emir, really personalised and extremely usefull. I will most certainly take full advantage of your tips in future recordings, I have Adobe Audition which I'm sure has the same features. I've always thought it would sound bad mixing two takes, but you made it clear thats not the case!

Thanks for your comments on my take too, really pleased you liked it. That movement to the bend higher up the frets really did cause me some problems, so spot on there! That was the bit I was least happy with and now with the recording tips I should be able to counter these problems.

Looking forward to the next collab, and lots of respect again for taking the time to make these video responses for us man.

Cheers smile.gif

Cheers bro, I think your take was really good. Very nice ideas for a solo

QUOTE (Toroso @ Jan 30 2009, 12:38 PM) *
Hey Emir! You need to get a hat cam for showing the screen! biggrin.gif

BTW: Is that Amplitube you are using?

My graphic card can't wotk on 50Hz so showing the computer screen this way is not the right way but I hope it helped.

Yes it is Amplitube 2, great thing for home recording.

Caelumamittendum is uploaded smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 30 2009, 01:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the comments! Listening now (at work) (have to watch out for my boss now...)

I will reply later on! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 30 2009, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I am eagerly waiting for my tur

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 30 2009, 02:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Jan 30 2009, 01:03 PM) *
I am eagerly waiting for my tur

I think I'll have a lunch break before your one smile.gif Expect it in 5 or 6 hours. Sorry but there is a hell of a lot of work here smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 30 2009, 02:18 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 30 2009, 02:10 PM) *
I think I'll have a lunch break before your one smile.gif Expect it in 5 or 6 hours. Sorry but there is a hell of a lot of work here smile.gif

what am i going to do untill then....... ohmy.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 30 2009, 02:31 PM
Is it me or am I the one with the worst take so far? laugh.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 30 2009, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 30 2009, 02:31 PM) *
Is it me or am I the one with the worst take so far? laugh.gif

Relax we havent come to mine yet wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 30 2009, 02:32 PM
Both of you have no chances... with mine smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 30 2009, 02:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks!! Ztevie, yours is really cool!

UPDATE: Wrk, your solo could be fitted in a big hit song tongue.gif It sounds very profesional and well composed!

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Jan 30 2009, 02:56 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
ztevie
Jan 30 2009, 03:51 PM
Oh, thanks Kaznie! However, I know Emir will bring the big axe and do some serious woodchopping! laugh.gif Which is ok, I myself know at least 4 issues with this solo that could have been better/different...

I must say, everyone did a really good job on this collab, very nice to hear which experience everyone has also? I mean, I get very impressed to hear someone who played guitar only 1 year, play stuff I wouldn't have dreamed of playing after 1 year.
It gives another dimension listening to each ones contribution, when you know their background...

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:54 PM