Charvel Signature Models For Guthrie Govan And Rick Graham
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 8 2021, 05:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/charvel-n...an-rick-graham/

Charvel has launched two new electric guitar signature models, one for Guthrie Govan and one for Rick Graham.

Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas SD24 CM, Three-Tone Sunburst

Charvel's new Guthrie Govan signature
This San Dimas guitar features a basswood body, an ash top and a neck-plate-free heel with a dramatic contour for easy access to all 24 jumbo stainless steel frets. The maple neck has been “caramelised”, and reinforced with graphite and finished in satin for stability and speedy playing. There’s also a heel-mounted easy-access truss rod wheel. The maple fretboard sports a 12-16 inch radius, with Luminlay side dots.

Electronics include an HSH set of specially-wound Charvel pickup, controlled by a five-way blade switch. There’s also a two-way mini-toggle switch to engage single-coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions.

Hardware includes a Charvel locking vibrato bridge with pop-in tremolo arm and brass block, Gotoh die-cast locking tuners and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut.

The guitar will be available in October 2021 in Three-Colour Sunburst, and lists for $2,599.99 / £2,299 / €2,599.

Rick Graham Signature MJ DK24 2PT CM

Charvel's new Rick Graham signature

This guitar bears a Dinky body shape, made from basswood with a “caramelised” bolt-on maple neck reinforced with graphite and finished in satin. There’s a sculpted heel and a scalloped lower back bout for easy access to all 24 jumbo stainless steel frets.

Electronics consist of a Custom Rick Graham Bare Knuckle HSS pickup set, while hardware includes a Gotoh Custom 510 recessed tremolo bridge, Gotoh die-cast locking tuners and a bevelled output jack.

The guitar will be available in September 2021, and Lists for $2,699.99 / £2,499 / €2,799.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2021, 05:36 PM
GMC:er
Great minds think alike smile.gif I posted this about an hour ago. Yours has more detail so I think I like yours better smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry790616

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 8 2021, 05:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Oh, I totally missed that! Sorry, we can delete this topic if you want to. I must have not have updated the page before I posted this. Sometimes I sit on sites for a long time without updating smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2021, 09:59 PM
No worries at all. The more posts the better imho. Yours has a lot more detail also. Did you see MISHAS new sig axe? How close it looks to RICKS new sig axe?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 8 2021, 12:42 PM) *
Oh, I totally missed that! Sorry, we can delete this topic if you want to. I must have not have updated the page before I posted this. Sometimes I sit on sites for a long time without updating smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 8 2021, 10:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 8 2021, 10:59 PM) *
No worries at all. The more posts the better imho. Yours has a lot more detail also. Did you see MISHAS new sig axe? How close it looks to RICKS new sig axe?

Just seen it now. That looks very similar!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2021, 10:14 PM
It's certainly a far cry from the previous MISHA jackson sig axe isn't it? That was a more METAL HEAD type of 7 string guitar, complete with his custom high gain pups and an Evertune bridge, that you'd expect from the guy in PERIPHERY. Then bam, he specs an HSS strat. Hehehe smile.gif I'm not knocking him or it, just find it all amusing.

Here he is talking about both of his signature jackson models.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 8 2021, 05:00 PM) *
Just seen it now. That looks very similar!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2021, 07:29 PM
Instructor
I'm never interested in Signture guitars, but I have to say that I love how Charvel guitars look nowadays. I've tried this one some time ago and I loved it.

Attached Image

Do you have any experience with this brand?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 10 2021, 08:24 PM
That guitar looks great on you Gabe!!! that one fits you just right. How did it play?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 10 2021, 02:29 PM) *
I'm never interested in Signture guitars, but I have to say that I love how Charvel guitars look nowadays. I've tried this one some time ago and I loved it.

Attached Image

Do you have any experience with this brand?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 10 2021, 08:36 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2021, 08:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 10 2021, 04:24 PM) *
That guitar looks great on you Gabe!!! Some folks just go with some guitars and I think that one fits you just right. How did it play?

Yeah! hahaha. I really liked it, however I'm not sure if I would get a Floyd Rose guitar again. That's the only thing that didn't convince me.

But I know that there are similar versions with strat type bridge (with tremolo).

This guy has lots of Charvel guitars..

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 10 2021, 08:42 PM
These look great. The lack of pick guard looked cool on the one of you in the picture. Then again, pick guards can make some axes cooler smile.gif The charvels that don't have a floyd, do have locking tuners in many cases so they maintain tuning stability and such. I"ve always wanted one of the 'SandDimas" charvel. This design was very popular back in the day with Sunset Strip Metal bands in the 80s and it's become a classic. smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 10 2021, 03:34 PM) *
Yeah! hahaha. I really liked it, however I'm not sure if I would get a Floyd Rose guitar again. That's the only thing that didn't convince me.

But I know that there are similar versions with strat type bridge (with tremolo).

This guy has lots of Charvel guitars..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:39 AM