Blood Stained Hyprocrisy
Owen
Feb 14 2008, 01:27 PM
GMC:er
Blood Stained Hypocrisy

Spoken Introduction;

Tonight we tell the world that there are no second chances in the eyes of justice...
Tonight, we tell our children that in some instances, in some cases, killing is right.

Various Assortment of Larynx wretching metal vox;

Feel the needle prick your skin
Piercing fresh flesh
Injecting venomous death
Slowly killing scorned humanity

Isolated, in front of an audience
Flashback, of a life once lived
Demons, leaping fragmented vision
Chanting fear ridden memories
Upon a paralyzed victim
Agonising in the pain of recollection

Darkened hatred,
Blood craving knife
Slowly scarring sweet frail mankind
Drawing gnarled hands in scarlet
As they nimbly retreat
In to a comforting darkness
The home of a tortured mind
To which death is compassion

Spoken;

Tonight, as every other night
In this land of condemned men
Feasting ravenously on their own misdoing
A tarnished flag of degradation
Flies gracefully above a sea of innocent blood

Return to metal! ;

White stars spattered with murder
States of deciet
Hand in hand with a backlog of demise
Resposible for genocide
Yet
Legality of killing
Is not a contradiction in terms

Mopping up societies defications
Whilst clambering in our own
We see no glaring mistakes
No blood stained hypocrisy
No end to the savagery
Just death,
To the world.

© Owen Waldron

Very CC this one, although I did try to put a message in instead of just going for grizzly horror. Opening introduction is a quote from a murderer just before he was killed by lethal injection. Whilst I'm no occupant of the United States I'm strongly railing the death sentence here because I dont believe it serves purpose. I think there is a certain contradiction in that we'll let our leaders decimate countries with bombs and they get away unpunished whilst others are brutally executed, not that I'm saying killers should be let 'free' as it were, just that I disagree with the principals and the morality behind such hypocrisy.

This songs a bit of a reflection of my way of thinking, people will no doubt disagree with me and so I'll encourage debate on this one as long as people keep it civilised smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Feb 14 2008, 02:16 PM
Singing Instructor
wow...full of anger...like it....smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 14 2008, 04:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Great tune, definelty an underlying anger and frustration in there, awesome lyrics smile.gif

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 17 2008, 03:43 AM
Nice lyrics, but I can't say that I exactly agree with them. I mean, I see what you're saying about the hypocrisy in it, and I agree 100% with that part. Don't even get me started on the current President of the US dry.gif But still I believe if someone premeditatedly plans to murder another that they deserve no better than what the gave. They don't need to just serve 20 years and then get out on parole, they either need to be locked in prison for life, or given the death penalty, imo. I also believe this should be true with pedophiles and other perverts such as that. Now I'm not saying that everyone who kills should recieve the death penalty, or a life sentence for that matter.

Here would be an example: two guys get into a fight at a party, things soon escalate, and one of them draws a knife, and stabs the other, killing him.

See, this was by no means premeditated, thus, I feel that it doesn't deserve a death sentence. This just my oppinion, so I hope that we can keep this civil laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Feb 17 2008, 09:01 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Feb 17 2008, 03:43 AM) *
See, this was by no means premeditated, thus, I feel that it doesn't deserve a death sentence. This just my oppinion, so I hope that we can keep this civil laugh.gif smile.gif

laugh.gif
you are wright....

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 17 2008, 02:29 PM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Feb 16 2008, 06:43 PM) *
Nice lyrics, but I can't say that I exactly agree with them. I mean, I see what you're saying about the hypocrisy in it, and I agree 100% with that part. Don't even get me started on the current President of the US dry.gif But still I believe if someone premeditatedly plans to murder another that they deserve no better than what the gave. They don't need to just serve 20 years and then get out on parole, they either need to be locked in prison for life, or given the death penalty, imo. I also believe this should be true with pedophiles and other perverts such as that. Now I'm not saying that everyone who kills should recieve the death penalty, or a life sentence for that matter.

Here would be an example: two guys get into a fight at a party, things soon escalate, and one of them draws a knife, and stabs the other, killing him.

Hey man! First of all, Thanks for your reply smile.gif

I agree with you, if someone is a violent murderer then they shouldnt spend just 20 years and then however long on parole, they should be punished, your right, and they should be locked away for a long long period of time.

I'm just saying that I dont particularily agree with the death sentence, I think theres too much possibility that you could kill someone who is innocent :- that would be terribly wrong. I also feel that its wrong to punish murder with murder, shows the hypocrisy in the system, I dont think that "goes around comes around" way of thinking is ideal for a justice system, anyway, I think for some people death is a release compared to spending a life sentence in a prison cell.

Whatever happens, if your not an emotionless psycho, murder (or any other big crime) is going to spend an indefinate amount of time on your conscience and asides from a lenghy prison time is also going to be a huge punishment.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 17 2008, 03:33 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Theres a book called "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham, about an innocent who receives the death penalty, Its very interesting book.

In the town of Ada, Oklahoma, Ron Williamson was going to be the next Mickey Mantle. But on his way to the Big Leagues, Ron stumbled, his dreams broken by drinking, drugs, and women. Then, on a winter night in 1982, not far from Ron’s home, a young cocktail waitress named Debra Sue Carter was savagely murdered. The investigation led nowhere. Until, on the flimsiest evidence, it led to Ron Williamson. The washed-up small-town hero was charged, tried, and sentenced to death—in a trial littered with lying witnesses and tainted evidence that would shatter a man’s already broken life…and let a true killer go free. Impeccably researched, grippingly told, filled with eleventh-hour drama, John Grisham’s first work of nonfiction reads like a page-turning legal thriller. It is a book that will terrify anyone who believes in the presumption of innocence—a book no American can afford to miss.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 17 2008, 09:06 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 17 2008, 07:29 AM) *
Hey man! First of all, Thanks for your reply smile.gif

I agree with you, if someone is a violent murderer then they shouldnt spend just 20 years and then however long on parole, they should be punished, your right, and they should be locked away for a long long period of time.

I'm just saying that I dont particularily agree with the death sentence, I think theres too much possibility that you could kill someone who is innocent :- that would be terribly wrong. I also feel that its wrong to punish murder with murder, shows the hypocrisy in the system, I dont think that "goes around comes around" way of thinking is ideal for a justice system, anyway, I think for some people death is a release compared to spending a life sentence in a prison cell.

Whatever happens, if your not an emotionless psycho, murder (or any other big crime) is going to spend an indefinate amount of time on your conscience and asides from a lenghy prison time is also going to be a huge punishment.

I do see what you mean about an innocent being mistakenly executed for a crime that he didn't commit, and yes, that would be horrible. But, idk, I still feel as if the death penalty should at least be reserved for serial killers, mass murderers, and other criminals of that nature.

I formed this opponion after watching this show on the Discovery channel a few times, called "Most Evil." It examines infamous serial killers and murderers from the Twentieth century and places them upon a "scale" of evil. Some of things that those people did were absolutly horrendous, and I don't think deserve anything but death.

That book sounds interesting, btw. I need to read it.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 17 2008, 09:30 PM
Suppose it varies on what you think death will be, release or a punishment.

I'm agnostic, so I dont really know what death holds, nor care to speculate but I could see how someone who is Christian or religious would believe that death could be a punishment.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 17 2008, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 17 2008, 02:30 PM) *
Suppose it varies on what you think death will be, release or a punishment.

I'm agnostic, so I dont really know what death holds, nor care to speculate but I could see how someone who is Christian or religious would believe that death could be a punishment.

I look at death being a comfort for the victim's family.

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Mar 7 2008, 01:25 AM

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 17 2008, 09:49 PM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Feb 17 2008, 12:36 PM) *
I look at death being a comfort for the victim's family.

Okay, well you have your views and I have mine, we'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose smile.gif

Thanks for your input though smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:27 AM