Its Been Decided....
TreyDeschamp
May 3 2009, 04:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I might be a little less active on the forum because I have decided to stop with all of my distractions(computer, xbox, etc.) and get busy with my guitar again. The only way to be good is to practice and push yourself to be great. I am going to start over from the very beginning. Learn chords and music theory and ultimately try to play in the style of metalcore. Can anyone help me to be able to know what chords and scales go along with metalcore type songs?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
AlexLion
May 3 2009, 06:50 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ May 3 2009, 06:41 PM) *
I might be a little less active on the forum because I have decided to stop with all of my distractions(computer, xbox, etc.) and get busy with my guitar again. The only way to be good is to practice and push yourself to be great. I am going to start over from the very beginning. Learn chords and music theory and ultimately try to play in the style of metalcore. Can anyone help me to be able to know what chords and scales go along with metalcore type songs?

Glad to hear that brO! You`re back to play guitar! wink.gif

Actually Major scale and it`s modes and Harmonic minor and it`s modes will be enough for such type of music smile.gif It`s varies from band to band of course but usually they don`t use Lydian\Myxolidyan\Ionian for riffs, about chords you can search through Ian Bushell`s lessons and grab something useful from there smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 3 2009, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post
-Zion-
May 3 2009, 07:36 PM
Learning Roadie
great news mate..

i'm glad you figured out what to do.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 3 2009, 08:13 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 3 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Glad to hear that brO! You`re back to play guitar! ;)

Actually Major scale and it`s modes and Harmonic minor and it`s modes will be enough for such type of music smile.gif It`s varies from band to band of course but usually they don`t use Lydian\Myxolidyan\Ionian for riffs, about chords you can search through Ian Bushell`s lessons and grab something useful from there smile.gif

Thanks for the help man!

QUOTE (-Zion- @ May 3 2009, 01:36 PM) *
great news mate..

i'm glad you figured out what to do.. smile.gif

Yep this time I'm going to stick to a strict practice schedule thought. I have noticed that my consistancy in practicing isn't the best.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Canis
May 3 2009, 08:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ May 3 2009, 09:13 PM) *
Yep this time I'm going to stick to a strict practice schedule thought. I have noticed that my consistancy in practicing isn't the best.

That's great! One of the best things you can do is making a practice schedule! The hard thing is to stick with it, though.
My tip would be to have a weekly schedule, with only a little variation from day to day so you don't get bored, since human beeings are known for their attention span of repetitive things tongue.gif

Stick some of the techniques you wanna practice in there, but include a few fun lessons as well =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
May 3 2009, 09:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Glad to see that you managed to find a new start with your playing. Was pretty afraid that you would stop completely, which was really a shame if that happened smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 3 2009, 09:27 PM
Instructor
minor and major scales, and their modes, and every chord that those modes build are good for that kind of music I guess. You will use a lot of powerchords, they only have root & fifth of every scale, but regular chord triads can be used as well, so root, third, and fifth note of every mode.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
May 3 2009, 10:45 PM
Jazz Instructor
Ok, give me your xbox, I will save it for you, remain focused on guitar playing smile.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 3 2009, 10:48 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Great news man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 3 2009, 11:54 PM
Instructor
Glad you're back on track,
you've got some fine advices above,
now go for it and have fun. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 3 2009, 11:56 PM
Instructor
Excellent to hear your motivation is back. Now go and practice, make it happen every day and good things will follow !

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 4 2009, 01:13 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 3 2009, 03:27 PM) *
minor and major scales, and their modes, and every chord that those modes build are good for that kind of music I guess. You will use a lot of powerchords, they only have root & fifth of every scale, but regular chord triads can be used as well, so root, third, and fifth note of every mode.

Thanks man that helped alot!:)

QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ May 3 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Ok, give me your xbox, I will save it for you, remain focused on guitar playing smile.gif

Haha are you sure you would like to game under the account name TurkeyButtTrey?

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
May 4 2009, 04:57 PM
welcome back!

the funny thing is, there are no special chords or scales that metalcore uses...a G major scale will have the same notes and sound as an E Minor, its just the pattern you play in makes it "Sound" major.

when you start adding diminished and dominant chords, you can break out the harmonic minor for some metal licking camel riding action!

also, im not very familiar with metalcore, but dont they usually do riffs and one string chugga chuggga choo choos ??? (if that makes any sense)

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
May 5 2009, 05:23 AM
Instructor
That's a great news!

Those times I think are the periods where we advance a lot because the motivation is renewed.

Keep us up to date with that and ask whatever you need wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 5 2009, 01:06 PM
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ May 4 2009, 11:23 PM) *
That's a great news!

Those times I think are the periods where we advance a lot because the motivation is renewed.

Keep us up to date with that and ask whatever you need wink.gif

Thanks man will do

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
May 5 2009, 04:38 PM
Instructor
cool news my friend laugh.gif A very mature desicion of you wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
May 5 2009, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (Carlos Carrillo @ May 5 2009, 05:38 PM) *
cool news my friend laugh.gif A very mature desicion of you wink.gif

I have to admit. The "Carlos Text" Thing looks great laugh.gif

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 5 2009, 04:50 PM
QUOTE (Young Guitarist @ May 5 2009, 06:43 PM) *
I have to admit. The "Carlos Text" Thing looks great laugh.gif

Lol personal feature biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:17 PM