Shredding Mistake--or Is It?
Roko
Jun 15 2008, 06:07 AM
GMC:er
Hi--
I have gotten to be very good at shredding, or at least speedpicking. I can now play many of lessons here on GMC. However, I have noticed that it is easiest for me to put my right hand (playing hand) closer to the neck. If my picking hand is right next to the neck, I can initiate exhilirating bursts of speed. When I play lower down, it sounds less clear. I have always heard that for speedpicking you should place your right hand close to the bridge. Is there something wrong with my speedpicking??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DeepRoots
Jun 16 2008, 09:34 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Well i watched the video and in my opinion it sounds okay.

Just remember not to pick like this because of the speed factor- that will come with practise. The tone of this method is what should make you want to play it. As far as playing is concerned in the video you may wat to slow things down to help with muting the unwanted strings and also hand synchronisation.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:35 PM