Misconceptions About Guitars ?
Ben Higgins
Jul 19 2014, 09:23 AM
Instructor
Before I started playing the guitar there were 2 things that I mistakenly thought:

I thought that the higher register notes were played down at the headstock end !

I thought that you used whammy bars by moving them from side to side !

Can you remember any odd ideas that you had about guitar playing before you learned how to play ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Spock
Jul 20 2014, 10:14 AM
GMC:er
I use to think a feedback from a guitar note was a totally different instrument - like a box with a lever on it, I didn't know of feedback, whammy bars or even synthesizers back then.

In particular this song, "King of the Nighttime World" by Kiss. The opening note. On the album and on Kiss Alive II you don't hear him pluck the string to make the feedback, so I had no idea it was a guitar...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Jul 20 2014, 10:15 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 20 2014, 05:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 20 2014, 10:14 AM) *
I use to think a feedback from a guitar note was a totally different instrument - like a box with a lever on it, I didn't know of feedback, whammy bars or even synthesizers back then.

In particular this song, "King of the Nighttime World" by Kiss. The opening note. On the album and on Kiss Alive II you don't hear him pluck the string to make the feedback, so I had no idea it was a guitar...

I wish I hadn't watched that video huh.gif I cant get the chorus out of my head blink.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 20 2014, 06:52 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 20 2014, 12:05 PM) *
I wish I hadn't watched that video huh.gif I cant get the chorus out of my head blink.gif

Here, I can help you smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:08 AM