Soloing/improvising Advice., Improvisation.
ndk
Jan 12 2009, 01:04 PM
GMC:er
Hello all,

I have been at this for a while now, a few months (intensive) and I've made tremendous gains in terms of learning licks and improving speed in my execution. I have been playing for 32 years and I know I can get better by practice and then more practice and then, even more practice and it has paid off.

I imagine that you guessed that I was interested in lead (blues) guitar. My questions are the following and any answers or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

I have mastered the mixo, dorian and obviously the blues scales and am able to picture each scale as I play and switch from one to another. This is very close to just playing blues scales or the major scales and throwing in b7, for example. And I know that the mixo goes very well over the I in a I-IV-V chord progression etc, etc. But I need something more. Pro lead guitarists seem to know which "tonal" notes to hit over chord progressions.

What I need to know are the tonal notes when soloing over a progression, in other words, which notes to hit when soloing *over* the progression in order to sugest the change more emphatically than just switching modes.

Secondly, is there a resource that teaches licks with bends, pull offs and hammer ons on all 5 blues boxes? So far, I have only been able to find licks that span the 1st and 2nd box.

Thirdly, melody is also a sticking point. how can some artists accomplish the "feel" of a melody within the solos. Is there a method to this? I've also notices that most solos have a melody, if one can call it that, similar to the riff of the song. Any comments on this?

Thank you so much for any help. This is where I'm stuck at at this particular time and it's very frustrating given my resolve to get better and the fact that I practice many hours/ day and I'm stuck on these points.

Again, thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:23 AM