> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Andy James Style, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

onetabmat
Dec 11 2018, 04:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Andy James Style by Gabriel Leopardi

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=59767

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 12 2018, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Hey there again!

Intro part of this take sounds clearly better than your previous attempt. I also like your new tone way more than the old one smile.gif Still there is some lack of consequence in your picking hand. Have you noticed you reverse picking direction comparing to Gab's original picking? First accent is on the weak part of the beat so it would start with and upstroke. This way all other strokes would assign automatically in just the right spots, assuming you don't stop your hand moving (doing blank strokes between played notes)

Middle part need some polishing - I'm not sure If you properly split notes into particualr rhythm values. There are moments where it sounds uneven.

Now a kind of overall observation and I hope a good advice. You have some essential problems with rhythmitising some essentiall licks. It sound like you would try to skip some kind of level that has been in between. At this missing level you would learn the basic mechanics in these licks in a medium tempo. In your take you are trying to execute them quite randomly like you would have no idea how they would have sound at slow speed. Hard thing to explain but my tip for you would be to go to something very little below this level and fill some gaps of missing workouts for particular runs/licks - that woudl definitely helpo you understand and work them out in this kind of tempo range.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2018, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

Great to see that you continue working and improving this lesson. I can notice many things that sound better here. The licks are sounding clearer and cleaner, and your overall technique is being polished.

There are two elements that need to be improved here which are totally related and that appear in the whole lesson: Rhythm & timing. Many parts have timing issues, while many other parts are played with a different rhythm. One example of the first problem is mostly when playing the solo sections, and the more melodic licks which are played after the beat most of the time. One clear example of the rhythm issue appears in the first riff which is played different compared to what I've written for the lesson, so I recommend you to re-check the rhythm using guitar pro file and metronome, or listening carefully to my lesson's take.

Does this make sense to you? Can you hear what I'm saying? Feel free to write me a PM for more assistance and remember that I've opened this thread with lesson suggestions for you: LINK.

Cheers mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 16 2018, 11:20 AM
GMC Founder
Very well done improving your recording technique!!

The new sound and video angle is on a new level for sure - which makes it much easier to give you good feedback!

Now I can see your right hand is all set up for economy picking à la Yngwie - which is great as it will allow you to do crazy stuff! The danger with 3 note per string economy picking is that it totally disrupts the rhythm of your right hand.

When picking, the right hand serves as an important time keeping tool: we learn where the accents are, and as long as you stick to strict alternate picking they will remain the same. This does however not apply to economy picking.

What this means in practice - is that if your sense of timing was not 100% before you starting doing economy picking - it is not necessarily going to get better by practicing economy picking. So you really need to think actively about keep the pulse going somewhere else (ie tap your foot).

Nevertheless you are doing a good job in the riffing section and over all this take is very close to being highly musical. You get a 7 from me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 17 2018, 12:16 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:06 AM