2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Copyright Violation? Famous Backing Tracks
mattacuk
Jan 4 2008, 09:38 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 3 2008, 11:27 PM) *
Everyone always plays the 4th movement of Summer because it is "heavy" and "shreddy," however I think they are all awesome. So many cool licks in Spring especially, infact classical music is a pretty good place to get licks from because you can bet that only a few other people are going to try the same thing. I haven't heard the entire Winter or Autumn yet, just like the first five minutes of both, both really cool so far though. I got so much music for Christmas it is ridiculous I can't listen to it all. Some of the stuff I got is

Tony MacAlpine
Vinnie Moore
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Schubert
Paganini
Haydn
Mozart
Beethoven
Vivaldi
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Shawn Lane
Opeth
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Cacophony

EDIT: I think something like Paganini Caprices would be more appropriate for GMC than Four Seasons though, since Paganini is like solo and Four Seasons is like full orchestra. I learned some of Spring on my guitar and too be honest it sounds much better with the legato sound of a violin. For Paganini maybe a lesson on the first minute of Capricci 20th would be good, it is really beautiful and simple.

This is an inredible informative post - thankyou ! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 4 2008, 09:39 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Owen @ Jan 3 2008, 11:45 PM) *
I cant exactly see how they could be taylored for GMC's needs like a normal lesson could, in essense it conforms rigidly to the core of a particular song which means that an array of ideas and styles is harder to get across in such a shortened period of time - full songs being 3 minutes approx and lessons only being about 1 minute for the full composition.

good point there Owen

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:47 PM