Very Slow Loading Of Videos, that last few days
kahall
Oct 9 2008, 02:41 AM
Learning Roadie
I have checked everything on my end and all other sites are fine. The videos are taking a really really long time to load for the last 2 days. Anyone else? Probably not.
thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Lian Gerbino
Oct 9 2008, 02:50 AM
Instructor
not here... but I think it´s different in other parts of the world

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Oct 9 2008, 02:54 AM
GMC:er
From: Pass Christian, MS (10 minutes from Maximus's house)
Yep im having the same problem. sad.gif

It took me 3 minutes to fully load Ian's new lesson.

--------------------
"You don't play the guitar, You play the music"

MY GEAR:

Greg Bennett Avion
Alvarez MF 60C
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effects Pedal

GO SSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
kahall
Oct 9 2008, 03:03 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (PacmanProductions Reborn @ Oct 8 2008, 08:54 PM) *
Yep im having the same problem. sad.gif

It took me 3 minutes to fully load Ian's new lesson.

Sounds like it is a U.S. thing only or maybe just the south. The backing tracks load up slower then normal but is acceptable BTW.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 9 2008, 09:28 AM
GMC Founder
Only parts of the US seems affected as you say. I would like to forward this to the hosting company - to be sure they are aware of the problem (if it should be on their end - it is equally possible it could be local network problems)

To do this we need a so called "traceroute" from someone who has this problem (this will let us know where the actual problem occurs).

If someone having this problems could follow the steps below and send me a screen shot ( to [email protected]).

* Open the Command Window, which allows you to use command line utilities. Click "Start" and select "Run." Type "cmd" in the box that pops up. Click "OK" or hit "Enter."

* type: tracert guitarmasterclass.net

* then hit enter and send me the screenshot of what comes up ( to [email protected])

Thanks a lot!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Oct 10 2008, 08:16 PM
Reason for edit: replaced ping with tracert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 9 2008, 11:12 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 9 2008, 01:28 AM) *
Only parts of the US seems affected as you say. I would like to forward this to the hosting company - to be sure they are aware of the problem (if it should be on their end - it is equally possible it could be local network problems)

To do this we need a so called "traceroute" from someone who has this problem (this will let us know where the actual problem occurs).

If someone having this problems could follow the steps below and send me a screen shot ( to [email protected]).

* Open the Command Window, which allows you to use command line utilities. Click "Start" and select "Run." Type "cmd" in the box that pops up. Click "OK" or hit "Enter."

* type: ping guitarmasterclass.net

* then hit enter and send me the screenshot of what comes up ( to [email protected])

Thanks a lot!

I just emailed you a pic of my traceroute(from my work email though)

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
kahall
Oct 10 2008, 03:12 AM
Learning Roadie
I am pretty sure you meant tracert instead of ping in your post Kris. Screen shots for both below:

Still slow today, not unusable but not it's usual blasting speed.
Thanks for looking into it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 10 2008, 03:24 AM
Instructor
over 200ms, that's a lot.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 10 2008, 06:32 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 9 2008, 07:24 PM) *
over 200ms, that's a lot.

I sent mine to Kris and it also showed over 250ms avg, but 25% loss of packets(1 out of 4) - Not sure what this tells us.

All I know is my videos buffer and play, alternating between the 2 constantly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 10 2008, 08:25 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks Kahall (and fkalich) I have forwarded the data to the hosting company! I hope to get clarification if the problem should be on their end and if it remains.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 11 2008, 08:56 PM
GMC Founder
Ok we have a little success here! According to the hosting company they have had more problem reports from the US and will perform "routing changes" next week - after that the concerned GMC:ers can expect improvements of video streaming performance!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 11 2008, 09:03 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 11 2008, 02:56 PM) *
Ok we have a little success here! According to the hosting company they have had more problem reports from the US and will perform "routing changes" next week - after that the concerned GMC:ers can expect improvements of video streaming performance!

sound good to me. it is not like this was killing me. but I know sometimes you have to give the tech guys evidence of a problem before they are willing to admit that they have one.

which is really reasonable. people often complain about a problem, when in fact the the problem is on the user's end.

+Quote Post
kahall
Oct 12 2008, 12:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the update.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
Oct 15 2008, 04:11 AM
Learning Roadie
I am not sure you can do anything about this but it is still pretty bad. Here is a tracert from just a few minutes ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 15 2008, 08:56 AM
QUOTE (kahall @ Oct 15 2008, 04:11 AM) *
I am not sure you can do anything about this but it is still pretty bad. Here is a tracert from just a few minutes ago.

I know Kris is trying to fix this with the hosting company. Maybe he should put a notice on the home page about it as we don't want to lose half the US members here.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 16 2008, 08:11 PM
Still slow as of last night - I haven't done a lesson in 3 days now - Just buffers when I try, along with freezing videos - I am located in Southern California

Hope there's some resolution soon as this is starting to get annoying - Its time Kris starts threatening the hosting company because this is unacceptable for paying members

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 16 2008, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Every once in a while problem on the internet occurs, and it is mostly because of the big companies, and congested links. So I suggest that we be patient a bit, the problem will probably be solved one way or another. GMC rulez, and this small issue will not let any members off it, just because video couldn't load for a 10-15 days. I had some periods where I couldn't use internet for like a month! Like the whole internet, could you believe that biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kahall
Oct 17 2008, 03:07 AM
Learning Roadie
Ok, this evening the lessons are loading as they should. Nice and quick. Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 18 2008, 05:51 AM
Yeah - My problems seem to be resolved as well in Southern California.

thanks,
mh

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 18 2008, 06:05 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 16 2008, 03:07 PM) *
Every once in a while problem on the internet occurs, and it is mostly because of the big companies, and congested links. So I suggest that we be patient a bit, the problem will probably be solved one way or another. GMC rulez, and this small issue will not let any members off it, just because video couldn't load for a 10-15 days. I had some periods where I couldn't use internet for like a month! Like the whole internet, could you believe that biggrin.gif

no, not in the US for sure and other places I expect. Should not happen. Kris should be aware that these guys were not on the ball, and go forward with that in mind, he is running a business. His, but not going to sugar coat this as being something acceptable, to have problems like this for an extended period. It really is not anymore.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I am not telling him how to run his business. However, this is very sub par performance at least in the US, to have a problem for an extended period. A provider should have backup, contingency plans, so this would not occur, alternate contingency plan B should be in place to avoid long outages or degradation of performance. I am really not blaming Kris, I never felt that way. And maybe this will never happen again with his network provider. It should not. Should not have happened even once though, not in this day and age.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Oct 18 2008, 06:24 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:26 AM