Devil Doll / Mr. Doctor
The Uncreator
Jul 22 2012, 04:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

All credit goes to Nihilist for showing me this, but after hearing this song - I am just absolutely sold. Completely taken off guard. Make it at least 16:30 in, by the 16:30 mark I was resigned to just accept this as sheer genius. There are metal/ rock bits, proggressive, orchestral, avant-garde, ambient, there is everything. I LOVE this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 22 2012, 06:43 PM
Instructor
Yeah, Nihilist posted about Devil Doll a while back.. I gave it a small listen but it would be good to sit my self down and give it a proper run through smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 22 2012, 06:58 PM
GMC:er
Me too.. LOVED IT biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 22 2012, 11:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hehehehehe

wink.gif

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 23 2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah, crazy Slovenians, they always had strong avant-garde music scene in the former Yugoslavia.
This reminds me on Lacrimosa a bit?

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 23 2012, 09:49 AM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 23 2012, 08:48 AM) *
Yeah, crazy Slovenians, they always had strong avant-garde music scene in the former Yugoslavia.
This reminds me on Lacrimosa a bit?

Mozart's Lacrimosa?

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 23 2012, 10:07 AM
No man, The Cult German Dark Band Lacrimosa!!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 23 2012, 10:24 AM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 23 2012, 09:07 AM) *
No man, The Cult German Dark Band Lacrimosa!!

Oooh!

I just need to be sure you could clarify a bit more. There is a bit of similarity in the sense that they are both dark classical projects. Devil Doll has everyone else in that relative department beat, though.

EDIT: I do like Lacrimosa, however, I really only listen to their tracks that are classically based. I am not a big fan of most of their guitar driven music. I know that sounds odd since guitar is my main instrument, but I feel as if they do better without it.

Another similar group is Autumn Tears. They have the lovely Laurie Ann Haus(I think Todd worked with her a bit) as the soprano for all the albums. She really is an amazing vocalist. She even did work on MGS4 and a few other games.

There is also: Artesia, Ophelia's Dream, Persephone... I have way too large of a list laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Nihilist1: Jul 23 2012, 10:50 AM

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 26 2012, 10:38 PM
Well, worked a 10 hour day and listened to the entire discography of Devil Doll. Blew me away, I cant fathom half this stuff. "The Girl Who Was...Death" is still a masterpiece, I've listened to it end to end about 6 or 7 times in less than a week. God I love it, so glad Nihlist turned me on to this.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 26 2012, 11:32 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 26 2012, 09:38 PM) *
Well, worked a 10 hour day and listened to the entire discography of Devil Doll. Blew me away, I cant fathom half this stuff. "The Girl Who Was...Death" is still a masterpiece, I've listened to it end to end about 6 or 7 times in less than a week. God I love it, so glad Nihlist turned me on to this.

'The Girl Who Was Death' is based on a show from the 60's called 'The Prisoner'. Believe it or not, the woman that you see on the cover came from that show as well. I loved watching it after I listened to the album because I realised where he pulled all of those soundbytes from.

I am glad you like it! It is absolutely fantastic!

If anyone wants to know more, you can find information at:

www.devildoll.nl

www.devildoll.darkbb.com

This post has been edited by Nihilist1: Jul 26 2012, 11:32 PM

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 27 2012, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I've actually seen some of the show after I heard Iron Maiden's "The Prisoner" some years ago. The intro lyrics inspire such fear though, I mean, its insanely creative.

DON'T TRUST HIM
WHEN HE TURNS HIS BACK
HE LOOKS AT YOU.
DON'T TRUST HIM
WHEN HIS EYES ARE CLOSED:
HE STILL LOOKS AT YOU.

I FLED, I FLED
DEVOURING THE SPACE.
BUT THE SHAPELESS BULK
WAS CHASING ME -ENRAGED-
BREATHING MY FOOTSTEPS,
UNSATED WITH KILLING ME
SLOWLY,

LOVE it

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 27 2012, 01:50 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 27 2012, 12:14 AM) *
Yeah, I've actually seen some of the show after I heard Iron Maiden's "The Prisoner" some years ago. The intro lyrics inspire such fear though, I mean, its insanely creative.

DON'T TRUST HIM
WHEN HE TURNS HIS BACK
HE LOOKS AT YOU.
DON'T TRUST HIM
WHEN HIS EYES ARE CLOSED:
HE STILL LOOKS AT YOU.

I FLED, I FLED
DEVOURING THE SPACE.
BUT THE SHAPELESS BULK
WAS CHASING ME -ENRAGED-
BREATHING MY FOOTSTEPS,
UNSATED WITH KILLING ME
SLOWLY,

LOVE it

That probably doesn't make sense to people who haven't seen it. It refers to these "Bubbles" that help keep the prisoners on the 'island' that they are living at. They are relatively shapeless and they mercilessly attack anyone that tries to flee the prison. Then the person usually passes out from a lack of oxygen and wake up back at their "house" or cell.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 28 2012, 11:36 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 23 2012, 09:24 AM) *
Oooh!

I just need to be sure you could clarify a bit more. There is a bit of similarity in the sense that they are both dark classical projects. Devil Doll has everyone else in that relative department beat, though.

EDIT: I do like Lacrimosa, however, I really only listen to their tracks that are classically based. I am not a big fan of most of their guitar driven music. I know that sounds odd since guitar is my main instrument, but I feel as if they do better without it.

I have read somewhere that Lacrimosa's singer are influenced by Devil Doll a lot!! And agree that devil Doll is more unique then anything else!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:44 AM