2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What Songs Are You Guys Working On Playing?
stratman33
Jul 4 2007, 08:18 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jul 4 2007, 03:09 PM) *
but now im working on Jordan..

By Buckethead??? blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 4 2007, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jul 4 2007, 03:18 PM) *
By Buckethead??? blink.gif

By Buckethead indeed. Its not as intence as it seems biggrin.gif alot of crazy effects and alot of simple riffs. give it a shot hahah biggrin.gif it sounds amazing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
The JEM
Jul 7 2007, 04:36 AM
i did jordan awhile ago from gh2 and i got past the sweep picking part and the first solo. but the tapping and on left me confuzzled. blink.gif

--------------------
my gear :
gibson sg standard ebony finish
roland 30 cube amp
boss ds-1 ultra mod pedal
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks
ernie ball super light strings (the pink package)
and some short skinny fingers attached to my hand

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jul 7 2007, 04:40 AM
Working on Transylvania. Pretty simple to pick up on but getting up to the speed that Maiden plays it is gonna take a little time. The ultimate alternate picking and stamina song!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jul 7 2007, 04:41 AM
Steve Vai - Juiced
Pavel - Advanced chording (love the sound)
Collection of Sins (always find me playing this one)

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
kethcup
Jul 7 2007, 05:03 AM
Megadeth - Rust in Peace...Polaris

Plus, Gabriel's posted lessons on here - Maiden and Vinny moore, etc...

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 7 2007, 08:18 AM
Lets go fishing!
Im doing a series of GMC lessons, just concentrating on getting some killer technique at the moment! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The JEM
Jul 7 2007, 05:57 PM
currently doing
steve vai - die to live
steve vai - for the love of god
guns n' roses - paradise city

--------------------
my gear :
gibson sg standard ebony finish
roland 30 cube amp
boss ds-1 ultra mod pedal
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks
ernie ball super light strings (the pink package)
and some short skinny fingers attached to my hand

+Quote Post
Speedeh
Jul 8 2007, 12:12 AM
I'm working on a few songs, but mostly I'm focusing on my speedpicking, sweeping, and basically all the technical stuff. I started playing in January and I don't want to learn songs by tabs yet, though I do like to "dabble" smile.gif

Wolfmother - Where Eagles Have Been - I use the beginning for fingerpicking practice and the the solo is a couple of bluesy/rock type runs.

Muse - Knights of Cydonia - A couple sweeping sections, legato, and speedpicking make this fun. Also the music video for this song rocks so it's fun to pretend to be a gunslinger while playing it

Megadeth - Hangar 18 - Just the rhythm for now. I don't want to break my brain (or fingers!) trying to play the solos in this song. I also love the way the timing of the song changes half way through. It's like the longest breakdown in history biggrin.gif

Again, because I only started in January, I really can't play many songs off the top of my head. I wanted to stay away from memorization and build some solid theory knowledge before I become a glorified cover artist ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 8 2007, 04:08 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I just started my transcriptions for Iced Earth's "Burnt Offerings" album, i already know "Diary", "Dantes Inferno" and "Burnt Offerings", hopefully by the end of this week ill have the whole album down.

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 9 2007, 02:47 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 7 2007, 11:08 PM) *
I just started my transcriptions for Iced Earth's "Burnt Offerings" album, i already know "Diary", "Dantes Inferno" and "Burnt Offerings", hopefully by the end of this week ill have the whole album down.

Does that mean your trying to learn it by ear

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 9 2007, 04:20 AM
The Spirit Carries On - Dream Theater
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica (a song I've always loved and never learned)
Enter Sandman Solo because it's the first song I learned to drum and shall be the first real solo I learn tongue.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 9 2007, 04:43 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Anastasio123 @ Jul 8 2007, 09:47 PM) *
Does that mean your trying to learn it by ear

Yes i am, i try to do everything by ear if possible. I can do it pretty easy with certain bands that ive listened to for a long time, like Iced Earth. i just am very accustomed and familiar with his (Jon Schaffer) style of writing and playing, so it comes pretty easy.

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 9 2007, 06:03 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 8 2007, 11:43 PM) *
Yes i am, i try to do everything by ear if possible. I can do it pretty easy with certain bands that ive listened to for a long time, like Iced Earth. i just am very accustomed and familiar with his (Jon Schaffer) style of writing and playing, so it comes pretty easy.

yea learning stuff by ear is great pitch exercise but i don't know how you can pull it off with shred speed passages...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:27 PM