Dirtbox Competition, A contest I entered.
thefireball
Apr 4 2010, 01:54 AM
Learning Roadie
This contest does not require such flashy guitar tricks. This is more my level. Still learning on improvising. Still a beginner.
Here is the link to the competition video (deadline has been reached).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSWfm4bryDg...eos=2LXdAUHUNIY

Here is my entry. Most everybody else shredded the backtrack, but I gave it a melancholy sound. It is what spoke to my heart. I don't expect to win, just wanted to have fun. smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glPWch6NgdY

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Apr 4 2010, 01:58 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That's a very nice entry man, congratulations. Try to add a little vibrato and it will sound killer.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 4 2010, 05:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very nice man! Like Coffeeman said, better vibrato and also watch the bends. There are a few just short of pitch, but not to much out. A little bit of polish just to make it perfect.

All that said this was a great take, Congrats! smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Apr 4 2010, 02:12 PM
Jazz Instructor
Very nice! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 4 2010, 02:37 PM
Instructor
The solo is really nice. I also advise to re-upload with more precise bends and vibrato. good luck there

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 5 2010, 11:18 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice playing man! smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 5 2010, 11:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks guys! smile.gif The contest has been over so it's too late to resubmit, but that's good advice. I hope that by entering these contests I will improve my skills. Thanks for the constructive critism. smile.gif Y'all are nice people!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:27 PM