> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Rhythm With Rhida
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 6 2014, 09:28 AM
Instructor
Hey matey smile.gif Welcome to your personal thread!!

Let's discuss rhythm and approach in general when studying a lesson! Usually, when learning a certain rhythm pattern based on chord play, here are a series of steps that should be followed in order to make sure that you first understand what you have to play:

- left hand - learn the positions and the amount of time that a chord lasts (i.e. each chord change occurs on beat 1 and 3)
- practice with a metronome by counting the beats and executing the chord changes as clean and in good timing as possible. Mark the changes with one right hand strum.
- right hand - mute the strings with your left hand and practice the strumming patterns with your right hand without focusing on the changes. Learn the groove and start feeling it, by practicing as described above against the metronome. Tap your foot to the beat and focus on understanding where beat 1 occurs all the time.
- both hands: put left and right together after you have become acquainted and used to each drill above - you will feel much more confident for certain.

Then when practicing a lesson, another set of steps that assure a natural and organic learning process would be these:

- understand the theoretical concepts - know what and why you are playing is a healthy way of learning
- learn the lesson structure - things will flow naturally once you know what's next when playing any piece
- learn each part and reproduce it slowly with the metronome - you will learn the lesson and become accustomed with the timing and feel
- put all the parts together and practice them against the slowest available backing track - respecting timing and phrasing will provide essential advantages when you will face the details of any piece!
- work your way up tempo with the available backing tracks

Choose one of the rhythm based lessons that you have the most trouble with and let's try to apply the above mentioned suggestions on it when learning smile.gif What do you think?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Cosmin Lupu   Rhythm With Rhida   Oct 6 2014, 09:28 AM
- - Rhida   Excellent stuff Cosmin! One lesson is on my mi...   Oct 6 2014, 04:34 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   The pleasure is all mine and I would be the happie...   Oct 7 2014, 02:03 PM
- - Rhida   So I give it a lot of thoughts and that's what...   Oct 8 2014, 07:07 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   You are one of the most hard working people here...   Oct 9 2014, 06:47 PM
- - Rhida   Oh yeah! We've have definitely a deal!   Oct 9 2014, 07:56 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   That sounds perfect to me, mate - I'll go chec...   Oct 9 2014, 08:39 PM
- - Rhida   So here we are! Simple riff based on the Meta...   Oct 16 2014, 08:14 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey matey! Congrats on passing that lesson...   Oct 17 2014, 08:51 AM
- - Rhida   Finger pressure is definitely a big problem of min...   Oct 20 2014, 05:24 AM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey mate I think that in the last one the 8th not...   Oct 20 2014, 11:01 AM
- - Rhida   Hi and thanks for your comments at REC. The idea o...   Oct 26 2014, 02:12 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey mate, The Tightness Etude sounds like a good ...   Oct 27 2014, 02:56 PM
- - Rhida   Hi Cosmin here's where I am today with the St...   Oct 30 2014, 03:46 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey mate! Your timing is getting better, but...   Oct 31 2014, 01:40 PM
- - Rhida   Hey Cosmin! Thanks for your kind words and co...   Nov 5 2014, 08:52 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey buddy! I have listened to the recordings ...   Nov 6 2014, 04:25 PM
- - Rhida   No rushing I get it ! I will work slowly on ...   Nov 6 2014, 06:16 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   He mate! Nothing to it That sounds very good ...   Nov 7 2014, 09:57 AM
- - Rhida   Hey how are you doin? It's been some weeks si...   Dec 9 2014, 06:35 AM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey bro! Not bad! At all You still have ...   Dec 11 2014, 11:47 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:20 AM