My First Student Collaboration, Rock ballad style - all levels
lcsdds
Jan 22 2009, 05:33 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 22 2009, 05:19 PM) *
Holy crap Lcsdds take is phenomenal. Awesome job dude

Thanks fatb0t. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Much appreciated. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 22 2009, 06:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
Tried hard on this today Emir and here's the outcome,

This will be my final take and I'm reasonably happy with it. Wouldn't say its the entire song is of my best ability, I tend to never be able to record a take that has no errors tongue.gif

Using my Korean Peavey Wolfgang which has horrible intonation so I apologise for some out of tune notes, I just wanted to utilise the 22 frets and Floyd smile.gif

I wanted to also challenge myself a bit and have no modulation effects on and maxium 50% gain. So this is relatively dry with no reverb/delay which I usually overly use!

Feel free to add what ever mixing effects and stuff you want man,

Thanks for the great backing.

Talk soon.

Attached File  emir_collab_mixdown.mp3 ( 1.63MB ) Number of downloads: 175

Attached File  emir_collab_mixdownNObt.mp3 ( 1.63MB ) Number of downloads: 102

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 22 2009, 06:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 22 2009, 04:55 PM) *
This is my First collab Emir and This was the best I could come up with biggrin.gif . Let me know if it is OK or I need to change anything for you to be able to mix it. I liked how Tolek included a video so I have included one as well. I like to see what people's fingers are doing. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nice take, mate! Your playing is really fluid which confirms your excellent technique. smile.gif You are definitly my favourite dentist. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 22 2009, 06:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 22 2009, 06:31 PM) *
Nice take, mate! Your playing is really fluid which confirms your excellent technique. smile.gif You are definitly my favourite dentist. laugh.gif

Thanks Tolek. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif If you ever get a toothache let me know. laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 22 2009, 06:43 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 22 2009, 04:55 PM) *
This is my First collab Emir and This was the best I could come up with biggrin.gif . Let me know if it is OK or I need to change anything for you to be able to mix it. I liked how Tolek included a video so I have included one as well. I like to see what people's fingers are doing. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Monte ... your technic is incredible !!
Great take and thanks for the video ... you are right, to see your fingers on this take IS nice to see smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 22 2009, 06:56 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 22 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Monte ... your technic is incredible !!
Great take and thanks for the video ... you are right, to see your fingers on this take IS nice to see smile.gif

Thanks Andy, I appreciate the compliment. biggrin.gif I wish everybody would include a video. I just think it is helpful when you see/hear a lick you like to be able to see what people are doing. I heard quite a few on your take I'd love to steal. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 22 2009, 07:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 22 2009, 03:55 PM) *

Great smile.gif thank you

QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Jan 22 2009, 05:30 PM) *
Tried hard on this today Emir and here's the outcome,

This will be my final take and I'm reasonably happy with it. Wouldn't say its the entire song is of my best ability, I tend to never be able to record a take that has no errors tongue.gif

Using my Korean Peavey Wolfgang which has horrible intonation so I apologise for some out of tune notes, I just wanted to utilise the 22 frets and Floyd smile.gif

I wanted to also challenge myself a bit and have no modulation effects on and maxium 50% gain. So this is relatively dry with no reverb/delay which I usually overly use!

Feel free to add what ever mixing effects and stuff you want man,

Thanks for the great backing.

Talk soon.

Attached File  emir_collab_mixdown.mp3 ( 1.63MB ) Number of downloads: 175

Attached File  emir_collab_mixdownNObt.mp3 ( 1.63MB ) Number of downloads: 102

Ok brother, I'll fit it in the mix the best I can smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 22 2009, 07:15 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 22 2009, 06:56 PM) *
Thanks Andy, I appreciate the compliment. biggrin.gif I wish everybody would include a video. I just think it is helpful when you see/hear a lick you like to be able to see what people are doing. I heard quite a few on your take I'd love to steal. laugh.gif

True, videos are great ! My take i couldn't play in one go because of different sound settings. A digital device like the POD is not reacting like a good amp where you can go from clean to gain just by the volume pot on the guitar. Something i'm dreaming of to have rolleyes.gif

To steal lick from video is much easier of course, but i like to do it by ear as well and i think it's more rewarding in the long run. Pedja's latest fusion collab take/lesson for example. Two nights ago i needed quite a while to figure it out what he is doing and today it's online with tabs and everything. It's good to compare now, but i guess i learned a lot when doing it first by ear. There was one part which was making me crazy, i could hear the interval, but couldn't find the notes on the fretboard .. there i really start to doubt laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 22 2009, 08:06 PM
GMC:er
Really good take. smile.gif

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 23 2009, 02:29 PM
Instructor
Hi guys.

I am still missing some takes. There are 2 days left so please hurry up and record something. I need to start mixing. There is a huge amount of work for me to be done so you can expect the results in about a week time from today.

cheers

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 23 2009, 09:12 PM
OK guys.... please don't laugh at this one wink.gif That's my second solo ever, and the first so long rolleyes.gif
I tried to make it as interesting as I could, hope you won't get your ears hurt... tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Emir_ballad_utak3r_wbt.mp3 ( 1.14MB ) Number of downloads: 106
Attached File  Emir_ballad_utak3r_nbt.mp3 ( 779.72K ) Number of downloads: 78

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 23 2009, 09:35 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 22 2009, 05:55 PM) *

I'll be honest Monte, I really hate economy picking, but this is really perfect, it sounds like you didnt actually play guitar, but some moog keyboard, and note, run and sweep selections are just awesome, great work bro! laugh.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 23 2009, 09:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 23 2009, 09:35 PM) *
I'll be honest Monte, I really hate economy picking, but this is really perfect, it sounds like you didnt actually play guitar, but some moog keyboard, and note, run and sweep selections are just awesome, great work bro! laugh.gif

Thanks Can, means alot. I have struggled for years with my alternate picking. I really SUCK at it. laugh.gif laugh.gif Legato and tapping have always just come so much easier to me and economy picking is really the only way I can get any kind of aggressive sound. I have finally just come to the conclusion that I am who I am. laugh.gif I wish you would have made a video of your take. I love to see what people are doing when playing, gives me alot of ideas. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
heyoka05
Jan 23 2009, 10:09 PM
I'd like in too if there's still room
thxs

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 23 2009, 11:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 23 2009, 08:12 PM) *
OK guys.... please don't laugh at this one wink.gif That's my second solo ever, and the first so long rolleyes.gif
I tried to make it as interesting as I could, hope you won't get your ears hurt... tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (heyoka05 @ Jan 23 2009, 09:09 PM) *
I'd like in too if there's still room
thxs

If you can send it tomorrow or sunday morning then yes smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
heyoka05
Jan 24 2009, 12:49 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 23 2009, 05:47 PM) *
Thanks smile.gif

If you can send it tomorrow or sunday morning then yes smile.gif

Well thxs much bro ........unfortunetly a situation has come up that's gonna tie me up for several days ........hate to miss out on your colab. .......I'm sure it will rock .......definitely I'm gonna catch your next one
take care

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 24 2009, 01:25 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 23 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Thanks Can, means alot. I have struggled for years with my alternate picking. I really SUCK at it. laugh.gif laugh.gif Legato and tapping have always just come so much easier to me and economy picking is really the only way I can get any kind of aggressive sound. I have finally just come to the conclusion that I am who I am. laugh.gif I wish you would have made a video of your take. I love to see what people are doing when playing, gives me alot of ideas. biggrin.gif

Monte posting the video is really a great idea, but I were thinking of making a S.I lesson/share kinda thing out of my solo, after Emir's comments, and fixing my possible errors. I'll include tabs, gpro file and everything. Maybe you can do it too, because this solo is great imo... What do you think? laugh.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 24 2009, 01:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (heyoka05 @ Jan 23 2009, 11:49 PM) *
Well thxs much bro ........unfortunetly a situation has come up that's gonna tie me up for several days ........hate to miss out on your colab. .......I'm sure it will rock .......definitely I'm gonna catch your next one
take care

Ok no problem, you can come back next month smile.gif

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 24 2009, 12:25 AM) *
Monte posting the video is really a great idea, but I were thinking of making a S.I lesson/share kinda thing out of my solo, after Emir's comments, and fixing my possible errors. I'll include tabs, gpro file and everything. Maybe you can do it too, because this solo is great imo... What do you think? laugh.gif

this is an interesting idea smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 24 2009, 04:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 24 2009, 01:25 AM) *

I was actually thinking the same thing Can. I have been wanting to do and S.I. lesson. I'll wait until Emir comments and then do a lesson on it if anybody is interested. Would be a good excercise to transcribe my solo. laugh.gif laugh.gif I'd love to see a lesson on yours if you can do it Can. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 24 2009, 11:11 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 23 2009, 09:12 PM) *

Whahaha, no Seriously, your take is quite cool! Very melodic, Way better then my first upload.. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:15 PM