5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Writing My Own Comic !, Inspired by my song..
Ben Higgins
Jan 14 2013, 08:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 14 2013, 06:28 PM) *
yeah, It wouldn't be fitting for Frank to have a fancy toilet like that. biggrin.gif

Yeah, it's a major shock to discover he's not just using a bucket...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 14 2013, 11:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
great stuff Ben smile.gif Its nipping along at a really good pace, also Im really diggin the violence and gratuitous swearing biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 15 2013, 03:38 AM
GMC:er
Still really diggin the style and the fact that you can nail faces and hands from any angle..........DAMN IT! I'm jealous. biggrin.gif Nice Job!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 15 2013, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Frank is just like Wolverine without the claws and the beard! I like him! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 15 2013, 10:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 14 2013, 10:03 PM) *
great stuff Ben smile.gif Its nipping along at a really good pace, also Im really diggin the violence and gratuitous swearing biggrin.gif

Thanks sir ! Yeah, I'm wondering where all this violence and swearing comes from ?? Seems to only come out via the medium of drawing !! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 15 2013, 02:38 AM) *
Still really diggin the style and the fact that you can nail faces and hands from any angle..........DAMN IT! I'm jealous. biggrin.gif Nice Job!

Thanks ! Although I wouldn't say I always get it right.. there's some dodgy drawing here and there that makes me cringe.. and a lot of is is memory and guesswork of imagery I've built up in my head through the years of reading other comics etc.. but it's good enough for this level of comic and at least it's free haha !! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 15 2013, 07:51 AM) *
Frank is just like Wolverine without the claws and the beard! I like him! biggrin.gif

Yeah, you just know Frank and Wolverine would be good friends cool.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 15 2013, 10:44 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
A little serendipity Ben...

An old friend of mine who is graphic novelist recently won the Costa Book prize with his wife for their latest collaboration. So you never know where Frank may lead you smile.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 15 2013, 10:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jan 15 2013, 09:44 AM) *
A little serendipity Ben...

An old friend of mine who is graphic novelist recently won the Costa Book prize with his wife for their latest collaboration. So you never know where Frank may lead you smile.gif

Sounds great, congrats to him !

I think my artwork's too crap to win any awards but I think the concept, character and story has got something there. I'd definitely love to see Frank going somewhere else.. I wonder what Tarantino's doing after he's finished promoting Django Unchained...... ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 15 2013, 12:21 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 15 2013, 09:46 AM) *
. I wonder what Tarantino's doing after he's finished promoting Django Unchained...... ph34r.gif

He'll be jumping on the 'Frank' Band-wagon if he has any sense, like the rest of us!! Really enjoying this Ben!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 15 2013, 03:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 15 2013, 11:21 AM) *
He'll be jumping on the 'Frank' Band-wagon if he has any sense, like the rest of us!! Really enjoying this Ben!!
biggrin.gif

Hey, excellent. Glad you're liking it !!

I thought you might like the handlebar 'tache on Harry !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 15 2013, 05:21 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 15 2013, 02:36 PM) *
I thought you might like the handlebar 'tache on Harry !! cool.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
zoom
Jan 16 2013, 11:21 AM
Learning Roadie
Wow Ben! Just found this. Incredible mate great read and the drawings are great too
Hope some good doors open for you this year.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 16 2013, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Thanks Zoom !!

Just to all let you know I'm part way through the 5th part already and it's my favourite so far !! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 16 2013, 03:43 PM

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jan 16 2013, 04:03 PM
That is first rate stuff. I like the "noir" touch of the main character. Nice artwork too. Can't wait for it to be continued

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 16 2013, 07:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ItSME3 @ Jan 16 2013, 03:03 PM) *
That is first rate stuff. I like the "noir" touch of the main character. Nice artwork too. Can't wait for it to be continued

Thanks a lot ! I don't even know enough about what 'noir' really is.. I just drew/wrote it exactly how it felt natural to me. Maybe I'm a 'noir' guy without knowing it smile.gif

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jan 16 2013, 08:52 PM
Hah, I guess I am just old. The blueprint for all the hard boiled ex-police/military guys that are in protection or work as private investigators, are the classic characters created by Raymond Chandler, Dashiell Hammett or W.R. Burnett. They became famous in movies of the "film noir" era
These guys like Chandlers Philip Marlowe are disillusioned, they drink and are loners (exceptions are their affairs) and can't control their violence. This type of character then became classic Hollywood standard (see the die hard series etc.)

BTW did you watch this one. Nice take on the vigilante topic Harry Brown

This post has been edited by ItSME3: Jan 16 2013, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 17 2013, 10:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ItSME3 @ Jan 16 2013, 07:52 PM) *
Hah, I guess I am just old. The blueprint for all the hard boiled ex-police/military guys that are in protection or work as private investigators, are the classic characters created by Raymond Chandler, Dashiell Hammett or W.R. Burnett. They became famous in movies of the "film noir" era
These guys like Chandlers Philip Marlowe are disillusioned, they drink and are loners (exceptions are their affairs) and can't control their violence. This type of character then became classic Hollywood standard (see the die hard series etc.)

BTW did you watch this one. Nice take on the vigilante topic Harry Brown

Nah you're not old at all.. I've seen the expression loads of times and, although I knew what kind of thing it was always applied to, I never quite knew why or what it exactly constituted. But yes, it's what I imagined.. the bitter cop or ex-this or that, often making cynical observations to oneself and barely holding his life together whilst getting involved in all sorts of hi-jinx ! Love it, just my kind of thing. Sin City, Max Payne would also be firmly in this vein.

I have not seen this film but damn, I want to biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 24 2013, 04:05 PM
Instructor
Gentlemen, I'm proud to present Part 5 of Frank...

P.S. Contains the usual naughty language and comic violence that you've come to love

http://www.thereckoning.net/frank-blake---vigilante.php

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 24 2013, 04:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hehe - I love this tongue.gif

And the badass shirt is great! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 24 2013, 05:21 PM
Well Ben i have to say that you inspired me to get back into drawing stuff once again. i actually have this story i have been thinking for a while now, but i still need to level up drawing skills (especially with faces).

Anyways, keep up with the awesome work!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jan 24 2013, 05:24 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 24 2013, 06:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jan 24 2013, 03:09 PM) *
Hehe - I love this tongue.gif

And the badass shirt is great! biggrin.gif

Excellent - glad you like it ! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jan 24 2013, 04:21 PM) *
Well Ben i have to say that you inspired me to get back into drawing stuff once again. i actually have this story i have been thinking for a while now, but i still need to level up drawing skills (especially with faces).

Anyways, keep up with the awesome work!

Go for it man ! smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:40 AM