3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Collaborations, Chordprogressions
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 14 2008, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Acknowledged kjutte, from now on you will have list of chords and scales that are recommended to use in the lesson. Also Pedja can help for some detailed descriptions if there are any unclarities, thanks Pedja.

I also wrote about the use of F#minor scale here mate.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 14 2008, 05:06 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 14 2008, 05:03 PM) *
One thing I can do well is hear what is going on. I'm just limited in my playing ability. I can write songs way above my talent as a guitarist but unfortunately lack the skills to play the things but that's because I've been a musician for 19 years but only a guitarist for just over 5.

I know some people lack the time to figure it out but I'm just saying others prefer to just be given a backing and work it out for themselves. Not saying you're wrong or anything mate with your request. Just saying not everybody wants the chords put out for them.

Haha, technique has nothing to do with creation.
Your collabs wouldn't sound like they did if you hear everything, so I won't take that serious.

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 14 2008, 05:05 PM) *
Acknowledged kjutte, from now on you will have list of chords and scales that are recommended to use in the lesson. Also Pedja can help for some detailed descriptions if there are any unclarities, thanks Pedja.

I also wrote about the use of F#minor scale here mate.

Appreciate it man. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 14 2008, 05:08 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 04:06 PM) *
Your collabs wouldn't sound like they did if you hear everything, so I won't take that serious.

What do you mean by that? Everything I play is through hearing it. I don't spend time figuring it out I just do it.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Dec 14 2008, 05:08 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 14 2008, 05:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:00 PM) *
This is starting to piss me off.
Recording has nothing to do with practise.

You gotta have your facts straight when you're doing a recording.
I agree that it's nice to train to hear chords, but you do that when you're not 10 secs from doing a take.

We all want to hear every chord there is, but not showing chordprogression in collabs won't help that.
Less speculation please.

Now now, no reason to be name calling or the like of that. This is just a general trading of opinions.

(I will comment more when I'm done with making pan cakes smile.gif )

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 14 2008, 05:10 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 14 2008, 05:08 PM) *
What do you mean by that? Everything I play is through hearing it. I don't spend time figuring it out I just do it.

That if you knew everything about the chords you heard, you would be 200% more creative.
Fact is you stick to one scale all the time man, so don't give me this rubbish about your ultra aural skill, nor that chordprogs are useless.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 14 2008, 05:08 PM) *
Now now, no reason to be name calling or the like of that. This is just a general trading of opinions.

(I will comment more when I'm done with making pan cakes smile.gif )

It's not an opinion at all, I want my chordprogression to modulate in creative ways.
Stick to one scale all the f time if you want , I don't care.

When you record it should sound creative and good, not noodling.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 14 2008, 05:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:06 PM) *

Sounded like an offence to me, but not sure if it should be taken as that, but I got a similar response from you, Kjutte.

Technique has some few things to do with creativity, as learning new techqnies open up new possibilities on the creative front.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 14 2008, 05:12 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 04:09 PM) *
That if you knew everything about the chords you heard, you would be 200% more creative.
Fact is you stick to one scale all the time man, so don't give me this rubbish about your ultra aural skill, nor that chordprogs are useless.

I don't stick to the same scale all the time. And I happen to sell a lot of music with my band that I created all of so I'm quite happy if I'm rubbish and making good money from selling my creations smile.gif I use different scales in a lot of my playing. I am quite annoyed how you have to make things personal. How much have you made from creating music. I think very little so please keep your nasty opinions to yourself as I don't need to hear them. Many people are impressed with my song writing abilities and hence why they buy our music. People don't pay for things they don't want smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 14 2008, 05:13 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 14 2008, 05:10 PM) *
Sounded like an offence to me, but not sure if it should be taken as that, but I got a similar response from you, Kjutte.

Technique has some few things to do with creativity, as learning new techqnies open up new possibilities on the creative front.

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH CHORDS?

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 14 2008, 05:12 PM) *
I don't stick to the same scale all the time. And I happen to sell a lot of music with my band that I created all of so I'm quite happy if I'm rubbish and making good money from selling my creations smile.gif I use different scales in a lot of my playing. I am quite annoyed how you have to make things personal. How much have you made from creating music. I think very little so please keep your nasty opinions to yourself as I don't need to hear them. Many people are impressed with my song writing abilities and hence why they buy our music. People don't pay for things they don't want smile.gif

You're great OC, I'm glad you're satisfied with everything you do.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 14 2008, 05:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:10 PM) *

It's not an opinion at all, I want my chordprogression to modulate in creative ways.
Stick to one scale all the f time if you want , I don't care.

Well, if you have taken any notice in my latest collabs and those coming up, you would see that I do not stick to one scale all the time.

But I must disagree, as I do think it is about opinions - some people express and urge to have the chord progression while others don't. I am not saying I am going to cry if they are going to be on every collaboration, as I will accept democracy smile.gif

QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:13 PM) *
WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH CHORDS?

It was merely a response to your claim that technique and creativity had no connection. I am not saying they are 100% bound together though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 14 2008, 05:15 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 14 2008, 05:13 PM) *
Well, if you have taken any notice in my latest collabs and those coming up, you would see that I do not stick to one scale all the time.

But I must disagree, as I do think it is about opinions - some people express and urge to have the chord progression while others don't. I am not saying I am going to cry if they are going to be on every collaboration, as I will accept democracy smile.gif

OK man, I guess you hear all the intervals and chords with added notes. Good for you.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 14 2008, 05:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:10 PM) *

There are different approaches to this. I know a couple of guitarists playing in fairly recognized bands here in Denmark who seem to take the same approach as I do. You hear the track, you play around a little bit, you find some tasty licks over one part, then work up a solo...

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 04:13 PM) *
You're great OC, I'm glad you're satisfied with everything you do.

I'm very happy with my writing thanks. Just not with my playing standard. I'd prefer to write songs for more capable guitarists to play.

And just so you know don't bother talking to me on msn again as I have blocked you for your complete disregard for peoples feelings. Constructive criticism is fine but to just come out and say what you did earlier is out of order.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
kjutte
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 14 2008, 05:17 PM) *
There are different approaches to this. I know a couple of guitarists playing in fairly recognized bands here in Denmark who seem to take the same approach as I do. You hear the track, you play around a little bit, you find some tasty licks over one part, then work up a solo...

If you wanna reinvent gunpowder, good for you

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 14 2008, 05:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:15 PM) *
OK man, I guess you hear all the intervals and chords with added notes. Good for you.

No, I am not saying I hear all the chords with all the intervals and added chords. As I stated earlier I far from have the best ear. If I can hear the first chords or so I am generally happy with that and then I can work from there. That by all means will probably only be: "I can hear the root is B and that the chord is minor". Maj7 chords and dimished etc. is generally easier for me as well, where as min7 is a diffirent story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 14 2008, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 14 2008, 05:17 PM) *
I'm very happy with my writing thanks. Just not with my playing standard. I'd prefer to write songs for more capable guitarists to play.

And just so you know don't bother talking to me on msn again as I have blocked you for your complete disregard for peoples feelings. Constructive criticism is fine but to just come out and say what you did earlier is out of order.

If you weren't being so arrogant and nasty, disregarding your own knowledge and skill, I wouldn't.
Hurtful man, keep in mind that you're always talking to me.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 14 2008, 05:21 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 14 2008, 04:20 PM) *
No, I am not saying I hear all the chords with all the intervals and added chords. As I stated earlier I far from have the best ear. If I can hear the first chords or so I am generally happy with that and then I can work from there. That by all means will probably only be: "I can hear the root is B and that the chord is minor". Maj7 chords and dimished etc. is generally easier for me as well, where as min7 is a diffirent story.

And just so you know Caelum is comments earlier were aimed at me and not you.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 14 2008, 05:21 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 14 2008, 05:20 PM) *

Hence the chordprogression to use theory for creativity. God...

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 14 2008, 05:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Hence the chordprogression to use theory for creativity. God...

Knowing the chord progression, however, could also limit your creativity, no?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 14 2008, 05:24 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 14 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Knowing the chord progression, however, could also limit your creativity, no?

Of course not. the creativity lies within improvisation. However to know the notes to improvise with, you need to know the chords that are being played.

If I was god, I would see every single pattern that could be viable, but I am not.

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 14 2008, 05:27 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:00 PM) *
This is starting to piss me off.
Recording has nothing to do with practise.

You gotta have your facts straight when you're doing a recording.
I agree that it's nice to train to hear chords, but you do that when you're not 10 secs from doing a take.

We all want to hear every chord there is, but not showing chordprogression in collabs won't help that.
Less speculation please.

You're always crying about your zero development man, and now you lecture my development?

Ok for onece, he is NOT lecturing your developement and he is Not always crying. Kjutte. Maybe you could try and be a bit more polite? If it' s starting to piss you off, you can obviously handle no opinions against your' se!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:23 AM