New Mesa Rigs For Thu
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2021, 11:26 PM
GMC:er
Ever since my fave guitar plugin (overloud thu) added "RIGS", things have gotten very interesting. the "Rig Player" looks a bit like an original kemper box. I think that's what they are sorta going for. It takes the rather complicated overloud interface and reduces it to just a few knobs. An amp is sampled/profiles, sorta like as with a kemper, then the effects and such are added as well. All of this gets put together and can then be controlled with just a few knobs instead of the enormous signal chain that usually goes with a complex sound in thu. It doesn't have to be a huge signal chain, it just often seems to be. One of the things some folks seem to not like about overloud is that it can be a pinch daunting if you are just getting in to plugins. That is what was so brilliant about the NEURAL DSP stuff. The interface is just an amp with a few knobs and the effects section is like 3 stomp boxes with a few knobs each. So it doesn't bury the user under too much complexity.

*Neural dsp soldano plugin interface
Attached Image

The "Rig Player" is the THU answer to making the interface workable for everyone. Know matter how much or little experience once has.

*Rig Player in Overloud THU
Attached Image

The latest "RIG PACK" is all about the Big Iron MESA. It sounds pretty darn spiff I must say. Brutal Chugg in a rig pack only a click away. Whaddya think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 17 2021, 11:55 PM
I specially like the eq section as they are not amp but mix type eq. , makes it really quick to fit into any backtrack etc. . It's a real time saver.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 17 2021, 10:26 PM) *

Make sure to check the freeware's I shared, can tap so much gain I think you'll love them smile.gif not a replacement to THU as while THU is a touch more authentic these are on the modern (for some might be too balanced) sounding.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 28 2021, 04:51 AM
Can you link the freeware here in this thread as well? Maybe with a youtube video showing a sound demo? Thanks!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 17 2021, 06:55 PM) *
I specially like the eq section as they are not amp but mix type eq. , makes it really quick to fit into any backtrack etc. . It's a real time saver.

Make sure to check the freeware's I shared, can tap so much gain I think you'll love them smile.gif not a replacement to THU as while THU is a touch more authentic these are on the modern (for some might be too balanced) sounding.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 28 2021, 08:52 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 28 2021, 03:51 AM) *
Can you link the freeware here in this thread as well? Maybe with a youtube video showing a sound demo? Thanks!

Sure; https://ml-sound-lab.com/collections/amp-si...d-stevie-t-free I started using it with ir's. It accepts many but specially liked bogner or balanced sounding 4x12 marshalls for soloing.

https://ml-sound-lab.com/collections/amp-si...cts/amped-roots this one is also cool but to me better for powerchord stuff as it has a recro-like mid scoop.

Edit; I used the amp with a bogner cab. on the soundcloud link in this topic;

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=61957

This post has been edited by Mertay: Apr 28 2021, 02:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 28 2021, 11:13 PM
The Stevie T! This is a great option especially for free! I like it a lot! It's got everything you need, sorta like a NUERAL DSP type of plugin. It's all there. Amp/cab/fx, etc. Also, like the NEURAL plugins, it's a very similar and simple interface. It's just the bare bones of what you need to have a very good sounding rig. This is a great plugin. Thanks for reminding us about it!!

Also, don't forget the FLUFF free amp sim from the same vendor!

https://ml-sound-lab.com/collections/amp-si...cts/amped-roots

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 28 2021, 03:52 AM) *
Sure; https://ml-sound-lab.com/collections/amp-si...d-stevie-t-free I started using it with ir's. It accepts many but specially liked bogner or balanced sounding 4x12 marshalls for soloing.

https://ml-sound-lab.com/collections/amp-si...cts/amped-roots this one is also cool but to me better for powerchord stuff as it has a recro-like mid scoop.

Edit; I used the amp with a bogner cab. on the soundcloud link in this topic;

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=61957

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 28 2021, 11:19 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 28 2021, 11:34 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 28 2021, 10:13 PM) *

Cool smile.gif

I also think since this guy made all the ir's for Neural, his amps likely uses the same code-base Neural uses for their amps. I get that feel specially when raising master volume and how it changes the tone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2021, 07:41 AM
Makes sense smile.gif Notice how similar the overall user interface is to the NEURAL DSP stuff?

\
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 28 2021, 06:34 PM) *
Cool smile.gif

I also think since this guy made all the ir's for Neural, his amps likely uses the same code-base Neural uses for their amps. I get that feel specially when raising master volume and how it changes the tone.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 29 2021, 09:52 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 29 2021, 06:41 AM) *
Makes sense smile.gif Notice how similar the overall user interface is to the NEURAL DSP stuff?

\

Well, that might be a bit of a stretch as this is a 1 man company vs Neural in that regard. But yeah regarding easy accessibility its quite simple.

It consumes 50% less cpu so if the fx in it doesn't work for the project one has enough room to open external fx from DAW; I actually like the boss type noisegate more than neural,overloud despite it has its own drawbacks. The tubescreamer also good enough for its boost purpose...so worst case scenario a use of external delay or reverb doesn't seem like a big deal considering the sound and being freeware.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:41 PM