Guitar Tab Site, What are some suggestions you have?
Sircraigery
Mar 13 2009, 01:33 AM
GMC:er
My first features I want in a tabulature (or guitar pro site) would be that:

1) Only the best tab survives. (None of this ver.5 crap). If a new tab is added, it would be given 1 month. From there who ever got more star ratings in the last 3 weeks wins the draw (and either trash the old or new tab).

2) Tabs are search able by genre and tuning!!!! Like, if you select in your search "Top 100 tabs, guitar pro, metal, drop D" a buttload of Lamb of God would pop up (or whatever matches). ultimate-guitar.com is very close here, but the tuning would be an excellent feature to have in a site.
- As a sub-note, no sub genres. Only: Country, Alernative, Rock, Blues, Metal, Soundtrack
Yes, this means that say Linkin Park would be under metal (aggree or disagree, it's just easier than searching through the sub genres).

If you have anything to add that you would like to see, go for it. There are a lot of eyes that view us. Come to think of it, it was ultimate-guitar.com that I first heard of GMC from.

Kris, maybe if enough interest can you suggest it to the correct person? Assuming you would know how to contact the staff of UG.

I just thought of another one

3) Allow users to post their backing tracks for the songs. With the same rules as the tabs themselves.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Mar 13 2009, 01:43 AM
GMC:er
Some cool ideas here, the idea of cutting out bad tabs, and the search function is fantastic. I'm guessing the Country, Alternative, Rock, Blues, Metal, and Soundtrack was just a start, if not, then you definitely need to add more sections if you want the site to work! I would use tabs much more often if they were ever accurate, and easier to sort through.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Mar 13 2009, 01:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:19 PM